IGNORED

Pulse Nightclub, Orlando Domestic Terror

SpoonfulOSugar

@marblesmom. If it is a white, non Muslim dude you can bet it will get buried.... Mentioned in passing at the most.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

I can smell the bullshit that is that statement he made all the way from here in Iowa.  You dry out what Patrick said and you could fertilize every yard in North and South America.

Nahhh, hon, I'd rather fertilize with Naugler "humanure compost" than with toxic wastes....

1 hour ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

I'm just now aware of the Orlando nightclub slaughter early this morning.  My heart breaks.

NBC News just mentioned a potential assault was thwarted in Los Angeles at a Pride event.  Which now freaks me out.  Because I have a family member at the Chicago Pride event (at least I think it's this weekend).

Regardless, such a tragedy.

I went to a Pride event last week and my cousin is at one today (Philly).  

I've said this before with terrorists (Boston bombing) that I almost wish it was Bubba Redneck committing the crime because it shuts down Islamophobia.  An ex of mine agreed that if the Gabby Giffords shooter (happened when we were dating) were named Mohammed, things would have been handled differently.

36 minutes ago, notsocommon said:

@marblesmom. If it is a white, non Muslim dude you can bet it will get buried.... Mentioned in passing at the most.

*shrugs*  It's trending on my Facebook, it was mentioned previously in this thread . . . I don't think it is being buried at all, personally.

Editing to add:

New York Times timeline of the events in Orlando -

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/06/12/us/what-happened-at-the-orlando-nightclub-shooting.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=0

Mike Huckabee posted this two hours ago

I just landed in Tel Aviv, the site of a recent horrific terrorist mass shooting, and am now catching up with the details of an even more deadly attack back home in Orlando.  The latest news I’ve received is that the death toll at the gay nightclub Pulse has reached 50, with 53 wounded.  That makes this deadliest mass shooting in US history.  The shooter was killed in a shootout with police.  Please join me in praying for the victims and their families, and that the wounded will recover and there be no more casualties. 

The link below has a recap of what happened if you’re just getting up on Sunday morning and hearing the news.  The killer was identified as Omar Mateen, a US citizen of Afghan heritage from Port St. Lucie, Florida.  Police say he entered the crowded dance club at 2 a.m., well-organized for an attack and carrying a semi-automatic rifle.  It’s being treated as a radical Islamic terrorist attack.  Authorities are usually hesitant to say that so early in an investigation, so there must be some pretty strong evidence.  President Obama has been notified and is receiving regular updates.  I am keenly interested to hear what he will say. 

Obama, of course, has become famous for refusing to call obvious acts of Islamic terrorism, such as the Ft. Hood shooting and the San Bernadino shooting, by their accurate names. Western nations have opened their borders and kowtowed to radical ideologies in the name of political correctness and multiculturalism, and we are seeing the deadly results in Europe and now here in America.  How many more tragic attacks will it take, in Europe, Israel and now in America, before self-hating liberal leaders wake up to the fact that radical Islam is a deadly menace, incompatible with Western values?  News flash: there is a real war on gays and women, but it’s not Republicans who are waging it.  And instead of the hate behind this vicious slaughter, we’ll probably hear more lectures about the firearm.

I know this sounds silly, but as a huge fan of RuPaul's Drag Race, this incident hits close to my heart. Lots of girls from the show perform there, including Kenya Michaels last night. Apparently she was one of those held hostage. Knowing how fun, lighthearted, and truly joyful drag shows are just makes the whole thing seem that much scarier. Ban assault rifles now. Australia did it, we could do it. Please contact your congressional reps.

Orlando Police has begun releasing the names of victims as they reach next of kin. :(

There's a candle light vigil in San Francisco at Harvey Milk Plaza (in the Castro) tonight. I really want to go. I've been a wreck all day over this. As a QPOC who is active in the club community this hits close to home. 

The sad part is I'm now terrified to attend. I'm scared to take the train. Not going is giving in, going is potentially dangerous. Idk what I'll do. I lit a candle and cried with friends this morning. 

3 minutes ago, BirthingGodsWarriors said:

There's a candle light vigil in San Francisco at Harvey Milk Plaza (in the Castro) tonight. I really want to go. I've been a wreck all day over this. As a QPOC who is active in the club community this hits close to home. 

The sad part is I'm now terrified to attend. I'm scared to take the train. Not going is giving in, going is potentially dangerous. Idk what I'll do. I lit a candle and cried with friends this morning. 

Yeah there's a vigil in Little Rock too. I'm somewhat terrified to go there or to the local bar tonight. There's a magic mike show tonight and I would like to go, but I'm sort of nervous about it even though I realize the odds are slim... I'm afraid of a copycat attack though.

it keeps hitting me how this could have easily been any club anywhere... Even here in my little city

OK, folks, we FJ people identify in a heck of a lot of ways, and we're scattered all over the world.  Why can't we have a cybervigil, over the course of several hours, for everyone who can't comfortably get out to a memorial/spiritual/community event?  

I'm in for tonight for candles and prayers, probably offline (our home connection is slowwwww), for 8 pm Eastern US time (New York/DC).  Anyone care to join?

2 minutes ago, samira_catlover said:

OK, folks, we FJ people identify in a heck of a lot of ways, and we're scattered all over the world.  Why can't we have a cybervigil, over the course of several hours, for everyone who can't comfortably get out to a memorial/spiritual/community event?  

I'm in for tonight for candles and prayers, probably offline (our home connection is slowwwww), for 8 pm Eastern US time (New York/DC).  Anyone care to join?

I'm in. I was thinking about lighting a candle tonight anyway. That would be 7pm central time.

My internet here sucks at the moment, so I can't post the screen shots, I can't even C/P or get the link... Grrr... but Dan Patrick has finally gotten around to a 'sorrynotsorry' 'apology' on his FB page.

Hope these post in order... Dan Patrick's latest post.

Also Pat Robertson continues to spew shit.

image.png

image.png

image.png

10 minutes ago, samira_catlover said:

I'm very fond of this site for virtual candles:

http://www.gratefulness.org/light-a-candle/

I will probably light several this evening.  

Thank you fjismyheadship!

I'll be so glad when we get our wifi back and I can post things again without the slow as molasses connection on my phone.

So, I'm pretty slow on the uptake today, but when I saw "Orlando shooting" pop up in my newsfeed, I thought it was about the singer (Christina Grimmie).

This is fucking unbelievable. Fundamentalist religion strikes again (or so it looks to be the case). My heart hurts for the victims, friends, and family.

Am I being too sensitive about this tweet from Lawson Bates? It was posted at 7:48 this morning.

Proverbs 14:34 (KJV)

Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin [is] a reproach to any people.

FJ is a caring community, and I have a feeling more heartfelt prayers are being said today from members here than are being said from members of these 'holier than thou' families. 

Maybe I'm looking at his words unfairly, but it shows lack of empathy to tweet that proverb after this senseless violence.  Not a word about prayers for the victims--nothing to show support or love.

I'm just so sick about the state of this world, and so terribly sad for the victims and all those affected by this tragedy.

And I see that low life piece of dung Donald J. Trump had to shove his foot in his mouth up past what passes for his reproductive organs;

huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-orlando_us_575d92e6e4b0e39a28addbe6

Donald Trump took to social media on Sunday to congratulate himself just hours after a gunman attacked a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida, leaving 50 dead and 53 injured.

With reports swirling that suspected shooter Omar Mateen may have had ties to Islamic extremism, Trump wanted to make clear the significance of that development: He was right.

His supporters have apparently wasted no time telling him that the massacre in Orlando is further proof that he was right to call attention to Islamic terrorism, even if his proposed Muslim ban would have had no effect in this case. Mateen, who died during the attack, is a U.S. citizen, born in New York.

Donald Trump is a toolbag and it seems like nothing the guy says or does will cost him supporters.  The guy could open fire in the middle of Times Square and still have loyal supporters.

A couple of people are pointing out that every other Sunday that Mr. Patrick posts a bible verse, he makes sure to put "Have a blessed Sunday!"

this is the only Sunday he didn't say that.

23 minutes ago, FJismyheadship said:

Hope these post in order... Dan Patrick's latest post.

Also Pat Robertson continues to spew shit.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Well that sure is a textbook non-apology "apology"...

20 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Donald Trump is a toolbag and it seems like nothing the guy says or does will cost him supporters.  The guy could open fire in the middle of Times Square and still have loyal supporters.

As you may recall der Trumpenführer once said that he could shoot someone on 5th Ave and not lose any voters;

cnn.com/2016/01/23/politics/donald-trump-shoot-somebody-support/

Sioux Center, Iowa (CNN)Donald Trump boasted Saturday that support for his presidential campaign would not decline even if he shot someone in the middle of a crowded street.

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters," Trump said at a campaign rally here.

He's a sick fuck and it turns my stomach how he can be the nominee for President.

2 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Spanky, bathing in the milk of Christian kindness:  

That's our Spanky -- staying klassy in so many ways.

Notice how humble & repentant he is now that he's days away from the end of his "suspension" from Ligonier Scams Ministries?

Me neither.

Yeah and of course Westboro Baptist Shithouse of Hate Church chimed in right on cue;

patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2016/06/12/westboro-baptist-church-gay-victims-of-nightclub-massacre-brought-death-upon-themselves

In a series of tweets today, Westboro Baptist Church, the extremist Christian cult that is pretty much the definition of a faith-based hate group, claimed that the victims of the Orlando nightclub massacre brought their murders upon themselves because they were gay.

No word yet on whether church members will picket the funerals of the victims, but it seems likely given their track record.

I should point out that, despite the tweets above, the church doesn’t approve of people killing gay people… at least not themselves. They believe God hates gay people and will torture them in the afterlife — and they will absolutely let everyone know it — but they wouldn’t pull the trigger themselves.

What about Omar Mateen, the shooter in this case? He was “sent” by God. But he’s in Hell, too, they say. Because they’re God’s messengers and that’s how it works.

Archived