IGNORED

Fundie/Duggar Dreams MERGED

emeraldskull

Wow.. that sounds really hilarious.

I once dreamed I was a SAHD that had the "pleasure" to be helping in the Peter Bradrick family. I don't remember any real conversations but a feeling like I was trapped and the wish to leave, but then realized I'd have no where to go. It was more a sad and desperate dream and really strange!

They even had a choreography that they all performed, some sitting, some standing up!

(I think this is due to the fact I watched the proposal on "Mobbed" the other day :))

Last night I dreamed I was an imprisoned fundy daughter. I was out with family and saw a chance to run. I grabbed several small siblings, girls and boys alike, and we ran for it and hid in a house down a side street.

I don't think it's all that unusual to have these sorts of dreams. I've had several dreams about living with the Duggars, in one Jim Bob cast me out for having had premarital sex in my teens. Just a few nights ago I dreamed I was moving to Nevada to marry Kody Brown.

Back before there was FJ and Hillary McFarland who now gets that traffic, I heard much about how to help get a daughter out of a home. I had dreams that I was helping another girl get out, and her birth certificate burst into flames which seemed like the end of the world in the dream. And then, it rolled over and got mixed up with my own, real life experience when I tried to leave my home.

I was just out of college, had been working as a nurse for nearly two years, and I'd owned a car for three (that I'd paid for). I'd just turned 21. My mother's car broke down, and I was informed that I was giving my car to her for the next couple of weeks until hers could be repaired. When I protested, I was told that they would see that I was taken back and forth from work. What? I think that in part, they were mad that I'd gone on overnight trips with girlfriends and once to my boyfriends parents' home overnight, and I didn't ask their permission. (They would have said, "No," really just because of their own fear and desire to control.) I told them where I was going and left phone numbers, but it really bothered them. I think that they saw the car thing as an opportunity to clip my wings a bit, and I saw it as a loss of everything I'd worked to achieve. Had they talked to me about it, I would have gladly shared the car, but they didn't give me that option. When I told them that I'd rather move out, it broke into what I'd definitely call an altercation, and my dad had to restrain my mom while I did nothing to defend myself. I was called "whore" a few times. I was off from work the next day, and they came home to find me gone. My mother was difficult, and I didn't want to stay there indefinitely. A huge part of what motivated me to get through school ASAP was a desire to get away, though I didn't really know how to do it. I didn't realize how strongly these experiences of some of the girls leaving home would wake up these old memories for me.

Anyway, I've had a couple of dreams where I'd be helping these girls, but I shifted into my own memory of that night when I was told that I was surrendering my car so that I could be driven around like a 12 year old.

My parents were Pentecostal but did not attend church at that time -- our old church dwindled down to nothing, and they'd not yet found a new place to go. They were no so much fundie as they were 20 years behind the times. I was an only child, and they expected it to be like 1958 instead of 1987 when it happened. They were more influenced by that social mindset of the '50s and "what will the neighbors think" kind of stuff. I would learn later that, for my mother, this all got into her own experience and unresolved conflict with her sister while she was young, unmarried, and still at home with her own parents. I would also learn that she had Borderline Personality Disorder, and all this fell right into that scheme.

Since more of this religious stuff has to do with recreating a former social environment from the past as opposed to Christianity itself, and patriarchy, I guess that I'm not all that surprised that it is so similar for me in my mind.

I use to have a dream similar to that;

It was like a retelling of a Cinderella story, the girl was named Josephine and she lived with her Step-parents (her stepmom married again) and the stepmom was a bitter, unsympathetic, cruel woman while the step-dad was a harsh, misogynistic authoritarian with a Paranoid personality. He had two sons who were pious but hypocritical and cocky. The step-mom had two daughters of her own; one was just like her, except she was sanctimonious, and the other was less like her and more self-righteous. Josephine was not any other Cinderella; she was bold, carried a knife with her and audacious but she was unsophisticated of the world since she lived in isolation for most of her life in a secluded country house. She had no Prince to save her, but the fairy godmother was actually a statue of a Mother Goddess, a Feminine Divine.

I had a dream about JD last week that left me blushing. And it wasn't anything I couldn't tell my husband about. In my dream I was hanging out with the older Duggar teens and was a young adult woman myself. We were just talking when JD said he was ready to start courting and to prove it he would kiss the love of his life. I was looking around because there were a few non-Duggar girls there too. The Duggar rents started screaming no, no no! when JD grabbed me by my shoulders and gave me a big old kiss. I was so shocked that I woke up in real life blushing just from that kiss. :oops: :lol: even though the kiss woke me up right away, I still remember my dream self was mighty pleased. :lol:

I wonder if it's odd that with all my fundie watching in conscious hours, I don't recall ever having a dream about any of them or situations or circumstances related to them.

Then again, it could just mean I have more pressing fuckery of life issues to dream about and that's not exactly what I would call a good thing. I've been having the same dream involving my mom's husband since I was 15. I'm 44 now. I guess hang ups from the past take precedence over fundie insanity.

• 1 month later...

OMG, I had the weirdest Duggar dream the other night. I really need someone to interpret this for me. In my dream, I was in this upscale restaurant, sitting at a table. The restaurant was outdoors (?) in a field. All of my dreams lately have been taking place in a field. There were waitresses serving drinks. It was a very nice restaurant. All of a sudden, the waitress walks by either a fireplace or a candle and her shirt catches on fire. She starts screaming because she's on fire now. No one gets up from their table to help her or call 911. Everyone at the restaurant just sits there watching her. She's screaming for help and no one will help her. Another waitress tries to help, but then THAT waitress catches on fire too. Still, no one gets up from their seat to help. One patron actually kicks the waitress and tells her to get away from her. The waitresses both die from burning to death. Then my dream switches from the restaurant to a bed room with several bunk beds with blue mattresses. Jill,Jana and James Duggar are sitting on the beds. I'm telling them about the waitresses dying and I say "I can't believe no one stepped in to save them. Would you have tried to save them?" Jill Duggar looks at me and says coldly, "No, because they're going to hell anyway." Jana nods in agreement. They both get up and leave the room. James nods and then gets up and walks away. I'm sitting there stunned at their reactions, because they're supposed to be nice, Christian girls.

For the record, I do take sleep meds which affect my dreams. However, that dream is still crazy. I welcome any interpretations of my dream.

lol that is funny and weird. :P i get lots of weird dreams because of my sleep meds, but i haven't had a fundie dream yet.

I've only had one, it was a few weeks ago, didn't write it down. About the only thing I remember is that JimBob was in a kilt :o I have a thing for men in kilts but this is a bit too much,

I had a Jana dream once. For SOME reason she was in my car and I was driving her to see a boy, because her parents wouldn't let her see him?

It was bizarre!

I've only had one, it was a few weeks ago, didn't write it down. About the only thing I remember is that JimBob was in a kilt :o I have a thing for men in kilts but this is a bit too much,

You just made me toss my cookies. (LIterally, I just finished eating the last of Santa's cookies, LOL). JimBoob in a kilt? The horrors. Pass the brain bleach please!

• 2 weeks later...

Please tell me I'm not the only one who has had dreams like this LOL.

I dreamed I boinked John David last night before marriage, how naughty :naughty:

LOL. I think I need to quit watching the reruns for awhile, oy!

I once dreamed that me and Jill had to team up to rescue all the other Duggars from a pyroclastic surge. There were about 250 children yet neither of us thought this was weird.

Did you have to first explain what to do, using a set of Legos?? :lol:

OMG! You totally made me snort like a pig here with that! :lol:

Ew... indeed. But he is not the worst that you can 'get' in your dreams. I had dreams about really, really ugly local actors sometimes. I woke up ashamed and embarrassed. The last one that I had sex with in my dream, was a guy who looked like Gargamel from the Smurfs and he played a doctor in a series. I even had such dreams about cartoon characters, but really embarrassing ones. I have a totally normal family life but in secret, I might be a creep or stg.

LOL!!!

DEFRAUDING!!!

But now for the real question... was he any good? :lol:

Not the first couple times LOL! :D

Ah, Dolph, come back to me in dreams LOL!

Ew... indeed. But he is not the worst that you can 'get' in your dreams. I had dreams about really, really ugly local actors sometimes. I woke up ashamed and embarrassed. The last one that I had sex with in my dream, was a guy who looked like Gargamel from the Smurfs and he played a doctor in a series. I even had such dreams about cartoon characters, but really embarrassing ones. I have a totally normal family life but in secret, I might be a creep or stg.

I had lots of dreams about The Swede from Hell on Wheels...WHY lol. Don't feel bad there lol!

I dreamed I had sex with the dwarf guy out of Game of Thrones :oops:

:oops: :oops: We are not talking about this! I'm sticking my fingers in my ears and screaming loudly. I have never once dreamed out making out with Ariel's dad from the little mermaid while passed out on the couch after a hard night with the toddler and leaving the TV on. I have never dreamed about a threesome with Kevin Sorbo and Lucy Lawless after watching a 24 hour marathon of Hercules and Xena. Nor have I ever dreamed of making out with JD. You people are just sick.

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Then I would not go into details what dreams I had as a kid (I was a virgin until 19) after a TMNT marathon on a bored saturday afternoon. I was pretty innocent, I didnt even know how human legos work. Where did it come from? And I would not go into details how 100 episodes of Naruto defrauded me and I had all kinds of things with almost every character for weeks. I almost took my brains out and soaked my grey matter in bleach.

Btw, most of my male friends (between 20-30) told me that when they had their first wet dream, they dreamt about Gadget from Rescue Rangers. Disney is defrauding!

I am very tempted to go on deviantArt and browse duggar fanarts.

ETA - Ew. I found one - 'Nineteen cults and counting'. I stop browsing and I need brain bleech.

• Coconut Flan pinned this topic