IGNORED

Fundie/Duggar Dreams MERGED

emeraldskull

I had a dream that the Duggars opened up a mini grocery store in my grad school's town. I went to pick up some food before class and was snarking on the Duggars with a friend while in the check-out line. We get to the front of the line, and I whisper to my friend that the guy Jessa is courting (now engaged to) is a dumbass. I then look and see Joy right in front of me behind the cash register, and she doesn't look amused. Clearly she heard me. And I'm like, "Uh, I mean he's er, young and immature. And I'm old." Then she smiles and goes on to tell me stories about Ben doing stupid things.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the most epic fundie dream ever.

The dream was about a young fundie woman who had been set up in a courtship to a man she didn't know, and was due to marry him in a few days, but she didn't want to get married, she wanted to go to college and then have a career. She wanted to call off the wedding, but the only way for her to do that was for her and her sisters (who looked like the Jslaves but nothing else about the dream suggested Duggar, the rest of their family was completely different, and they weren't ATI, cause they were polygamists) to go on an epic quest in another dimension and complete three tasks to win their freedom. This other dimension was half places I knew in real life, half cartoon, with a red sky and all other characters were purple cartoon people. One of the tasks involved a whole pile of strawberries, like a massive pile of them all over what appeared to be the steps in my old school, and they had to eat them all to win.

It was awesome! The fundie girls were so cool too, kicking ass in frumpers in this weird alien world.

Hi everyone! Lurking for a while but posting for the first time...

Anyway, I de-lurked to post my weird Duggar dream.

I dreamed that Josh was having a huge fight with Jim Bob and Michelle over whether or not Jana should be allowed more freedom. Smugs was, surprisingly, advocating for his sister to be treated like an adult. The weird part? He kept saying "If Jana wants to play basketball, you should let her!" Weird, I know.

Anyway... JB and M weren't hearing any of it, so then Anna shows up and starts yelling at them too. The dream ended with Anna telling them all that she was going to take Jana to buy a pair of overalls and then she and Josh were going to buy her a boat.

(I really shouldn't eat pizza so close to bedtime... :? )

Hi everyone! Lurking for a while but posting for the first time...

Anyway, I de-lurked to post my weird Duggar dream.

I dreamed that Josh was having a huge fight with Jim Bob and Michelle over whether or not Jana should be allowed more freedom. Smugs was, surprisingly, advocating for his sister to be treated like an adult. The weird part? He kept saying "If Jana wants to play basketball, you should let her!" Weird, I know.

Anyway... JB and M weren't hearing any of it, so then Anna shows up and starts yelling at them too. The dream ended with Anna telling them all that she was going to take Jana to buy a pair of overalls and then she and Josh were going to buy her a boat.

(I really shouldn't eat pizza so close to bedtime... :? )

:wink-kitty: Love it! Welcome! You can eat pizza anytime you like and as long as it's not Duggar style "poor mans pizzas" hehe

I had this dream last night that wasn't a fundie dream at first but for some reasons, some Duggars got in there.

At the beginning of the dream, I'm suppose to be a bridesmaid for this girl I don't know about. Strangely, my aunt is organizing the wedding, and it takes place at her house. I'm looking around the house for my bridesmaid dress but can't find it. It turns out the wedding is for a girl I was friends with in elementary school (elementary school!? How come my subconscious remembers that?). I finally put the dress on and I come outside for the wedding pictures, it turns out the other bridesmaids are: Duggar girls! If I remember correctly, Jessa, Jana and Amy were there. Then in my dream, I start to think about why they are here. Maybe this old friend of mine turned fundie? Maybe she became very religious? The Duggars have other friends? Maybe she knows Amy? Oh my goodness, I'm a bridesmaids with the Duggars!!!

Then because it's a dream and it's not logical at all, the backyard transforms into the front of a Cathedral. Then I wonder how can the Duggars be present at a Catholic wedding? I ends when we take the wedding pictures and I wake up. So strange. :shock:

• 4 weeks later...

So, it seems like I'm having a lot of Duggar dreams. Last post was me, now it's me again. I had two Duggar dreams within the span of one week! :o I tried to remember the most out of each dream but it's all a bit blurry in my mind.

The first dream involved Derick and his brother. In the dream I was selling some old toys and some old furniture and for some reason, Derick and his brother came over to look at some of the stuff. Then I saw my sister talking to Derick's brother and I asked her if she knew him. Apparently, in the dream, my sister indeed knew Derick's brother. I was very excited to see such a small degree of separation between me and Jill. And then in the dream, I tried to sell Derick some more ''feminine'' toys (like a little kitchenette) for his boy. Yay! Fighting gender roles even in my dreams! ;) For the rest, I don't remember much.

As for the second dream, it was the eve of Jessa's wedding, and if I recall correctly, Jana, Jill, Jinger, Joy, Hannie and Jackson were there. In the dream, I seemed to know the Duggar girls well. For some unknown reason, it seemed like Jessa hadn't decided on a wedding dress just yet and she was trying on two or three different ones. Jessa looked very frustrated and mad because she liked none of the dresses. Then Jinger found a package that was sent to her from Kini (for those who watch Project Runway!) with a dress he had made for Jessa. She tried it on and whilst it respected their modesty standard, Jessa didn't like it. At that point, people started to be mad at Jessa and asked her to make a decision because it was getting late. I remember Jinger saying that Jessa could never make up her mind or something like that. Then she finally chose a strange purple dress (which everyone was fine with, to my surprise!). Then Jill gave Jessa her wedding veil so she could wear it the next day. I asked Jessa why she didn't buy herself her own veil and her answer was something like: ''Might as well use Jill's, instead of buying a new one''. I remember feeling so sad for her. Then it was time to pack up and go home. As I was leaving, Jana asked me if I wanted to come sleepover in the girl's bedroom! To which... apparently, I said yes! Then I must have woken up, or I don't remember the rest.

:think: I don't understand what these dreams mean. Probably nothing. :-P

Yay!! a place where people actually want to hear a stupid, pointless Duggar dream. I actually had this dream a week or so ago. Enjoy! lol

The last thing I did before going to sleep last night was read about sad Jana on FJ. I woke up feeling sad, having just had a very vivid dream about her. I dreamt I was at the TTH and everyone was all aflutter because Jana was courting and would be bringing her suitor to the house for the first time. I was as excited as everyone else, all 100 of them, until he walked in and I saw it was.....my ex-boyfriend Michael. He's the one that I loved and adored and hoped to be with forever, but we just couldn't make it work, no matter how hard we tried. I can still feel that sharp pang of heartache when I think about him and I probably always will. And I know he'd say the same about me.

So anyway, in walks a smiling Jana with my handsome, wonderful ex-boyfriend and my heart sinks. Our eyes meet and I know he's struggling internally, too. I feel panicky, jealous and heartsick and impulsively want to tell someone - probably Jessa - "WAIT! That's my ex-boyfriend! I want him back!!" But I swallow it and keep it in til I'm about to implode, and I see Jana's face again. She's quietly beaming and so poised. She would be so good for Michael. ...And he would take such good care of her. So I decide right then, I will never, ever say a word.... I woke up feeling panicked and sad, and resigned.

And I would totally do that. I would totally let Jana have my favorite ex-boyfriend!!

As I've been spending most nights reading this sight before bed, the amount of Duggar related dreams I've been having has increased.

I think the scariest one happened a few nights ago.

In my dream, I had to stay with the Duggars for a few days in order to complete my dissertation or something. I clearly remember walking in and Michelle was grinning at me in such a way that I felt as if I was in a horror movie. All of the children were in a row(minus JD and Joesph as they were out working somewhere) and I walked down the line to say hello to each of them.

I gave the lost girls a tad bit of attention, I complimented them on something that I can't for the life of me remember, and they absolutely lit up. For the rest of the week I was there, they constantly wanted to be around me simply because I gave them attention they craved.

The time I was there, I was treated as if I was one of the elder daughters. I worked all day with the children and keeping the house in check and there were countless times I wanted to snap for the amount of pressure I was under, but I forced myself to 'keep sweet'.

I grew close with Jinger and Joe. Joe confided in me that he didn't want to be in the fundie life and he had long since stopped believing in much of anything. Jinger clung to me, wanting to hear anything and everything I could tell her about the outside world and life in the big apple.

On my last day, I was in a room with Jinger and I was saying I wished I'd have a few more days to observe. She grabbed my arm and it almost burned. I hardly ever feel in my dreams, normally I can just see and hear, so that in itself was terrifying. She looked at me and started crying saying, "You need to get out. They'll make you stay forever if you don't get out. Run as far away as you can and never look back."

Joe saw me before I went to leave and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and a front hug. He told me to keep a place open for him for when he's ready to run.

As I went to leave, Dim Bulb and J'chelle practically cornered me, asking me if I'd found the correct path of life. They were telling me all about Gothard and how I could save my soul.

I woke up just as I opened the door to a brick wall.

Honestly it was one of the most terrifying dreams I'd ever had.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a dream I was Anna last night, and was all ready to go and have the 'chat' with Smuggar about using BC. :banana-dance:

But then I saw the preview for tonight's episode, maybe too wishful thinking :roll: #M4

First of all, "Jill'sFlowerHeadband" is a fantastic user name. I hate that flower she wears! It needs it's own twitter.

I have a mediation brief due today and it was the last thing I was working on last night. So, of course I dreamt about it and the two feuding sides were Zsu and Teresa Guidice from the Real Housewives of NJ. I don't remember a lot past that. Second dream I was shopping in Kmart and I saw a display of Moody books, at which point I longingly told my dad I wanted them and he bought them for me. Happy happy!

I had a dream the other night that Jessa and Jill were heroin addicts....with mouth herpes. I was trying to get them into my detox and make Michelle STFU. So weird.

I had a seriously weird dream the other night. Would have posted it sooner if it wasn't for Uni work.

Also for the record I've been practicing lucid dreaming for a few years now, for sleep therapy. It sometimes means that my dreams become hyper vivid and I'm aware it's a dream, but still can't exercise full control. This was one of those. Sorry it's long, but it was so super detailed, it felt like a legit meeting!

I was with my family at a community park BBQ (it was nowhere I'd ever been before but felt like somewhere in US). I'm walking over to this low brick wall where people are sat eating, and I realise I'm sat next to Justin and Jordyn. I cannot believe they're here and start writing in my journal, but play it cool, and look about for Boob and Michelle - miles away still queuing for food.

Justin is curious and keeps watching me write. I smile and we get talking, basic pleasantries. He and Jordyn are cautiously invested, but soon open up once I get them laughing. I'm careful to not make it clear I'm not a fundie - I'm luckily wearing a modest cut summer dress so I at least look the part. Jenny and Joy come over to listen in. They watch us talk, but then join the circle once I ask why they're in town. Joy says its because they've been at a rally and stopped by because some friends lived near. As we chat, Joe and Josiah come over. Joe's got a nice shirt and waistcoat on, as does Siah, but he's wearing a baseball cap which he keeps pulling down. (Hairline angst I guess)

The conversation stays very pleasant although I can tell Joy's questions are trying to fish - she's a smart lass, and won't warm up completely until she's got me sussed.

'Are you here with family? You're scottish, no way, you barely have an accent!' e.t.c. I play it cool in response, like I know their family fame but don't leghump them. Siah seems to appreciate that, and actually asks me a lot of questions, moving to sit by me. Jordyn's on my other side, pulling at my sleeve to come with her and Josie to the swings.

Siah can see I'm conflicted as we're having a conversation, and offers to come with me. I invite Joy along, definitely the right response as she lights up and even gives us a little room to chat as we push Jordyn and Josie on the swings.

I become acutely aware of Michelle and Boob staring at us as they walk past with their plates. Siah straightens as they approach, and introduces me. Michelle gushes hello and Jim Bob asks some direct questions, 'We haven't seen you in town before, are you here for the talk?' He's trying to figure out if I'm worthy of talking to Josiah. I tell him the truth, I was in town for the talk, but I'm a part-time writer(yay dream me has a job) for a magazine but ended up missing the talk as my plane was delayed.

Boob and Michelle say they can get me into the event and drag us over to the doors. The talk was held in a big auditorium place and there's a TONNE of fundies and Evangelicals, including Ray Comfort. Jim Bob points out some peeps from ALERT and throws in that Josiah goes. Siah seems nervous but puffs up a bit when he salutes (wtf) the guys at the table. Jim Bob then ruins it by swiping the cap off his head. Siah instantly grabs for it and smooths his hair down. I pretend I didn't see and purposely don't stare - His hair isn't bad as he's grown it out a bit more, but you can definitely see the receding hairline. I feel like this sort of harassment is commonplace as Boob ad Michelle laugh it off.

After making a few notes that I need, I say that's all I could do as I'd missed my chance to interview the speakers, and then Josiah says his family were speakers. Boob offers that I come back to theirs and we do the interview tomorrow. He's still trying to figure me out.

I'm put up in the Deerhead room :D and it's freezing in there despite it being summer. I'm woken in the night by a knock on my door. I know it's Siah but still ask and he comes in. He's in sweats and an ALERT shirt. I'm suddenly scared we're gonna get caught.

He seems jittery and starts with this speech about how he's so lost right now and felt like we were meant to meet today and that he'd like to get to know me and will ask if I can stay longer, but only if I would like.

I'm scared of staying and being discovered and also for leading him on. I say this isn't how I am, I'm a few years older than him and educated. I'm not a part of his fundy life and feel conflicted about religion. He says he knows, and kisses me.

AND THAT'S WHEN MICHELLE'S SILHOUETTE APPEARS IN THE DOORWAY.

I feel hella weirded out by this dream, but feel so, so sorry for Josiah.

• 1 month later...

So in what must be one of my most boring dreams of all time, I dreamed that Alyssa Bates Webster and I went shopping for paper towels for the Webster family's warehouse cleaning business. :lol:

I had the weirdest dream last night I dreamt that Jessa (like younger, crunchy curled Jessa) ran away from home, but felt guilty and came back. Then JB threatened her so she ran away again and he chased her, and I was helping her hide in my neighborhood.

It was creepy.

I had a dream last night that I somehow managed to become pregnant and then have an abortion. Shortly after leaving the abortion clinic, I ran into Michelle Duggar and Jana and Jill. Jill and Michelle looked shocked at me coming out of the abortion clinic, but Jana told me she thought I was brave. She looked at me really sadly as Michelle got right up in my face to yell at me about how I was going to hell for murdering my child.

Before the dream switched to something else I remember I said “You’re just jealous because I had the choice to have an empty uterus.â€

I woke up laughing about it.

I had a dream that Michelle liked my tattoo and wanted a copy so she drew it on with a sharpie. Ironic part it is a tramp stamp that I got a 17.

I dreamed I was a guest at a huge Duggar family gathering in the future (like maybe Jinger's wedding?) I was given the job of following Josie around to make sure she blew her nose and didn't have snot running down her face.

I dreamed that Joseph Maxwell was secretly a really nice Beta guy and that his wife was the one who really runs their household.

Of course, I also dreamed that Kris Kardashian Jenner had a secret life as a baroque chamber musician - so the two seem about equally likely.

So I had my first Duggar dream and it was a doozie. :shock: I became pregnant and I know I can't have another baby as it's almost guaranteed to kill me. I know I have no choice but abortion. I get to the clinic and I am taken to a room with a man in scrubs, Michelle, Jill, Jessa, and Joy. I keep telling them I am sorry but I have to live for the 4 kids I have. They keep smiling these really creepy smiles saying things like it's alright, god's will be done, things like that. Michelle is sitting by the bed rubbing my head. I am not given any medication and the doctor started gently touching my stomach. Then he stood up and said you are done. I was saying no, you didn't do anything. I am still pregnant and I am going to die. He said it's alright, I did my best. If the baby is still there it's god's will and nothing can change that. They led me out of the clinic, Michelle holding my hand and the girls singing (I don't know why I can't remember what) and I am screaming now nooooo I will die. Please help me. Then Jim Bob comes up and puts his hands on my shoulders and says today you were blessed. I fell to the ground sobbing and that's when I woke.

Yikes! I don't want another Duggar dream ever!

• 2 weeks later...

I dreamed that my roommate and I went to his family's cabin for a weekend with both cats, and realized when we got there that the unmarried adult Duggar/Bates sons were in the next cabin. Mostly being asshats. The oldest present kept trying to hit on me and Josiah kept hanging around, trying to get my roommate to let him stay at the cabin (since roommate's a guy and it's his family's cabin...).

And the cats were NOT interested in most of the Duggar/Bates guys, but when it was just Josiah my kitten was okay with the attention. Roommate's cat kept hiding behind me and puffing up at most of the guys.

A few days ago I woke up to just one tiny bit of a dream going through my head. A voice saying that Sarah Maxwell is going to have to learn pretty much everything when she finally gets out of there because at this point she can barely even function as a fundie without her schedule and her dad telling her what to do.

No more FJ before bed. Okay, still FJ before bed. I cant promise that.

This is my first Duggar dream. I can't really remember too much but what I do remember made me laugh. So the Duggars came over to stay(unexpectedly) Mind you I live in an average size house but in my dream it was mega sized to conviently fit them. Jill was heavily pregnant and Derrick was super nice. Jessa then came in with Ben and she was looking a little pissed off. Jana whispered to me that Jessa was upset about not being pregnant yet and how Jill was rubbing it in her face. I felt bad for her but then Jessa did something that I can not remember to piss me off so all sympathy went out the window. Soon it was night time and we had to figure out the sleeping situation Jill and Derrick of course had their own room but the J'chelle suggested that Jessa also sleep in their room just incase Jill had her baby in the middle of the night :pink-shock: She asked where Ben was going to sleep and J'chelle said in my room. At first I was pissed but then decided to play it up because Jessa had pissed me off earlier. Right before we all went off to our room Jessa said to Ben don't show her what's on your cellphone? So we get back to my room and I'm like what's on your cellphone(which looked liked a texas instrument calculator by the way) and after some coaxing I'm about to get him to show me he has a secret yahoo email account that Jim bob and J'chelle don't know about. I asked him why he had to keep it secret and he opens an email to show it's full of naked women :? I'm like okay we should just go to bed now. That's when I realize there is only one bed and he says that he won't try anything. I sarcastically ask him why? Am I not beautiful enough? Ben doesn't grasp the concept of sarcasm and starts apologizing, then flirting then he kisses me :naughty: I tell him Jessa is going to be pissed and he tells me that she doesn't have to know. Then it's the next morning and Jessa basically busts into the room and drags ben out and tells him it's time to go. She is giving me a death stare and Ben says he'll text me. He and Jessa drive off into the sunset. He left his phone back in my room and I'm trying to break into it to find out Duggar secrets. Then I wake up

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had a dream about the Maxwells. Somehow, I think I was an extra undiscovered Maxwell child in the dream. Anyway, we were all sitting around a conference table looking at a PowerPoint about an upcoming conference. Elissa and Joseph started to sing. Suddenly Steve threw a bunch of coins on the ground (including a Susan B. Anthony dollar) to see if anyone would scrabble to pick them up. I was a bad Maxwell child because I was the only one who did.

Oh, and in this version of Maxwell reality, the chidults really did keep on living at home (must have been a different house than they currently have). Joseph and Elissa just went upstairs to "their room" after the meeting was over. :lol:

• Coconut Flan pinned this topic