IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 6: With the Gyrating Flesh

Coconut Flan

I genuinely don't experience schadenfreude over Beall's current public humiliation, but I can't muster any sympathy, either.

She wasn't the product of an overwhelmed quiverfull household, the School of the Dining Room Table, and cult-like brainwashing from birth. She was raised (IIRC) in a non-fundamentalist, financially well-off family. When she hitched her wagon to Doug's, she was young, college educated, white, cis, middle class, and conventionally attractive. She had options people in other positions couldn't dream of, and made the choice to dive into a well of patriarchal, dominionist bullshit. If she's drowning in it now, so be it.

She absolutely does not "deserve" to be cheated on (no one does), but she was an active participant in building the structure that allowed Doug to prey on someone like Lourdes (and, I suspect, others as well, since predators in Doug's vein almost never strike only once). She was fine with vile ideology as long as she was on the top of the food chain, because the rules, as many here have pointed out time and again, didn't apply to HER. I wasn't a fan of the Hulu adaptation of The Handmaid's Tale, but they NAILED their take on Serena Joy's back story, and it's personified by women like Beall.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I swear, this entire situation is like the fundie equivalent of Arrested Development, what with all the frantic efforts to keep up appearances while everything crashes and burns. 

7 minutes ago, JesusCampSongs said:

I swear, this entire situation is like the fundie equivalent of Arrested Development, what with all the frantic efforts to keep up appearances while everything crashes and burns. 

And it's way less funny. Although I might snicker if Doug lost a hand to a seal and used a hook from now on. 

On 10/10/2017 at 7:36 AM, Anonymousguest said:

I would guess no. The tools company looks like a small production company. The one reviewed here looks like a marketing or sales for direct TV. 

Ironic if Momentum Media's first big splash would be a lawsuit from Momentum Media over trademark infringement...I know DPIAT is a legal professional, but somebody didn't do his homework.  I think Cinema of Wonder would be a great name for a business, although "CoW" wouldn't work very well. 

Starting to wonder if DPIAT has a sugar mama. 

On 10/11/2017 at 9:29 AM, JesusCampSongs said:

Can this actually happen please? I would watch the hell out of that.

First thing Be-All and the older girls need to do is get off the Cheatball Express.  Life is not a series of super fun cos-play fake 1940s adventures, especially if you supposedly have no money.  What are these young women going to do when the last of the WWII vets dies -- start up with the Korean War and Vietnam ones?

Be-all if you want to start a new page and an Act 2 then dump everything from the Dougie/VF days -- and I mean everything.  Get a job, send your children to public school, sell the cos play clothes to a vintage shop. Stop advocating and living the patriarchy and SAHD nonsense.  Tell your children, at the least the ones old enough, the truth about Dougie -- what he did during VF, what he's doing now, where he is, and why he isn't coming back.

I will forever believe Be-all was aware of/ complicit in everything Dougie did during VF.  She and the children directly benefittedfrom being VF royalty.  I will also always believe she knows where all the missing money is and how much. If she were as busted broke as she pretends, they couldn't be doing any of the things we see on IG.  I think Be-all is grifting just like Dougie did in the good ol' VF days. She's just not as good at it as he was.

New IG post from Be-All (bolding mine):

Was your IG feed exploding this morning with fabulous photos of multi generational friendships, committed to strengthening each other? I am encouraged to see the #bridgingthegaplaunch and the intentional effort to link the generations. It's how it was always supposed to be. We need each other. We learn from each other. We support each other. It's why my husband and I have home educated our children. . . so they will grow up with and learn from ALL ages and generations. It's why we travel thousands of miles in the car. . . so that my @operationmeatball girls can stay connected with their octogenarian and nonegenarian friends. Peers are important, but not exclusively. 

Code for "Put that in your pipe and smoke it, FJ!!"???

https://www.instagram.com/myfirstyearat50/?hl=en

Hey Beall: you don't have to travel thousands of miles around the country to let your children connect with people in their 80s and 90s. There are nursing homes all over your state that are filled with people in their 80s and 90s that your girls can be friends with. 

I really hate the smug ass fundies who constantly harp on what homeschool provides for their children that they could never get by going to public school. Because everything they list can almost always be done by public school kids as well. They just constantly want to convince themselves and others that they are doing the right thing. Even when their husband is galavanting around Europe with half naked women. 

1 hour ago, Marian the Librarian said:

It's why my husband and I have home educated our children. . . so they will grow up with and learn from ALL ages and generations. It's why we travel thousands of miles in the car. . . so that my @operationmeatball girls can stay connected with their octogenarian and nonegenarian friends. Peers are important, but not exclusively. 

Gosh, the kids meatballers could get to know older people if they had a relationship with, for example, BEALL'S PARENTS.  And, uh, Beall?  Being educated in public school does't preclude being exposed to various kinds of people of different ages.  

My public-school educated kids interact with people from all generations.

But just as important: they interact with plenty of people of different religions, income levels, ethnicities, and cultures. Because that matters - and it's unlikely that the patriarchal homeschooling crowd mingles with anyone not just like them.

I've often heard homeschoolers complain about public school kids only being exposed to children their exact age all the time. But it's a stupid thought. Growing up, I went to public school but was constantly exposed to children and adults of all ages. Yes during class time I was in a group of same age peers. But at recess I was around lots of other ages. And after school I played with kids in my neighborhood that were all different ages. I also have cousins that are all different ages. In high school, classes were even more mixed. It was very common to have class with kids in other grades. Actually I rarely had a class that was strictly one single grade only. It was mostly just English class that was my grade only. And lets not forget extra circulars and sports. That was all mixed too. 

Fundies are the ones that seem to mix less with people of varying ages. Considering how many homeschooling fundies rarely meet other families they are willing to socialize with. Their social circles are WAY less varied than any public school kid. 

If Beall had a job-type job, she wouldn't be able to gad about the US taking the meatballers to visiting elderly vets. Working a job-type job isn't nearly as fun as a road trip, but being financially independent is priceless. 

14 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

What are these young women going to do when the last of the WWII vets dies -- start up with the Korean War and Vietnam ones?

Looks like they're moving on to the Korean Conflict, judging from at least one of the photos.

11 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Code for "Put that in your pipe and smoke it, FJ!!"???

Maybe - also sounds like circumlocution when you consider the tense here: "It's why my husband and I have home educated our children." Not quite past imperfect but not present tense either.

In any case, it doesn't look like Doug is doing any home education now or in recent months.

8 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

"It's why my husband and I have home educated our children."

But she also clarifies her status as a (still) married woman -- wife to a patriarch. 

How many kids are still home-school age?  Three?  With multiple sister moms in the house, it can't be that burdensome for Beall, although I never got the vibe that the daughters were pressed into service in the scullery or the laundry during the VF heyday.  Of course, when growing up, there was a (ahem!) nanny to help with the littles and probably help with house cleaning as well. 

DPIARBT/Philanderer Douglas has scrubbed almost all of his "Phil Douglas" page too. At least the thing about the amazing Asian woman. 

They are annoying to no end with their double talk and hide and seek and posturing. I get the distinct impression Justice is having little to none of this. 

COMPLETELY agree with the earlier above comment about getting to know Beall's parents who definitely are octogenarians now. Wondering if they were even notified of the wedding. But then we still don't know if Spanky was there/invited. 

Korean vets will get tricky because I think Beall's father might have been in the army during it but not sure if we was deployed  

If he was there, I bet it was in a sharp suit and not a damn kilt.  Crickets re: the wedding on his and Lisa's fb.  It would be very sad if the two youngest boys were left out of the ceremony -- it was their sister getting married, after all. 

Do we know the Stevens family? Kyle Stevens' plane went down in Alaska, and though he is presumed dead, his body has not been found. Posting it here because VF-er's like his good friend Jordan Niednagel and Lauren Zimmerman are talking about it on Facebook, calling him a "missionary." Very sad; he had a wife and kids. 

http://kdlg.org/post/russian-mission-pilot-still-missing-monday-crash-yukon-river#stream/0

1 hour ago, DomWackTroll said:

Do we know the Stevens family? Kyle Stevens' plane went down in Alaska, and though he is presumed dead, his body has not been found. Posting it here because VF-er's like his good friend Jordan Niednagel and Lauren Zimmerman are talking about it on Facebook, calling him a "missionary." Very sad; he had a wife and kids. 

http://kdlg.org/post/russian-mission-pilot-still-missing-monday-crash-yukon-river#stream/0

The article lists brother-in-law James Buckingham . He's a Buck/Hale Papa Pilgrim offspring, right?

Yeah, that's Kyle from the "alotofstevens" blog (now defunct, I think?). His sisters (Rachel and Rebecca) married into the Hale/Buckingham families.

7 minutes ago, AnnaSofia said:

His sisters (Rachel and Rebecca) married into the Hale/Buckingham families.

I'm not familiar with the Stevens family but assume he married into the Hale/Buckingham family too.  The crowdsource link states that his wife is called Ella. They have two daughters, aged 2 and 7 months.   How very sad.

This IS sad.  Being a bush pilot in Alaska is a very, very dangerous occupation. I wonder if he had a float plane and was trying to land on the water.  

Back to Beall and the meatballers:  My city is home to Richard Overton -- at 111, America's oldest living veteran of WWII.  The update to his home of 70  years by the Home Depot Foundation and Meals for Wheels home repair program was covered in today's paper.   He likes to smoke a few cigars every day (but he doesn't inhale) and drinks a little whiskey.  Bet they've never visited him. 

And Beall, when kids are in public school, which are integrated, they get to interact with people from an amazing variety of ethnic and racial backgrounds.  Just sayin'. 

39 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I'm not familiar with the Stevens family but assume he married into the Hale/Buckingham family too.  The crowdsource link states that his wife is called Ella. They have two daughters, aged 2 and 7 months.   How very sad.

IIRC, Rachel is married to James Buckingham, and Rebecca is married to Moses Hale. Both weddings are on Christopher Maxwell's photography site, we snarked pretty hard on the bridesmaid prairie dresses (if they're the same couple I'm thinking of).

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived