IGNORED

Sarah Huckabee Sanders Version of Covfefe

fraurosena

Even though this wasn't for easter it makes me miss this two:

Spoiler

image.png.7ad03d540c8772b7c441f5533ee79ebc.png

She is just SOO painful to watch!! Like she's doing her press conference but infront of children. It's so sad.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

The very hungry caterpillar, by Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

Yes, the egg was on a leaf and there was a moon. I don't know why you're asking me about why the president has said it was an extremely large egg. The numbers speak for themselves.

And pop, out of the egg came a hungry caterpillar. The president has said there was no problem with its size.

He started to look for some food which demonstrates the terrible state Obama left the economy in.

On Monday he ate through an apple. Are you really asking me if he was still hungry?

On Tuesday he ate through two strawberries. I have not asked the president if he was still hungry.

On Wednesday he ate through three Happy Meals. I believe I have answered that question already.

Thursday he ate through four Fillet O Fish. The president has already addressed the hunger question very clearly so we are not going to waste any time relitigating that question.

On Friday he ate through five healthy salads, and the American people are not interested in hearing if he was still hungry, they care about jobs and border security.

On Saturday he ate through six six course dinners at Mar-a-Lago and it's outrageous you're asking me if he was still hungry,

On Sunday, he built a cocoon but the fake news media is not interested in publishing all the good things we're doing about infrastructure.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 11
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Erma Gerd!  Some Huckabee Sanders/Bolton erotic fan fic tweets, 50 Shades of Cray, on @TheRickWilson twitter feed via Molly Jong-Fast.  Really, stuff like this gives me hope we'll survive anything as long as humor is intact.  Some tweets by various folks building on the theme:  

She wondered where their passions would erupt? Would it be in the Situation Room? At the Press Room podium? In the Oval itself? Bolton knew. He had always known. He led her to the empty State Dining Room and whispered, "Now we dance the forbidden dance...the lambada."

But then, sensing something was wrong, he drew away and implored, "Show me your paso doble!"

"Caress my moustache," Bolton demanded, in a way that revealed both a masculine certainty and a gentle love. He knew that once she did this, there was no turning back. Sarah froze for a moment, truthful lascivious  lust burning inside but her brain caught in yet another lie.

Trembling, she dared to gaze directly into his eyes but all she could see was the blinding white mustache.

After dancing, and glistening with sweat, Bolton rips off the moustache, a fake after all. On his top lip are perfectly tattooed diagrams from the Kama Sutra. He whispers, "Choose one" as he begins to slip off his wing tips.

Screenshot 2018-04-16 at 7.52.13 AM.png

Edited by Howl
  • Disgust 2
  • Haha 9

5 minutes ago, Howl said:

She wondered where their passions would erupt?

Wonderful photograph -- catching her at exactly this super-heated moment in time.  I note the symbolism of the pen.

:GPn0zNK:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, CTRLZero said:

I note the symbolism of the pen.

:GPn0zNK:

Heh!   Another tweet captioned this photo, "Sadly, he's looking for his pen". 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Politico published a good, albeit lengthy, article about Ms. Slanders: "The Puzzle of Sarah Huckabee Sanders: How a bright, competent and likable young operative became the face of the most duplicitous press operation in White House history.". It's too long to quote, but here are a couple of good parts:

“You cannot do this job in an environment in which you are belligerent and saying you’re at war with these people every day,” McCurry told her.

“I don’t think I’ve ever said anything similar to that,” Sanders replied.

McCurry kept going: Her boss’ war on the media was threatening the glue that holds our democracy together.

Finally, Sanders had had enough. “We have not declared war on the press,” she said. She smiled at the apparent ridiculousness of the idea, and even let out a chuckle.

A murmur spread throughout the small crowd. The event was sponsored by the White House Correspondents’ Association and filled with reporters who had been living through that very war. Her boss had called them the “enemy of the American people” and used Twitter to attack individual journalists by name. For more than a year, he had waged a campaign against the news media more openly hostile than any president in history. And Sanders had been his point person. From her podium, she had promoted the “fake news awards,” accused reporters of “purposefully misleading the American people” and, just a week earlier, claimed that the media was endangering national security by reporting leaked information. Here, in one moment, she hadn’t just dismissed McCurry’s accusation, but conjured an entire alternate reality.

Most press secretaries have served as hype men for their bosses, arguing a case that, as one former press secretary put it, ideally builds from briefing to briefing, week to week, and year to year. That is not what Sanders does. This administration doesn’t build cases over time; it just tries to survive the day. Amid a constant drumbeat of surprise and scandal, she is there to beat back the press and squelch its enthusiasm.

And she is very, very good at it. Sanders possesses a unique talent that, heretofore, has not quite been considered a talent: She can deaden a room. You almost have to be in the White House briefing room, a claustrophobic space packed tight with reporters and photographers, to appreciate her art. When the bright lights are on and the cameras are snapping and everyone is yelling, “Sarah! Sarah!” with their hands in the air, a palpable electricity flows through it. The moment Sanders unleashes her trademark monotone, the energy drains.

Trump is, of course, obsessed with television, and he manages no part of the government as obsessively as he manages his own image on the screen. The anxious, combative performances of his first press secretary, Sean Spicer, tended to raise Trump’s own anxiety levels. But Sanders is different, and she matters right now more than you might think a press secretary could. The way several current and former officials put it: Sanders keeps the president from flipping out every day.

“It’s crucial,” one former administration official says. “Vitally important,” another former official says, adding, “I don’t think she’s replaceable. I don’t think there’s another one out there like her.”

And her role is growing. After communications director and Trump confidante Hope Hicks announced in February that she would be leaving the White House, Sanders was asked to add the communications job to her current duties, according to a White House official and another source familiar with the situation. Sanders stayed put, but she is expected to step into Hicks’ shoes in another sense, taking on some portion of her role advising and supporting a volatile president.

Two days after the emergence of the famed “Access Hollywood” tape in which Trump boasted of grabbing women's genitals, it was Sanders who went on CNN with Jake Tapper to vouch for her candidate. She condemned Trump’s words but said the Christian thing to do would be to accept his apology. “Both of these candidates are flawed,” she told Tapper. “There is no perfect person.” When Tapper pressed her on whether Trump would apologize to any women he had, in fact, grabbed, Sanders executed a perfect Trump campaign parry: “Has Hillary Clinton apologized to the four American lives that were lost in Benghazi?”

In Trumpworld, “Billy Bush weekend” was seen as a dividing line: If you were in, you were really in, and if you were out, it would be impossible to ever truly recover with Trump. Sanders was in.

Sanders has developed a number of signature moves at the podium. She’ll call a question “inappropriate,” or deflect with a joke, sometimes about her kids. She’ll say she doesn’t know an answer and needs to find out, or that she simply hasn’t had the occasion to speak with the president on the matter. Often, she’ll start a briefing late so that it runs short, or bring in another official to kill time. But reporters grow most infuriated when she flatly backs up the president when everyone in the room knows he’s wrong. Behold this exchange from October 10 between Trey Yingst, a reporter for the conservative-friendly One America News, and Sanders:

YINGST: The president repeated this claim in the Oval Office today, saying we’re the highest-taxed nation in the world. Why does the president keep saying this? It’s not true, overall.

SANDERS: We are the highest-taxed—corporate tax in the developed economy. That’s a fact.

YINGST: But that’s not what the president said.

SANDERS: That’s what he’s talking about. We are the highest corporate-taxed country in the developed economies across the globe.

YINGST: Sarah, so that’s accurate, but the president keeps repeating this claim that we’re the highest-taxed nation in the world.

SANDERS: We are the highest-taxed corporate nation.

YINGST: But that’s not what he said. He said we’re the highest-taxed nation in the world.

SANDERS: The highest-taxed corporate nation. It seems pretty consistent to me. Sorry, we’re just going to have to agree to disagree.

Some reporters will outright call Sanders a liar. Others are more reluctant to break out the L-word but still become frustrated at the way she regularly obfuscates and bends the truth. Whereas Spicer was known for big blowups, reporters say that with Sanders it feels more like a million small things. “There’s almost sometimes an exhaustion writing the stories of the daily briefing because the number of things she says that are patently false are too many to let your story be weighed down with them,” one White House reporter says.

How long will Sanders last? Rutledge, the Arkansas attorney general and former Huckabee campaign lawyer, says there’s “always speculation back home in Arkansas whether she would come back and run.” But Bryan Sanders says his wife has no plans to go anywhere anytime soon. “Some days are better than others,” he says, but “she loves her job.”

Outwardly, Sanders has shown only the smallest signs of cracks—the extra “as far as I know” here or “to the best of my knowledge” there. She has remained loyal. “She goes into the White House every day, and she’s focused on the day ahead, doing her job to the very best of her abilities every day. She’s not thinking about what’s next,” her husband says. “I think it’s something that her dad’s always taught her.”

Warning: there is a picture of Mike Fuckabee in shorts in the article. Take anti-nausea medication, if necessary.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

I try (not always successfully, alas) not to comment on people's appearances, as I find that you should rather look at one's actions. I don't think it's fair to comment on looks, as you can't always help how what you look like -- and how one dresses often leads to BEC and in my opinion distracts from the real issues.

That said, this made me go :pb_eek:

She's only 35? Sweet Rufus, she does not look well. At all. Corruption of the soul does that to you, I suppose.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

@fraurosena I agree, I also try not to concentrate on appearance, especially on the things that cannot be changed.

The part of Sanders' appearance, so to speak, that gets to me is her facial expression. I read somewhere that someone said she is an example of why your mom always told you, "Your face will freeze like that."

Her appearance is not helped by her makeup and clothing style. Especially clothing.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

38 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

She's only 35? Sweet Rufus, she does not look well. At all. Corruption of the soul does that to you, I suppose.

Beyonce is one year older than her.

This seems to be a Trump administration phenomenon. Kellyanne Conway is only 51 and Stephen Miller is ONLY 32!

I do find the differences in how people age fascinating. It seems like everyone who is 25 looks generally 25. But getting into the thirties and forties, people can range so much in appearance.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

I really thought she was mid-40's. Stephen Miller can't be 32!

My favorite mind blowing age fact is that both Fred Durst and Gwen Stefani are older than Ted Cruz. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 2
  • Love 1

I imagine that being in the current or any White House is almost , by necessity like being in an echo chamber. You would have to be passionate about what you want the administration to accomplish and so spend a lot of time with people who believe in the same things you do.

This admistration is one of unending chaos characterized by lying self promotion. Imo Sarah looks far older than 35 because she is exhausted from lying so much and getting so much pushback. She has no sympathy from me. She continues to lie on a daily basis and represent a corrupt president.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, nausicaa said:

This seems to be a Trump administration phenomenon. Kellyanne Conway is only 51 and Stephen Miller is ONLY 32!

Good gracious Kellyanne Contwit is younger than I am? Miller is in his thirties? I guess hate, racism, and Islamophobia takes a toll

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Good gracious Kellyanne Contwit is younger than I am? Miller is in his thirties? I guess hate, racism, and Islamophobia takes a toll

Yep. She's younger than me too. And Miller is only a couple of months older than my firstborn son. :pb_eek:

They are all the opposite of Dorian Gray. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I'm a bit in two minds on this. Was this actually meant to be funny? Or was this more about just stating harsh opinions without SHS being able to defend herself? Does SHS put herself in this firing line because of how she does her job, and therefore deserve this? I don't know. But it made me slightly uncomfortable. I wish it had been funny, and snarky. In my opinion, this was not.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

On 4/27/2018 at 12:55 PM, Botkinetti said:

This admistration is one of unending chaos characterized by lying self promotion. Imo Sarah looks far older than 35 because she is exhausted from lying so much and getting so much pushback. She has no sympathy from me. She continues to lie on a daily basis and represent a corrupt president.

The unending chaos means daily crisis or even multiple daily crises. She probably hasn't had a good night's sleep since the inauguration.  And yet she continues to stand up and lie for a man who is, in every way, against everything she professes to believe.  Exhibit 1 for Teavangelical cognitive dissonance. 

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, fraurosena said:

I'm a bit in two minds on this. Was this actually meant to be funny? Or was this more about just stating harsh opinions without SHS being able to defend herself? Does SHS put herself in this firing line because of how she does her job, and therefore deserve this? I don't know. But it made me slightly uncomfortable. I wish it had been funny, and snarky. In my opinion, this was not.

My criticisms of SHS are many.

This was completely out of line, IMO. It didn't help make any of my (our?) points. It made SHS into a victim of persecution, in a sense.

• Upvote 7

I agree. I’m no fan of SHS, but this was cringeworthy for me.
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

That was super uncomfortable to watch. It is supposed to be funny and poke at them in a way that is snarky. She spoke the truth, but all it did was play into the GOP's narrative that the liberals are just soooooo mean. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I'm really not sure how Michelle Wolf's speech was mean or uncalled for. Sarah Huckabee Sanders is a liar who should be called out on her actions, not gently ribbed for constantly lying to benefit this ghoulish administration. She had a chance to speak truth to power and did it, good for her. Sarah Huckabee Sanders shouldn't be able to leave her home without people heckling her.

Conservatives are always going to say that liberals are sooooooo mean if they ever say anything of substance. Just remind them how their leader mocked disabled people. Remind them how one of the most popular conservative radio personalities called a 12 year old girl 'the White House dog' when her Father was president. Besides, I thought they were supposed to support free speech and be against safe spaces....or is that only when a Nazi wants to call for ethnic cleansing on a college campus? 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

I went on twitter this morning and was expecting the worst with how so many conservatives comments were going. I really didn't think it was bad at all. She was complimenting her smokey eye while coming at her lack of integrity because all she does is lies to us. Her comparison to Aunt Lydia from the Handmaid's Tale was to show that SHS is a woman who will lie for a man. The ash from burning facts which would  create a smokey eye really got to me!

I also hope that people know she said Fact and not Fat too because that was an issue. Honestly I thought this was very tame compared to what we hear from orange fuckface and company. 

Edited by candygirl200413
words can be hard
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, apple1 said:

This was completely out of line, IMO. It didn't help make any of my (our?) points. It made SHS into a victim of persecution, in a sense.

Ditto, here, and part of it is that I didn't really like Michelle Wolf's style, which is totally in line with many modern mainline comedians.  A friend has invited us to see comedians at a local comedy club, and for many of these guys (and women), every other word is f**k and some other crudeness in between.  I'm not offended.  It's just that I prefer the comedic style of Seinfelt, or Seth Meyers, which can be equally pointed but doesn't rely on crudeness. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic