IGNORED

Sarah Huckabee Sanders Version of Covfefe

fraurosena

25 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Was this one of those "six to eight weeks for delivery" items? These days, I'm pissed if my stuff isn't here in less than a week, but I vividly remember waiting and waiting for stuff from infomercials to arrive.:pb_lol:

Actually, I bought them at the store. Sears, if I'm not mistaken. And, since I am, sadly, an Amazon consumer, I get annoyed if the delivery takes more than two days. We actually have same day (one to two hour) delivery here, so it's almost instant gratification.

27 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Heh, just saw the pictures that @WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? posted. Is there some reason why I never see Sarah and Kellyanne wearing suits? 

Because then they'd be like (gasp, clutch pearls) the ebil Hillary.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Because then they'd be like (gasp, clutch pearls) the ebil Hillary. 

Heh! I just remembered that Bush 41, 43, and their wives didn't support Trump after he got the nomination, so the conservative suits that Barbara and Laura sometimes wear are definitely out for Trump's female supporters. :pb_lol:

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Is there some reason why I never see Sarah and Kellyanne wearing suits? 

I'd like to note that Melania wore a white suit to SoTU. 

• Upvote 6

14 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

And, since I am, sadly, an Amazon consumer, I get annoyed if the delivery takes more than two days. We actually have same day (one to two hour) delivery here, so it's almost instant gratification.

This is always startling to me. It makes me worry that there are some folks back over there in the woods just waiting to run my order up to the door. How do they know what I'm going to order? Seriously, it takes me longer to drive to real civilization than it takes them to get some random item here.

OTOH, I've developed a fascination with a brand of shoes that literally come on the slow boat from China. Three to four weeks.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, GrumpyGran said:

This is always startling to me. It makes me worry that there are some folks back over there in the woods just waiting to run my order up to the door. How do they know what I'm going to order? Seriously, it takes me longer to drive to real civilization than it takes them to get some random item here.

Well, there is a huge Amazon distribution center 15 minutes from my house, so that's a big part of their ability to deliver here quickly. Also, they have huge data analytics teams who study what to keep in each warehouse to streamline the supply chain. They do it well.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

On 2/14/2018 at 8:47 AM, GrumpyGran said:

We actually have same day (one to two hour) delivery here, so it's almost instant gratification.

Oh wow, I would get very spoiled if we had that here! 

On 2/14/2018 at 8:47 AM, GrumpyGran said:

How do they know what I'm going to order? 

Your house is bugged.

* ducks and runs away*

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Oh wow, I would get very spoiled if we had that here! 

Oh yeah, I have gotten spoiled. My mom moved to my area from one that wasn't in the 2 hour delivery zone. She needed a new vacuum right away and was moaning about having to go to a store. I quickly looked it up and the vacuum she wanted was on 2 hour delivery for the same price as Walmart and a little less than Target. She had it in just under 90 minutes.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Oh yeah, I have gotten spoiled. My mom moved to my area from one that wasn't in the 2 hour delivery zone. She needed a new vacuum right away and was moaning about having to go to a store. I quickly looked it up and the vacuum she wanted was on 2 hour delivery for the same price as Walmart and a little less than Target. She had it in just under 90 minutes.

Was she angry at you for taking away her excuse for not vacuuming? I would have been!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

26 minutes ago, GrumpyGran said:

Was she angry at you for taking away her excuse for not vacuuming? I would have been!

No, she loves to vacuum. She does it at least once a day. (yeah, I know, that's crazy) I think I must have been adopted, because I find every excuse possible to avoid housework.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Sarah Sanders, STFU!

No, he's not going to be pushed around by Russia. He's being lead around on a very short and very tight leash.

I do agree that it's time to protect the integrity of your democracy and your elections. Does that mean the presidunce will finally enforce those sanctions? Yeah, I didn't think so. It would mean some very hard yanks on that leash, after all.

• Upvote 6

One of these days her head is going to spin around, she's going to spew a stream of flaming vomit all the way to the back of the briefing room and then she's going to start crawling on the ceiling, barking. And no one in the room will be surprised.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if she can still separate lies, fiction and fake news from the truth.

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 1

19 hours ago, fraurosena said:

I wonder if she can still separate lies, fiction and fake news from the truth.

I wonder how she can justify what she does and still call herself a Christian.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

6 minutes ago, GrumpyGran said:

I wonder how she can justify what she does and still call herself a Christian.

I don't think it's that difficult when you're as full of BS as she has to be to lie and distort and deceive as much she does every time she opens her mouth. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1

She probably thinks she's doing it for the good of the country. Or at least, that's what she tells herself. If Clinton had been elected, it would have been a liberal free-for-all!!!!1111 So what if Trump lies a little... :roll:

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, AmericanRose said:

She probably thinks she's doing it for the good of the country. Or at least, that's what she tells herself. If Clinton had been elected, it would have been a liberal free-for-all!!!!1111 So what if Trump lies a little... :roll:

Well, we know now, thanks to Hopey, that they're just white lie. Are those the lies white people tell? How did I miss that briefing?

• Upvote 4

She is so transparently childish.

Acosta to Sanders: 'This is the third briefing you have not taken a question from CNN'

CNN's Jim Acosta objected to his network not being called upon during Monday's White House press briefing, noting it was the third straight time White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders didn't take a question from the cable network.

“Sarah, this is the third briefing you have not taken a question from CNN. Do you expect the Justice Department to enforce all subpoenas, Sarah?” Acosta asked as Sanders left the podium. Sanders continued walking out of the James S. Brady Briefing Room without looking back or acknowledging the question. 

Acosta's attempt to ask a question was shown on CNN as the network went back to anchor Brooke Baldwin in New York. “All right. Jim Acosta there at the end trying to get a question in," Baldwin said before reviewing the press briefing.

Acosta took to Twitter afterward to repeat the complaint and included the hashtag "courage," implying that Sanders was afraid to take any questions from CNN reporters in the room.

President Trump often calls CNN "fake news" and infamously sparred with Acosta in January 2017 after the correspondent made several attempts to ask a question. 

"Your organization is terrible," Trump told Acosta when he tried to ask a question at the Jan. 12 press conference as president-elect. 

"You're attacking us. Can you give us a question?” Acosta replied.

"Don't be rude. No, I'm not going to give you a question. You are fake news," Trump responded before moving on to another question.  

The president has not appeared on CNN since August 2016. 

• Upvote 7

• 2 weeks later...

Her nose should be 15 feet long by now: "A whopper of an alternative fact from Sarah Huckabee Sanders"

Spoiler

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders fed reporters and the public a whopper of an alternative fact at Thursday's media briefing, denying that President Trump said something that is, in reality, on tape.

Fox News Radio's Jon Decker tried to pose a question that he said “has to do with a story which appeared first in The Washington Post about an audio portion from a fundraiser the president had in Missouri, in which he said he was not exactly truthful in his conversation with his counterpart from Canada, Prime Minister Trudeau.”

Sanders cut off Decker there.

“That's actually not what he said,” she asserted.

Yes, it is what he said.

As Decker noted, Trump was in Missouri on Wednesday to raise money for Republican Josh Hawley, who is challenging Sen. Claire McCaskill (D) in November's midterm election. The president regaled the crowd of donors with this anecdote, a recording of which was obtained by The Post:

Trudeau came to see me. He's a good guy, Justin. He said, “No, no, we have no trade deficit with you. We have none. Donald, please.” Nice guy, good-looking, comes in: “Donald, we have no trade deficit.” He was very proud because everybody else, you know, were getting killed with our — so he's [unintelligible]. I said, “Wrong, Justin, you do.” I didn't even know. Josh, I had no idea. I just said, “You're wrong.”

The United States actually runs a surplus with Canada, according to the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative. Sanders, like Trump in a tweet earlier on Thursday, disputed the official government accounting, saying that “they're not taking into account some of the other things, like energy and timber.”

The White House's math is bogus. Read the Fact Checker for a full explanation of this four-Pinocchio claim.

But whether the United States runs a surplus or deficit with Canada is actually beside the point. The point is that Trump, by his own admission, did not know whether there is a surplus or deficit yet claimed that he did know, in his conversation with Trudeau.

Trump was dishonest, plain and simple. The president feigned knowledge he did not possess, saying, “Wrong, Justin, you do” — as if Trump knew what he was talking about — when, in truth, he “had no idea.”

For Sanders to deny that Trump “said he was not exactly truthful,” as Decker put it, is brazen even by the standard of this White House.

:pantsonfire:

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

She obviously hasn't spent much time reading to children, which makes me feel sorry for her kids. :pb_sad:

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 3

49 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

She obviously hasn't spent much time reading to children, which makes me feel sorry for her kids. :pb_sad:

As someone who absolutely loves reading to children (and adults too) whenever I can, I somehow find this rather offensive. She's reading in a monotonous voice, holds up the book and waves it quickly in front of her so fast that nobody can possibly see the picture, and she exudes such a feeling of 'I want to be anywhere but here' that it hurts to look at. There is no enthusiasm, no engagement of her audience, no smiles, no happiness. Although the video stops just as the story ends, I'm sure she got up as quick as she could right after and ran off to hide inside. 

Why did was she chosen to read the story anyway? Why didn't Melania? Because even with her robotic, heavily accented voice, I believe she would have done a better job by far. And that's saying something.

Edited by fraurosena
forgot a word
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic