IGNORED

John Shrader: Lyin' King - Part 7

Boogalou

On 5/29/2016 at 10:25 PM, Freejin said:

But the arrogance and condescension though. Does this really work? Who would allow themselves to be so smugged?

Also, do the people talked about on this site (duggars, Kellers bates, etc) know about it? Do they ever sign on?

I know that Ken Alexander, who has his own thread here because he thinks molestation and incest are completely normal, came on once because his wife, Lori, is regularly snarked on (her 8th topic is here), and something along the lines of "Lori Alexander is a monster" used to come up when you searched for her on the Internet. He didn't like it, and he made himself known. If you ever want to go down that fun rabbit hole, I can find you some links and PM them to you! I'm not as well versed in FJ history as some, but I'm slowly reading old topics to learn about all the craziness that's happened on this site, and boy are they all fun to read and eyeroll over.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been archiving tonight and moved some more Lorken stuff in there.  The ferrets are on standby.

http://www.freejinger.org/forum/259-lori-ken-alexander-always-learning/

Shrader also has his own section in the archives for anyone needing to catch up or find more background.

2 minutes ago, Freejin said:

If John knows about this sure why do you guys think he still leaves his Facebook page public?

Because he likes the attention. 

John's friend is a member here and, if I remember correctly, said that John knows about us. People like John are like Jill Rodrigues and Miss Raquel, they crave attention, even attention from folks like us. 

From ShraderFriend's posts, it seems that in real life John is a pretty charismatic guy who can sell his missionary fantasy without too many people questioning him. When pushed on the matter, no one had really stopped to think about the safety or education of the children. They had all gotten caught up in John's enthusiasm. 

Promoting his Great Works is more important than what a bunch of random heretics on the Internet think of them. 

He does remove things that make him look too bad. For example, he has taken down the picture of his kids being driven around in an unsafe van or him putting their lives and the lives of others in danger so he could take a picture or the time he bragged about how he was going to lose so much weight on the African Starvation Diet. Stuff like that is hard to twist into him being persecuted for Jesus, while our snark on his missionary skills he can just claim that he is being mocked for Christ. 

Though I really wish ShraderFriend would pop back up to give us his thoughts on all of John's drama. Even he struggled a bit in defending some of the stuff John did. 

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:
4 hours ago, Freejin said:

If John knows about this sure why do you guys think he still leaves his Facebook page public?

Also desperation for money. Sorry, I mean "prayers". He had his page locked down for awhile, but especially after he got dropped by his sending churches he needed to get the word out far and wide. He can't possibly vet every single person who shows an interest, so he has to deal with the possibility of snarkers in exchange for possible donations from those who are legit. 

The way John rushed to Zambia without proper visas and no place to stay makes me think that he knew trouble was brewing with his sending church and a good many of his supporting churches. If he had gotten dropped from his sending church and lost significant support while he was still here in America, it would have been a heck of a lot harder to get the money to make it in Zambia.

I would love to see a copy of his finances. Or a list of how many churches are still supporting him. 

6 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I would love to see a copy of his finances. Or a list of how many churches are still supporting him. 

And if he had nothing to hide, he would be transparent and accountable to his supporters and, really, to the public.  For example, there are many churches that show their pastors' salaries in their business meeting minutes.  Some would say, "That's nobody's business," but I say it certainly is if you are one of the church members giving money to the church.  You have a right to know where your money is going and how it is being used.

8 hours ago, formergothardite said:

He does remove things that make him look too bad. For example, he has taken down the picture of his kids being driven around in an unsafe van or him putting their lives and the lives of others in danger so he could take a picture or the time he bragged about how he was going to lose so much weight on the African Starvation Diet.

I missed the picture...can you expound? :)

1 minute ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

I missed the picture...can you expound? :)

On several occasions John took pictures while speeding down busy highways in really horrible weather. One time it was torrential rains and the other time it was icy. This was while driving a van full of kids and pulling a pop-up camper. It was the sort of weather that the driver needed to focus on road, not take pictures to post on FB. He got criticized because he could have easily caused a bad accident so he just pulled the pictures. No way he would admit he did something wrong. 

I was checking the Babies thread and this one all last week for updates about poor Esther, though I'm not sure why I expected any, since she's essentially an uncredited walk-on part in Shrader's posts.

6 hours ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

And if he had nothing to hide, he would be transparent and accountable to his supporters and, really, to the public.  For example, there are many churches that show their pastors' salaries in their business meeting minutes.  Some would say, "That's nobody's business," but I say it certainly is if you are one of the church members giving money to the church.  You have a right to know where your money is going and how it is being used.

I think, though I could be wrong, that his preacher father's church is his primary support these days.

12 hours ago, formergothardite said:

John's friend is a member here and, if I remember correctly, said that John knows about us. People like John are like Jill Rodrigues and Miss Raquel, they crave attention, even attention from folks like us. 

From ShraderFriend's posts, it seems that in real life John is a pretty charismatic guy who can sell his missionary fantasy without too many people questioning him. When pushed on the matter, no one had really stopped to think about the safety or education of the children. They had all gotten caught up in John's enthusiasm. 

Don't kid yourself. ESPECIALLY attention from folks like us. If John didn't have opposition,  he'd have no fuel for his martyr complex, and he'd wither away and die.

David Rea is kind of on a roll today and I can't help but wonder if some of this is directed right at John Shrader. His first post is about how stupid it is to claim everything is persecution. His example is a person going to China, violating the laws by handing out tracts, gets deported and claims persecution. He rightly says it is not persecution, is was just her dealing with the consequences of breaking the law. God doesn't demand that people have to hand out tracts. He says that a lot of what Christians call persecution is just them being dumb, stubborn, and purposely trying to offend others.

He then moves on to discussing crying "Satan is attacking me!" when anything goes wrong.This sounds exactly like it is addressing John.

Not every negative thing is an "attack of the devil". The danger in this thinking is two-fold. First, it feeds the pride of man. They think, "I am SO important that SATAN himself needs to attack me!"

and

Often this is used to over spiritualize negative life events or to cover up bad planning etc.

His next FB post is about over spiritualizing every single thing. Sometimes stuff happens and it is sill to turn every event into a huge spiritual sign. 

Oh, yeah, @formergothardite  That is SO aimed at John!  LOL!  

He and John keep taking digs at each other.  It's funny to watch but not funny in the sense that they are grown (supposedly) men who are supposed to be setting examples of Christ-like living.  If you put the two of them in a boxing ring together, the fight would look like the one between Raj and Howard on The Big Bang Theory when they were in a gym to fight it out and Leonard got bored just watching them dance around.

So, Esther may very well be in labor, as far as we know.  If not, she is getting close and is most certainly uncomfortable by this point.  You know what that means, don't you?

IT'S MEME TIME ON THE SHRADER COMPUTER!

No report on Esther.  No prayer requested for Esther.  No mention of Esther.  Just a meme to remind us all how holy John is.  After all, this adventure in Zambia, FB, Esther, TW Tozer, monetary contributions, stickin' it to "the man" (Rea)...it's all about John.  Every.  Single.  Bit.

John, it's PLANE and simple.  The world doesn't revolve around you.  Zambia doesn't bow at your feet, thirsty for your self-perceived spiritual wisdom.  You have family members who are hurting.  You have a wife ready to deliver.  You have children who need your attention--not just during a Bible quiz.  You have a language to learn.  Back here in the good ol' US of A, we're doing just fine without you preaching at us via Facebook, thankyouverymuch. The KEY is PLANE to see.  Humble yourself.  Get off the TRACT that leads no where and PAY attention to your family.  Be a REA of sunshine instead of Balaam's ass.

John announced that he has super SPIRITUAL news to share and Rea then wrote his post about making every little thing spiritual. :laughing-jumpingpurple: These at least provide some entertainment.  

Every time there is a new post in this thread I think it is about Esther delivering (hopefully without complications).  But no, who am I kidding? It is of course only about holier than Thou John!

I hope everything is okay with Esther. The lack of information from John is just so astounding. Why's it always have to be about you, John?

6 minutes ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

I hope everything is okay with Esther. The lack of information from John is just so astounding. Why's it always have to be about you, John?

@theinvisiblegirl, I wish your avatar had a cartoon bubble coming from its mouth with the bolded above inside it.  LOL!

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

John announced that he has super SPIRITUAL news to share and Rea then wrote his post about making every little thing spiritual. :laughing-jumpingpurple: These at least provide some entertainment.  

That they do, @formergothardite!

Often this is used to over spiritualize negative life events or to cover up bad planning etc.

Oh, THIS is definitely about John.  :wham:

5 hours ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

Oh, yeah, @formergothardite  That is SO aimed at John!  LOL!  

He and John keep taking digs at each other.  It's funny to watch but not funny in the sense that they are grown (supposedly) men who are supposed to be setting examples of Christ-like living.  If you put the two of them in a boxing ring together, the fight would look like the one between Raj and Howard on The Big Bang Theory when they were in a gym to fight it out and Leonard got bored just watching them dance around.

That is legit the best description of the Shrader/Rea feud ever (and it provides a pretty hilarious mental image).

I can't decide if their passhole-agresshole Facebook status war is entertaining, or if i should just feel sad/embarrassed for these two guys who can't handle their issues like adults.

Well he isn't going to share his super SPIRITUAL news yet, but he needs prayer that he will speak the truth in love and have agape charity Whatever all that is supposed to mean. FB showdown between him and Rea? It would be awesome. Rea would win. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived