IGNORED

Time for that much needed special Family Time

fundiefan

Haven't they also scheduled in a visit to Sam's Club or Costco during their Colorado visit? En famille, because Deity forbid someone wanders off by themselves and gets defrauded.

It's not because Teri forgot some essential things as she so sweetly shopped for the trip, or because they forgot to pack the frozen bean burritos, but because lecturing unsuspecting store employees about DEATH is a vital part of their lives.

Going cold-turkey on DEATH would probably cause the DTs in the Maxwells.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it wrong that I am sweetly waiting to be defrauded by John in his hiking clothes?

Hands off, clese, he's mine! :multi-heart:

Sparkles! I have missed you and your avatar in the Borg Collective threads

But where is the PEPSI? :soda:

Shhhh, Sister Mozz -- she can't actually put an addictive substance on the list! She has to buy that on the sly, from disreputable pushers:

9OHRZvX.jpg

Let's see...Sams Club stop en route, feeding chipmunks, lots of photos of God's creation, early morning wake up calls to hike 14-ers in long skirts, kayaking around a little pond, Bible time morning and night.

Rinse and repeat next August.

I wonder what Terified would look like if she were de-frumpified? Cut and color the gray hair, whiten the teeth, put on some stylish clothes.... I bet she'd look 15 years younger.

Of course, she'd probably look downright youthful if she shed Stevehovah, but that's not gonna happen.

And when she gets old, J'uterus is gonna have a hump on her back based on the way she juts her head forward like that.

:pink-shock: wholly crap i just realized she look likes my college exs mom. Except she needs longer hair and dragon lady nails. I think I will go be traumatized under my desk ..carry on :whitewine: :redwine: :martini: :martini: :margarita:

Whenever I feel bad for the girls (and the rest of the Maxwell boys) not being "allowed" to marry, I remember that it ultimately means less fundies walking around with their destructive ways. If they can't breed, GOOD.

Steve, if you're reading this...keep up the good work. :twisted:

If they were to go off and leave their cameras at home, they're in luck. Just post last years pics of the trip. If they leave pics of the grand kids out, no one could tell the difference. Same people, same activities as years past. Nothing new to see.

Is it wrong that I am sweetly waiting to be defrauded by John in his hiking clothes?

As long as you are doing it sweetly you're fine.

Still laughing at this and at myself. We took a trip to Arkansas for the first time this past spring and were staying in Mena. We stopped at a Walmart before we left Texas to stock up on odds and ends. There was a WalMart (WALMART, ARKANSAS, duh!) next to our motel in Mena, of course.

Where do the Maxwells go in Colorado? I bet all flat-lander fundies, hippies, liberals, conservatives, headships, SAHDs, kids glued to video games, moms keeping sweet all do the same thing when heading west: search for the first glimpse of mountains on the horizon.

I certainly understand the need for a summer road trip to cool country with mtns and trees. We won't have cool temps here until sometime in Oct. Can't imagine doing this with a bazillion people, though.

They're so busy reconnecting with their family that they don't need to associate with anyone else. Apart from the visit to Sam' Club to get their doritos, I don't think the crowds affect them much.

They probably have a booking on that cabin until 2036 (Happy fortieth Mary) so they're not even having to compete for accommodation.

Did anyone notice the picture of Terri with the shopping receipts in front of a laptop. It made me go hmmmmm.

My husband is in IT and loves all things computers. He glorifies in making elaborate spreadsheets with colors and graphs and can tell you instantly our net worth, projected income, taxes to be paid at year end, and balances of everything. This makes him comfortable and happy, and I don't think anyone would ever be able to try and steal our identity because he would be on it in a minute. We lovingly call him the receipt Nazi because he will come after you and ask for receipts for things he sees on the Credit Union online credit card statement, just to make sure it's one of mine or the boys. Our money is ours, not his and hers, and he would never question or restrict my spending. We work together on our budget and spending and discuss all major purchases, but I don't have to justify buying a cold Pepsi when I pay for gas.

I have a feeling, based on that photo, that every expenditure in that household has to be reported and documented. You never see purses on any of the women, and I got to wondering if they even have any pocket money as my Grandmother used to call it. Does Sarah get any of the profits from sales of Moody books to spend on personal stuff. Can Mary or Anna grab a candy bar from the display by the cash register to eat on the way home. Can Terri buy a cold drink or bottle of ice water to drink while she pushes a cart around Costco? For that matter, can they graze at the vendor booths set up to entice you to buy products by giving you a sample to taste? We love "buffet day" at the Sams club we shop at. Do the headship and Jr. headships monitor every step of the trip through the store to make sure someone doesn't make an unauthorized purchase and sneak into the bathroom to share a fountain drink or ice cream bar.

You never see posts like you do of the Morton girls stopping for hot donuts or holding up thrift shop purchases. It makes me sad to think that even those very simple pastimes are forbidden or completely unknown to them. When they travel by van and don't have the handy bathroom on Uriah, where do they pee, rest areas? McDonalds? What if they were so desperate that they had to "GASP" use a single unisex bathroom in a gas stations.

When you think about all the other day to day things we take for granted, it boggles the mind wondering how they handle situations like that................you could do a whole thread "How do the Maxwells do..................?"

Did anyone notice the picture of Terri with the shopping receipts in front of a laptop. It made me go hmmmmm.

My husband is in IT and loves all things computers. He glorifies in making elaborate spreadsheets with colors and graphs and can tell you instantly our net worth, projected income, taxes to be paid at year end, and balances of everything. This makes him comfortable and happy, and I don't think anyone would ever be able to try and steal our identity because he would be on it in a minute. We lovingly call him the receipt Nazi because he will come after you and ask for receipts for things he sees on the Credit Union online credit card statement, just to make sure it's one of mine or the boys. Our money is ours, not his and hers, and he would never question or restrict my spending. We work together on our budget and spending and discuss all major purchases, but I don't have to justify buying a cold Pepsi when I pay for gas.

I have a feeling, based on that photo, that every expenditure in that household has to be reported and documented. You never see purses on any of the women, and I got to wondering if they even have any pocket money as my Grandmother used to call it. Does Sarah get any of the profits from sales of Moody books to spend on personal stuff. Can Mary or Anna grab a candy bar from the display by the cash register to eat on the way home. Can Terri buy a cold drink or bottle of ice water to drink while she pushes a cart around Costco? For that matter, can they graze at the vendor booths set up to entice you to buy products by giving you a sample to taste? We love "buffet day" at the Sams club we shop at. Do the headship and Jr. headships monitor every step of the trip through the store to make sure someone doesn't make an unauthorized purchase and sneak into the bathroom to share a fountain drink or ice cream bar.

You never see posts like you do of the Morton girls stopping for hot donuts or holding up thrift shop purchases. It makes me sad to think that even those very simple pastimes are forbidden or completely unknown to them. When they travel by van and don't have the handy bathroom on Uriah, where do they pee, rest areas? McDonalds? What if they were so desperate that they had to "GASP" use a single unisex bathroom in a gas stations.

When you think about all the other day to day things we take for granted, it boggles the mind wondering how they handle situations like that................you could do a whole thread "How do the Maxwells do..................?"

I have long wondered if the family has any access to any money that is theirs to spend as they would like. I can't imagine being 32 (or 18) and having to ask my father for either an allowance or for specific spending money for each item I might want to purchase.

I have also wondered if the money is pretty tight in their household. All bean burritos, all the time strikes me as an indicator of reduced revenues, even if Steve "can't tell the meat is missing"....

I did notice the receipts (I fill out expense reports ALL THE TIME-- It is the bane of my existence) and wondered if it was personal expense tracking or if they will be preaching at some church or if they call this a business employee retreat, or whatever-- so most if not all the trip is deductible to their business. Also, if they blog about things (Handing out whatever they hand out at Xmas, the ladies' tea where they also hand out ministry stuff, their sunday dinner-- are those things deductible as well? Was the trip to the animal park planned as part of the Moody book so it could be written off as research?)

Now, I have long considered figuring out how to make my whole life tax deductible, so I have some respect for that, if they are doing it legally. I will say it was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the picture.

Sparkles! I have missed you and your avatar in the Borg Collective threads

Me too. :greetings-wavingblue:

I wonder what Terified would look like if she were de-frumpified? Cut and color the gray hair, whiten the teeth, put on some stylish clothes.... I bet she'd look 15 years younger.

Of course, she'd probably look downright youthful if she shed Stevehovah, but that's not gonna happen.

And when she gets old, J'uterus is gonna have a hump on her back based on the way she juts her head forward like that.

Terifying looks much better in person. She's just not photogenic. I think she is my age or perhaps a year or two older.

Meh, there comes a time when I think you've earned the right to look a bit frumpy if you want. I don't really aspire to looking 15 years younger. As I like to put it, I decided to age gracefully because I got sick of coloring my hair a year or two ago!

I spent years dressed up in business suits and used to like nice clothes and shoes. These days you couldn't force me out of my jeans, hipster long skirts, and frumpy loose dresses and into fashionable clothes or a pair of heels at gun point. :lol: Mind you, if Teri finally got loose from Steve's dresscode she might want to dress much better.

Armchair diagnosis of J'Chelle: Holy early osteoporosis, Batman. I hope she is being treated for it.

You never see purses on any of the women

You're forgetting Anna's hideous outfit/purse accessorizing which you can see here: blog.titus2.com/2014/08/04/sharing-christ-part-3-jesses-thoughts/

But in general, yes, I agree with this post and how sad their lives must be. Even with my fundie background, I can't imagine still living in that at Sarah's age. Scary, scary stuff.

I do hope that the daughters don't have to ask Steve for money to buy pads for their periods.

I do hope that the daughters don't have to ask Steve for money to buy pads for their periods.

Stevie probably asks to see their bloody underwear first before giving them any money. Now back to my monthly scheduled camping trip.

I remember a post years ago about Steve stopping in the Fabric Store to purchase frumper fabric. For all we know they are limited to the big bulk packages of one size fits all pads that the buying club has, or Steve decides what to buy and makes the purchases. Grocery list can't be too complicated, beans, flour, spices, cooking oil, beans, more beans.....

Another thought, had a friend with 3 sisters and 5 brothers. Their dad found this dispenser that held little paper/wax paper type bags - you used to see them in public restrooms - to discretely wrap your feminine hygiene products - no bleed through. Her Dad didn't want the boys seeing girly improper stuff in the wastebasket in the houses 1 bathroom. Don't give them any ideas or impure thoughts. Is there a special place to hide the evidence there are several women living in the home, or are there separate bathrooms for males and females, inquiring minds want to know. They spend 100% of their time together - they have probably linked up all their hormones so they all start and stop at the same time, fun times at the Maxwell home that week.

I remember a post years ago about Steve stopping in the Fabric Store to purchase frumper fabric. For all we know they are limited to the big bulk packages of one size fits all pads that the buying club has, or Steve decides what to buy and makes the purchases. Grocery list can't be too complicated, beans, flour, spices, cooking oil, beans, more beans.....

Another thought, had a friend with 3 sisters and 5 brothers. Their dad found this dispenser that held little paper/wax paper type bags - you used to see them in public restrooms - to discretely wrap your feminine hygiene products - no bleed through. Her Dad didn't want the boys seeing girly improper stuff in the wastebasket in the houses 1 bathroom. Don't give them any ideas or impure thoughts. Is there a special place to hide the evidence there are several women living in the home, or are there separate bathrooms for males and females, inquiring minds want to know. They spend 100% of their time together - they have probably linked up all their hormones so they all start and stop at the same time, fun times at the Maxwell home that week.

You can buy special wastebaskets/trashcans that have a pull-out bucket at the top, and has space underneath the bucket to put "other" garbage. I have seen these at Wally World. They might have one of those. Convenient for the girls, the guys don't have to see anything. However, do the girls and boys (or should I say men and women) even share the same bathroom?

There is a new post up, and I feel bad that Poor Sarah hurt her hand, but she writes in such a strange manner. She wrote that she "creamed her hand into a door handle"??? What does that mean? And from the way she writes, it seems like she was scolded for not being more careful. Poor Sarah!

Archived