IGNORED

Jill Duggar is Now a Lay Midwife

roddma

When I see Jill in her scrubs, I can't help but wonder if she tried to convert the bottom into a skirt.

I had similar thoughts. I bet she is not wearing regular scrub pants.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if now Jill knows how babies are made? Theyre not really good with the sex ed in the Duggar house, didnt tell Josh til he was getting married. I hope she does know, as I would not want my baby delivered by someone who did not know that.

Theyre only letting Jill work because they know shes the least likely to run off on their way home from work and never come back, or fall in love with someone who isnt Christian and start dating them.

I think that scene was staged; I'm pretty sure all of the Duggars know where babies come from - sweet, sweet fellowship.

Looking at the pictures I see two big positives for Jill and Jana:

1) They are rubbing shoulders with non-Duggars, non-Gothardites. I hope they come to see that Others are good people too.

2) They are getting some joy in their lives. The big smiles say it all, every healthy birth is a wondrous, joyful event. Such a nice break from the drudgery of their daily lives as J'slaves. And such a contrast to their normal, forced smiles.

I think that scene was staged; I'm pretty sure all of the Duggars know where babies come from - sweet, sweet fellowship.

I would be willing to bet at least one of those kids has come into Mom and Dad's room during 'the act'.

I am pretty sure she is just a chaperone for Jill.

That was my thought--maybe Jana is becoming a doula to go along. She does seem to be really off the radar. She may not be in "trouble" if she is leading a Journey group, but otherwise I really wonder WHAT she did to merit all that time in the Woods. Since working at HQ got Prissy he tweeet wittle Davy-kins, maybe Jana will be sent there for a while to find a man.

Gothard does say if you need to be a nurse you have to go to a local college. It appears with a father's permission a girl could do that, but I doubt many get to. He took flak for an earlier midwife course that had no clinical. Can't recall where I found that gem but it's out there somewhere if you want to dig for it.

I would be willing to bet at least one of those kids has come into Mom and Dad's room during 'the act'.

I don't know. In J'Uterus's column about their open door policy, she mentions that "when the door is locked, it's locked. Too bad, come back later." (obviously, I'm paraphrasing because I am too lazy to look up the actual quote)

New pic on the Mommy's Butterfly facebook page with Jill:

It looks like she wears normal skirts with her scrubs top.

Edited for grammar.

I have not posted this yet because its lacking information. An Albuquerque midwife has been charged with child abuse for delivering an at risk baby at home (http://www.abqjournal.com/main/2012/09/11/news/midwife-faces-felony-child-abuse-charge.html). I would never trust a lay midwife to deliver a baby unless they were under direct supervision of a nurse midwife or doctor. I would trust a nurse midwife but not a lay midwife because they many dont have the medical background needed if things go wrong.

I have not posted this yet because its lacking information. An Albuquerque midwife has been charged with child abuse for delivering an at risk baby at home (http://www.abqjournal.com/main/2012/09/11/news/midwife-faces-felony-child-abuse-charge.html). I would never trust a lay midwife to deliver a baby unless they were under direct supervision of a nurse midwife or doctor. I would trust a nurse midwife but not a lay midwife because they many dont have the medical background needed if things go wrong.

I'm not disagreeing with anything you've written, but a big part of the risk with this baby was that it was breach. Any licensed CPM appropriately acting within her scoped should never have attempted to deliver that baby at home. I hope beyond hope that Jill's training includes appropriate protocol for risking out high-risk patients and referring them to OBs.

I can't understand how the NM midwifery groups are supporting Weed. If there was a rogue practitioner in my profession putting people's lives at risk, I wouldn't go near them with a 10 foot pole.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know. In J'Uterus's column about their open door policy, she mentions that "when the door is locked, it's locked. Too bad, come back later." (obviously, I'm paraphrasing because I am too lazy to look up the actual quote)

I was just going to post on that article but why not add it here:

http://www.duggarfamily.com/content/mic ... oor_policy

I welcome the moments when the children need that extra comfort and encouragement with us. Sometimes they just need that closeness -- the comfort that comes from being near Mom and Dad. And while I feel like it's important for them, they also know that when Mom and Dad's door is locked, that's it (unless it's an emergency).

So when the door is locked theres some luvin going on, and all the kids know it. If they're scared too fucking bad because the rabbits need to multiply. Sorry J'chelle, being a parent means to be there when your kids are scared/sick/lonely etc. regardless of how horny you are. Something tells me the door is locked for 14 days out of the month and the kids know when to go to their buddies rather than mommy due to the date. Sick.

So when the door is locked theres some luvin going on, and all the kids know it. If they're scared too fucking bad because the rabbits need to multiply. Sorry J'chelle, being a parent means to be there when your kids are scared/sick/lonely etc. regardless of how horny you are. Something tells me the door is locked for 14 days out of the month and the kids know when to go to their buddies rather than mommy due to the date. Sick.

That's the implication there...how twisted

I'm not disagreeing with anything you've written, but a big part of the risk with this baby was that it was breach. Any licensed CPM appropriately acting within her scoped should never have attempted to deliver that baby at home. I hope beyond hope that Jill's training includes appropriate protocol for risking out high-risk patients and referring them to OBs.

I can't understand how the NM midwifery groups are supporting Weed. If there was a rogue practitioner in my profession putting people's lives at risk, I wouldn't go near them with a 10 foot pole.

Part of the problem in the Albuquerque case was that the midwife had let her license lapse. She tried to get her friend (women who had the baby) to cover for her by hiding the fact that she had the baby assisted. I think thats also part of the reason why the mother waited so long before going into get help.

I was just going to post on that article but why not add it here:

http://www.duggarfamily.com/content/mic ... oor_policy

Something tells me they know to go to their buddies PERIOD. Always.

Part of the problem in the Albuquerque case was that the midwife had let her license lapse. She tried to get her friend (women who had the baby) to cover for her by hiding the fact that she had the baby assisted. I think thats also part of the reason why the mother waited so long before going into get help.

:cry: There's some messed up people in the world. How could someone be so narcissistic to put the life of their friend's child at risk ... for what? Bragging rights? "Oh, I delivered a breech baby at home, beat that!"

I'm not necessarily anti-CPM practicing with adequate education and appropriate protocol for referral or transfer of care. I know some great CPMs and CPMs in training. But this Weed lady was acting illegally and immorally, and just plain shitty to her friend that she was supposed to be helping. I wish more CPMs would speak out against people acting like this instead of rallying around them.

I was scared to receive care from two CNMs at my original OB practice when I had a high risk pregnancy... so scared that I actually switched to a hospital-based practice of all perinatologists. Imagine that, the quality of my care improved when the practicioners treating me had a greater amount of knowledge on my specific issues than the CNMs had. I cannot even imagine being treated by a CPM with an extremely risky birth like a breech birth. just... wow.

I have nothing against CNMs and CPMs when it comes to normal, healthy pregnancies and I am glad they are out there as another option for women. I just can't imagine not seeking out other care when finding out I have a high risk pregnancy.

I used to be modest. In my last labor, I had a resident help in the delivery and also a pre-med student present shadowing my doctor. :lol: Not to mention all the nurses because the local nursing school was doing their OB rotation that week. There is a point where you do not give a fuck anymore. And your fifth child is IT. :o Half of my town has seen my cooch in the worst possible moment. I figure I spared some poor first-timer the trauma of being a case study. I can take it, I am a pro at this by now. :lol:

I must really be a hussy then, because I invited the students in during my first birth! The epidural made me happy and I said, "Come on in! The more the merrier!" :lol:

I have to say that I'm a strong proponent of thorough prenatal care and trained professionals. I had a serious complication with my second child that could have led to both of our deaths. Yay for modern medicine!

Just jumping in to let people know that I heard through the grapevine that charges were dropped against the midwife. The whole case is confusing and has a lot of people pretty shaken up over it.

I had a CPM attended homebirth and she even went so far as to explain laws to me, what was required before/during/after the birth etc... So I'm really confused how so much went wrong for that midwife's friend's birth and the 2 days after.

Well I'm glad she gets to have some sort of a career type of thing before she is married off...although I really wish she could become a Registered Nurse instead because I think she would make a good nurse, but then of course becoming a nurse would involve college, so..

Did she assist in any of Michelle's childbirths? Maybe this is no big deal but to me it seemed somewhat creepy to have to help in your moms childbirth..maybe I'm being silly, but I wouldn't want to do that, personally. I mean helping out with things during pregnancy- checking heart rate, figuring out nutrition planning, etc is one thing...but poor Jill shouldn't have to look up her mom's overly-used privates. I wouldn't want to do that.

I actually know a few people that are registered nurses and went back to get their midwife license. Midwives are very "in" right now and a very good career path. A RN would be nice, but I would not actually consider midwife to be so much below it. Since they are so trendy at the moment there is a high demand. It is also not an easy process to become a midwife.

I actually know a few people that are registered nurses and went back to get their midwife license. Midwives are very "in" right now and a very good career path. A RN would be nice, but I would not actually consider midwife to be so much below it. Since they are so trendy at the moment there is a high demand. It is also not an easy process to become a midwife.

Here in the states, a CPM is a lay midwife- a CNM is an RN who went on to get her masters in midwifery. What Jill is currently pursuing is definitely "below" being an RN as far as education requirements.

The various midwife terms get confusing.

The Midwives Alliance of North America has a definition of a lay midwife that I've been thinking was appropriate:

Lay Midwife

The term "Lay Midwife" has been used to designate an uncertified or unlicensed midwife who was educated through informal routes such as self-study or apprenticeship rather than through a formal program. This term does not necessarily mean a low level of education, just that the midwife either chose not to become certified or licensed, or there was no certification available for her type of education (as was the fact before the Certified Professional Midwife credential was available). Other similar terms to describe uncertified or unlicensed midwives are traditional midwife, traditional birth attendant, granny midwife and independent midwife.

Gothard does say if you need to be a nurse you have to go to a local college. It appears with a father's permission a girl could do that, but I doubt many get to. He took flak for an earlier midwife course that had no clinical. Can't recall where I found that gem but it's out there somewhere if you want to dig for it.

A midwife course with no clinical training is a very scary thing!

246756_10152096574235790_1044546092_n.jpg

little alivyah!

So how do you pronounce that name? Alive-yah? or is it supposed to be like Olivia, with a an "ay" or "ah" sound at the front and a quick "yah" at the end..."ay-liv-yah" or "ah-liv-yah" .... Either way, its stupid, and looks funny. Seriously why not just name the child Olivia... NOTHING wrong with that name... seriously.... *sigh*

Archived