IGNORED

Australian Blogger's Son Dies- Sparkling Adventures

princessjo1988

I highly doubt anyone's going to flame you for that.

Nope, that's all about right

(but August, i will just say a wee tiny 'I told you so") :lol:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous
I highly doubt anyone's going to flame you for that.

I will flame August for suggesting that the post would provoke flames! :twisted:

(Eh, no, I'm kidding.)

Guest Anonymous

Nope, that's all about right

(but August, i will just say a wee tiny 'I told you so") :lol:

Haha, I had forgotten about the earlier handslapping and only remembered because of the somewhat inflammatory reminder.

I think informed new perspectives are always interesting. I'm glad you read the blog and joined in the thread. :)

The reason I do judge Lauren on the haircuts is what I've said both here and in her blog comments. It is not safe to allow small children to use sharp scissors near each other's faces and it is not fair to allow an older child to cut her sister's hair off when she is not old enough to consent. On the clothes issue, I feel very sad that while Lauren maintain's her own pre-bereavement personal maintenance, the children are looking increasingly unkempt and do not always have adequate foot protection or warmth for the environment they are in. I don't doubt that Lauren is very depressed and stuck in the denial stage of bereavement and I am sorry for her but I think that the children need and deserve to be cared for too.

Yeah, I hate it when people throw in the "flame me now", because it usually follows something totally innocuous like "I always make my kids wear seatbelts" or "I only wash my jeans after several wears". But I was pretty much telling you to stop being mean to the poor hippy. Flames would not be unexpected.

Butbutbut, just had to see if she reads here. Lauren, when you say you try to avoid gluten, you might want to start avoiding those virtually pure gluten sausages and schnitzels instead of bread. And read a label now and then :doh:

So I just looked on FB and she has a new blog post called Successful New Year and of course I can't view the blog post but I can read the comments made on FB. As I'm scrolling through the you-are-an-inspiration-Lauren-dribble, I read "maybe you will stop neglecting your kids this year." I love whoever wrote that comment! :)

On Christmas Day she mentioned driving through St Helens, and then on to Oatlands on the shores of Lake Dulverton, and said this was in the middle of Tasmania.

She hasn't really said where she has gone onto since then, but there seems to be no mention of the fires on her Twitter feed that appears on the blog.

I worry she has driven those poor little girls to some out of the way area, and hasn't heard calls to evacuate etc. Then again, you would hope she'd have the sense to head for the nearest safe area as soon as she heard there were bushfires. But this is Lauren, after all... "Look at the flames girls, aren't they just so sparkly and beautiful?". :(

I hope the kids are ok and not in any danger. She seems like the kind of crappy parent who would save herself but forget one of the kids.

On Christmas Day she mentioned driving through St Helens, and then on to Oatlands on the shores of Lake Dulverton, and said this was in the middle of Tasmania.

She hasn't really said where she has gone onto since then, but there seems to be no mention of the fires on her Twitter feed that appears on the blog.

I worry she has driven those poor little girls to some out of the way area, and hasn't heard calls to evacuate etc. Then again, you would hope she'd have the sense to head for the nearest safe area as soon as she heard there were bushfires. But this is Lauren, after all... "Look at the flames girls, aren't they just so sparkly and beautiful?". :(

I've been in the Boregon wilderness never knowing I was in the cross hairs of a quickly moving wildfire. Here there are places that radios don't reach and wilderness beacons are worthless. I should think it's quite worse down under.

I hope the kids are ok and not in any danger. She seems like the kind of crappy parent who would save herself but forget one of the kids.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if we hear her on the news next week, "I couldn't find my girls in time to evaccuate. They're out there, missing!" while she's evacuated all safe and sound and sparkly. To put it plainly, I think it's plausible she'd abandon her girls out there in the flaming bush while she went on to safety and then played the grieving mother to the hilt. And then a few months later she says on her blog, "I think I'll use the excess energy I was using to take care of my children for some creative projects." She obviously doesn't want to be a parent yet is egotistical enough not to give them away because it would make her look bad.

I've been in the Boregon wilderness never knowing I was in the cross hairs of a quickly moving wildfire. Here there are places that radios don't reach and wilderness beacons are worthless. I should think it's quite worse down under.

This- sometimes the first alert that I get that there is a wildfire nearby is that suddenly there are a lot of aircraft nearby. Last summer they brought a DC10 in for one that was about 15 miles from me. (I knew about it, and was reasonably safe from that one because of two rivers, but if it had started somewhere else?)

Bushfires down here in Oz move incredibly fast when the wind is right, as the flames literally run across the tops of the trees, and the eucalypts then explode. It's violently, scary stuff. You can go from being relatively safe, to in the path of the fire in minutes with a slight wind change.

Bushfires down here in Oz move incredibly fast when the wind is right, as the flames literally run across the tops of the trees, and the eucalypts then explode. It's violently, scary stuff. You can go from being relatively safe, to in the path of the fire in minutes with a slight wind change.

Out here we have taxus and madrone, in Cali we had the eucalyptus. It exploded like transformers. Either way you are sheit out of luck even with a radio. Lauren is too sparkley for anything bad to happen to her. (Let's just all ignore the reality that her husband may have murdered their son.)

Out here we have taxus and madrone, in Cali we had the eucalyptus. It exploded like transformers. Either way you are sheit out of luck even with a radio. Lauren is too sparkley for anything bad to happen to her. (Let's just all ignore the reality that her husband may have murdered their son.)

Yeah, my part of CA we don't have the eucalyptus, but we have the pines, furs and cedars that burn and explode. I've heard that term while closely watching coverage of the last fire that came close to my house in the forest.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if we hear her on the news next week, "I couldn't find my girls in time to evaccuate. They're out there, missing!" while she's evacuated all safe and sound and sparkly. To put it plainly, I think it's plausible she'd abandon her girls out there in the flaming bush while she went on to safety and then played the grieving mother to the hilt. And then a few months later she says on her blog, "I think I'll use the excess energy I was using to take care of my children for some creative projects." She obviously doesn't want to be a parent yet is egotistical enough not to give them away because it would make her look bad.

The thing that might save them would be the substantial parenting payments she's getting from Centrelink - that stuff she's (NOT) spending on food and clothing for them. I'm sure that's the only reason she hasn't dumped them on someone else already.

The thing that might save them would be the substantial parenting payments she's getting from Centrelink - that stuff she's (NOT) spending on food and clothing for them. I'm sure that's the only reason she hasn't dumped them on someone else already.

Sadly, oh so sadly, you may have a point Funky Chook... Still, if her mercenary attachment to the girls saves their lives, then that's something, I guess. :cry:

Sadly, oh so sadly, you may have a point Funky Chook... Still, if her mercenary attachment to the girls saves their lives, then that's something, I guess. :cry:

Yeah, I take your point. I can't see her giving up all that free lovely money (the parenting payments as well as the donations). Too bad she's set a precedent for posting so many pics of the girls. Otherwise, she could abandon them post random entries and beg for more money.

Ugh I wouldn't be surprised if she was letting them "free range" in an evacuation zone, rules don't apply to them remember? I can imagine her high tailing it out of there with her laptop under one arm and the girls "kipis" (fuck that word irritates me) under the other.

I just discovered I can't see or make comments on her blog, is there a problem with it or have I been blacklisted from commenting after I called her out on FB?!

Guest Anonymous
Ugh I wouldn't be surprised if she was letting them "free range" in an evacuation zone, rules don't apply to them remember? I can imagine her high tailing it out of there with her laptop under one arm and the girls "kipis" (fuck that word irritates me) under the other.

I just discovered I can't see or make comments on her blog, is there a problem with it or have I been blacklisted from commenting after I called her out on FB?!

Her blog is still up and running for me (on Google Chrome). When I was banned from commenting, there was a note in small text under each post to that effect.

I think she needs the girls too much to abandon them at this point. Not just for the money, but also for all the sparkly invitations and free lodging from all the weirdos who like to play dolls' houses and go for long mountain walks with a stranger's kids, in exchange for a free bumper sticker.

Her blog is still up and running for me (on Google Chrome). When I was banned from commenting, there was a note in small text under each post to that effect.

I think she needs the girls too much to abandon them at this point. Not just for the money, but also for all the sparkly invitations and free lodging from all the weirdos who like to play dolls' houses and go for long mountain walks with a stranger's kids, in exchange for a free bumper sticker.

I can't see anything since being banned, and she banned me after she linked a (neutral) comment I made on her blog to the comments I make over here. Hi Lauren!!! You know i access the Internet via my roaming service too, right, so I can still see you sparkle! I just have to remember to check while I'm out.

Re: the fires. She's meant to be at a Rainbow Gathering. If they were in the path of a bushfire other more responsible people would be aware of it and evacuate the gathering.

Re: the kids. Not only are they the reason she receives financial support, they provide the material for her true love, her blog. There is no way in the world she is dispensing with them in any way. How would she be an enlightened spiritual earth mother without carefully posed shots of her spawn? On the bright side, it's probably only another five or so years til a teenage Aisha makes a run to the extended family, and hopefully pulls her sisters out too. On the not so bright side, David will be sentenced soon, and if the sentence is a long one I think Lauren will be pretty quick to hook up with a hippie boy and work her way through free birthing children to match the next few letters of the alphabet.

Sorry, I've had a few drinks and I know I'm being a bitch tonight.

Guest Anonymous

Meh, if she doesn't accept comments from non-leghumpers that's fine. I'm happy to report concerns directly to DOCS. They will no doubt have to act sooner or later.

Meh, if she doesn't accept comments from non-leghumpers that's fine. I'm happy to report concerns directly to DOCS. They will no doubt have to act sooner or later.

It's hard when she's constantly moving through jurisdictions. All the states have separate community services departments.

Maybe David's trial will bring things to a head though

Do we know anything more about a trial date, or even if he will be tried?

It's set for March.

He may plead, and he may get it adjourned to a later date, especially I'd he's not fit to stand trial. Or the trial may go ahead.

Elijah was born after the bulk of a Rainbow gathering was evacuated for flooding and she deliberately stayed behind the floodline so there was NO way to get her out when labor started. I think it was on purpose because she wanted that "free birth" and if the Rainbow gathering could have gotten her out, they likely would have. You aren't exactly talking about a nation without midwives and with barbaric birthing practices. Hell, not only does Australia allow homebirths, have easy access to birthing center births with midwives but they have nitrious available for women scared to go 100% med free but not wanting epidurals. Lauren just refused to ever USE something in-between her black and white demands of epidural at first labor pain and free birth in the bush.

Even if responsibile people will evacuate the Rainbow gathering, Lauren's history does NOT indicate SHE will evacuate. She would miss all of the sparkles if she did the sane and safe option. Think of the photo op of flames in the background of her girls meal tickets.

Archived