IGNORED

Australian Blogger's Son Dies- Sparkling Adventures

princessjo1988

She'd let the girls stick around to watch the fire, then afterwards they'll go and look at the charred still smouldering ground, and then she can write a blog post about how rebirth is only possible after everything else has been destroyed, and how it's a perfect start to the New Year as well as being an analogy for the one past.

That's a good point about Lauren getting together with someone in the future, lilith. I hadn't thought of that. She's a young woman and David is pretty much a lost cause, she's not going to stay single forever.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't see anything since being banned, and she banned me after she linked a (neutral) comment I made on her blog to the comments I make over here. Hi Lauren!!! You know i access the Internet via my roaming service too, right, so I can still see you sparkle! I just have to remember to check while I'm out.

Re: the fires. She's meant to be at a Rainbow Gathering. If they were in the path of a bushfire other more responsible people would be aware of it and evacuate the gathering.

Re: the kids. Not only are they the reason she receives financial support, they provide the material for her true love, her blog. There is no way in the world she is dispensing with them in any way. How would she be an enlightened spiritual earth mother without carefully posed shots of her spawn? On the bright side, it's probably only another five or so years til a teenage Aisha makes a run to the extended family, and hopefully pulls her sisters out too. On the not so bright side, David will be sentenced soon, and if the sentence is a long one I think Lauren will be pretty quick to hook up with a hippie boy and work her way through free birthing children to match the next few letters of the alphabet.

Sorry, I've had a few drinks and I know I'm being a bitch tonight.

That's not being a bitch, that is being realistic!

For Elijah's birth, I remember when she arrived at the Rainbow Gathering, she specifically mentioned that she did not know any of the people there.

Of course, she labeled those same strangers as her "friends" by the time the birth came around. I don't think she has any idea what true friendship actually means. Hint: it doesn't mean grifting off of someone you just met.

Elijah was born after the bulk of a Rainbow gathering was evacuated for flooding and she deliberately stayed behind the floodline so there was NO way to get her out when labor started. I think it was on purpose because she wanted that "free birth" and if the Rainbow gathering could have gotten her out, they likely would have. You aren't exactly talking about a nation without midwives and with barbaric birthing practices. Hell, not only does Australia allow homebirths, have easy access to birthing center births with midwives but they have nitrious available for women scared to go 100% med free but not wanting epidurals. Lauren just refused to ever USE something in-between her black and white demands of epidural at first labor pain and free birth in the bush.

Even if responsibile people will evacuate the Rainbow gathering, Lauren's history does NOT indicate SHE will evacuate. She would miss all of the sparkles if she did the sane and safe option. Think of the photo op of flames in the background of her girls meal tickets.

for at least Delaney's birth she had gas and pethedine. She also had a tens machine at the rainbow gathering and used it. Which, I just, fucking DAYUM. "I don't want anyone trained in rescucitation around, but I do want pain control." To which I say: Roisin Fraser, you selfish fucking cow.

Sorry, freebirthers' selfishness really gets to me.

Did anyone else notice how she really seemed to struggle with the demands of parenting a baby according to the baby's needs and not according to her convenience?

Guest Anonymous
She'd let the girls stick around to watch the fire, then afterwards they'll go and look at the charred still smouldering ground, and then she can write a blog post about how rebirth is only possible after everything else has been destroyed, and how it's a perfect start to the New Year as well as being an analogy for the one past.

That's a good point about Lauren getting together with someone in the future, lilith. I hadn't thought of that. She's a young woman and David is pretty much a lost cause, she's not going to stay single forever.

Her relationship with David was already pretty a lost cause before Elijah was drowned. When she mourns his loss, I think she is grieving over the loss of someone to parent the children, and little else.

I don't see Lauren having more children, by design, at least. I imagine she will soon burn one bridge too many with the travelling community, and move on to a new life philosophy without looking back. I just wonder how long she will keep the children with her.

Although this thread has been going on for a long time, I finally decided to check it out. What a craaaaaaazy lady... Lauren said in a recent post that she only has about one load of laundry every two weeks. Her "friends" whom she visits usually offer up their laundry facilities as soon as they drive up. Wonder if it is because they smell? I cannot imagine having only one load of laundry for 4 people every two weeks. What about sheets, towels, etc?

Although this thread has been going on for a long time, I finally decided to check it out. What a craaaaaaazy lady... Lauren said in a recent post that she only has about one load of laundry every two weeks. Her "friends" whom she visits usually offer up their laundry facilities as soon as they drive up. Wonder if it is because they smell? I cannot imagine having only one load of laundry for 4 people every two weeks. What about sheets, towels, etc?

I bet most of that load of laundry is Laurens stuff. She always looks cleaner than her kids.

Because of the fact that the family dont have baths very often and brush their teeth every few weeks, I cant imagine clean clothes are a priority.

Does anyone know if her children are safe?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20924703

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/06/us-australia-wildfires-idUSBRE90502U20130106

Please, please, let her children be safe.

Two days ago she was in Lonnavale, but no blog post since then.

That's worrying. Even assuming they are in a safe area, I would not want to be living in a bus in those temperatures. It really cannot be healthy for those children.

Clean clothes? Meh. Its just a sign you are conforming and not being sparkley. Besides with the red, if you bleed all over the place no one will ever notice.

Guest Anonymous

That's worrying. Even assuming they are in a safe area, I would not want to be living in a bus in those temperatures. It really cannot be healthy for those children.

New friends seem to have been added to her FB page in the last 10 minutes, including one Brandy C...

She's posted on instagram that she's about 30 kms from the fires and surrounded by smoke.

I hope there is a firebreak between her and the fires, cause a bushfire can move 30 kms very quickly.

New friends seem to have been added to her FB page in the last 10 minutes, including one Brandy C...

It was only a matter of time :lol:

It's been the same conditions and temperatures in my part of Oz as in Tas and I don't have air conditioning so I can absolutely imagine the hell that is the bus right now. I really hope they're in a safe area. There is a bushfire app for ipads/smart phones that shows where the danger areas are and that kind of thing so hopefully she's following the conditions. Good news is that most of the people who were 'missing' have been accounted for, although it's too early to say there were no fatalities.

By the way, I call turquoise since nobody else seems to have!

Oh god I hope they get out of that area.

It's been all over the news here and the stories are really upsetting. This morning I watched a man describe how he ran into the Dam to get away from the flames but the fire ball went over him and he had to keep everything but his nose submerged in water to keep from getting burnt

That's really scary.

30km would be too close for comfort tbh. I'd be turning that bus round and getting out of there

That's really scary.

30km would be too close for comfort tbh. I'd be turning that bus round and getting out of there

But think about all the sparkles you would lose if you did that!!

Yes, burning hot sparkles! Flying at your eyes and blinding you!

Sometimes I'm glad I live in a damp, mouldy, grey little village by the sea. The idea of bush fires really freak me out. Imagine running really fast and seeing these massive flames chasing up behind you and not being able to get away. Eek :o

The issue with bush fires is that they come so quickly and people think oh its "X amount away from me I'll stay and hose the house down" but then within minutes the fire is through their area. 174 people died in the black saturday fires of 2009 because the fire came through so fast people didn't have a chance to get away or they decided to stay and protect their home.

I was living in Victoria at the time and afterwards there was a big public education to encourage people to leave if there is a bushfire.

I remember seeing that on the news and couldn't believe how fast they moved. It must have been absolutely terrifying. I remember hearing this one particularly awful story which IIRC involved a family trying to take cover in their swimming pool (I think).

I have a bit of a fear of fire anyway so even the thought of it makes my stomach sink.

I hope Lauren and her girls don't get any closer

She's insane. Why isn't she taking steps to keep her kids safe from the fires?

There's an instagram picture of the fires behind some nearby hills, and in another she talks about being surrounded by smoke.

And there's this from her blog:

Friends are monitoring the bush-fire notices online — which entails walking out of camp to get some mobile reception first — and it appears that our pocket of wilderness is fire-free. So we’ll stay here for another day or two and keep cool.

So with the fast-moving brush fires around, she's in a situation where she's relying on other people to go find cell reception and tell her if it's safe to stay where she is.

Another treat from instagram is the picture of the sign that says "venomous snakes loose on property" to which Lauren responds, "Sign keeps the foreigners out; for Aussies, it simply makes them feel more at home!" And then a couple other Aussies say, "no, not so much."

Guest Anonymous

She's dramatising it to bring in more clicks and donations. :?

Poor girls; I hope someone can take care of them and get them out if need be. :(

Archived