IGNORED

This chick is off her nut.... Lori on First Aid

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, posion ivy-- not an emergency.

2nd degree burn-- EMERGENCY.

Educate yourself and know when it is and is not necessary to seek medical intervention. Get it for the things you need, and avoid it for the things you don't.

I mean do you need to be an extremest about everything? Just because doctors are not necessary for some things means they are not necessary for all things???

Fundie logic circuitry is completely non-functional.

ETA: There is poison ivy "somewhere." Seriously!?! It is not that f***ing hard to see, visit the place your kids play once in a while, lazy good-for-nothing so and so... At the very least teach them how to identify it. I doubt this kid gained any immunity, he probably just learned how to avoid it-- which would have happened sooner if she'd bothered to google a picture of the stupid plant and say THIS SHIT MAKES YOU ITCHY DON'T TOUCH IT.

She's an effing nut case. She made a new post for mother's day...in which she pretty much talks about her mom like crap (in a nice nasty sort of way) and then pats herself on the back for teaching her how to love her husband

She's an effing nut case. She made a new post for mother's day...in which she pretty much talks about her mom like crap (in a nice nasty sort of way) and then pats herself on the back for teaching her how to love her husband

Yuck. Is she a Christian scientist?

I love how she says "be smart, be educated" when she is anything but.

Aloe is a recognised remedy for burns. And you only need to look as far as aspirin to know a lot of modern medicine has its roots in plants. We've just researched it and made it more efficient. Can't she understand that? There's such a lack of knowledge there, her theory on gut flora, as well as the whole "when I was young nobody had these diseases" bullshit, yuck.

If she had her milk goat eat some poison ivy and gave the children the milk, they would get immunity for the antibodies in the goat's milk. It worked for my kids with poison oak.

If she had her milk goat eat some poison ivy and gave the children the milk, they would get immunity for the antibodies in the goat's milk. It worked for my kids with poison oak.

This worked at my house as well. My goat first gave us PI from contact. A neighbor told us this trick and it worked.

I posted a comment but it was deleted in a nanosecond. So I must have pissed her off previously. Her medical ignorance makes me mad.

Hmmm, she talks about how asthma is caused by vaccinations. Well my mother had horrible asthma and was never immunized or had antibiotics as a child because it didn't exist yet. So how did my mother get asthma? Maybe from her parents and grandparents who also had it? :whistle:

When I was growing up, no one had allergies, asthma, or autoimmune diseases.

Could it be because children were dying early from diseases like Polio and others? I mean, I don't know how old she is, but seriously.

I highly doubt she knew everyone in the world. Did she visit every hospital to find them all empty because people were out playing and getting burned while their mother's treated them with Aloe?

She annoys me.

I remember her now, she's the one who wondered what happened to semen after a vasectomy. I must have been banned back when I posted a reply about that.

Anyway, browsing some of her previous blog entries, I find this gem:

I allowed them to cry. I made them sleep through the night when they were three months old in their own bed. Was I a bad mom and sinning?

My answer is yes, she was a bad Mom. If a baby naturally sleeps through the night at 3 months that's one thing but to make a child sleep through the night makes it sound like if they cried they just had to cry until they feel back to sleep.

When I was growing up, no one had allergies, asthma, or autoimmune diseases.

Extrapolating statistics from a small sample of neighbors and friends you had growing up is just good science. :roll:

It is also something you can be born with, the immunity. I'm allergic to a shit load of things, but I've never had poison oak. And because I don't get it, I don't watch for it, and I've ended up in the middle of it many times, and had to apologize to the people I was with. One of my siblings and my mom don't get it, the other sibling and my dad do react.

Hmmm, she talks about how asthma is caused by vaccinations. Well my mother had horrible asthma and was never immunized or had antibiotics as a child because it didn't exist yet. So how did my mother get asthma? Maybe from her parents and grandparents who also had it? :whistle:

My dad had asthma as a child (he was one of the lucky ones who outgrow it), and being born in 1949, he didn't have many vaccinations at the time, and as an adult he's had many more vaccinations and it never came back. Hmmm.

She has the sweet aroma of Jesus wherever she goes.

I don't even...sweet aroma of Jesus? I am so using that as my new alternative to 'Jesus tittyfucking Christ'.

Can someone tell me what exactly this sweet aroma is?

I remember her now, she's the one who wondered what happened to semen after a vasectomy. I must have been banned back when I posted a reply about that.

Haha that was her? Oh my, the ignorance...

I don't even...sweet aroma of Jesus? I am so using that as my new alternative to 'Jesus tittyfucking Christ'.

yes. THIS. when i read that post it just made me want to vomit. my guess is the "sweet aroma" comes from a "sweet countenance"

she never posts my comments either and she is obviously crazy. did you guys read the post about being alkaline? wow.

I can't believe the arrogance when she talks about people immunising against diseases which "most" children survived. I think the death of even one person from a preventable disease is devastating. Does she have any idea how many children have died? Children who were not part of her "most".

I pray her children never suffer a major injury or contract a severe disease because it seems they are very unlikely to get appropriate treatment.

Well, back in Jesus' day, I'm not sure that bathing daily was hugely popular, so, my guess would be...

When did she supposedly grow up? Because, although I don't specifically remember if my friends had excema or not, I do remember in the 50s my parents were terrified to let me go to the swimming pool because of fear of polio. And that ain't just annecdotal sister! Look it up. There are pictures of children in those horrible iron lung machines. I know people my age who managed to survive polio and bear the physical scars today.

Or is polio immunization ok, but not chicken pox? What about small pox? We actually managed to wipe that sucker out due to vaccination. Where is the line?

She talks about gut flora, immunisations, and asthma. None of these are related. Gut flora is beneficial only with regards to the things you EAT: it has nothing to do with the bloodstream (aka immune system) or respiratory system.

I'm also not sure how you're supposed to develop an immunity to something when the reaction itself is an allergy. My guess is he just grew out of the allergy. It happens, and it would have happened if she'd gone to the doctor, too.

The stupid: it burns.

I really never understood this bias against "chemicals".....isn't everything a chemical? Water is a chemical, air is a chemical, etc.

I call bullshit on "no one had autoimmune diseases when I was child". Yes, they did. Lupus and the like have been around for ages. I believe it was documented well back into the 18th Century.

I also was vaccinated along with everyone else in my family with what was available. We have rather strong immune systems for the most part. I get that's just blogging what she thinks, but it's not winning any points. She just sounds really ignorant and naive and that she lacks critical thinking skills.

Archived