IGNORED

Anti-gay marriage bill {merged}

BravaAmica

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/0 ... 70956.html

"Pressed on whether she had used the word "Caucasian," she said, "I probably said the word," but that she hadn't used it in a race-related manner."

So how, exactly, did she use the word, Caucasian? I thought it was the fancy word for white folks but apparently I'm wrong. Perhaps J. Crew has added a new pinky-ecru shade to its line of spring dresses: "I just love that shade of Caucasian on you!" Or maybe Calico Corners has a new line of drapery fabrics, with shades named after different skin tones. "I just got the most darling Caucasian drapes, so breezy and aryan." We'll never know.

"I just got the most darling Caucasian drapes, so breezy and aryan."

This just made me laugh out loud. :lol:

This just made me laugh out loud. :lol:

Thanks. I'm so frustrated and angry at all that Amendment One bullshit. I've just decided to be sarcastic about it.

I've been furious for weeks, and it seems the closer we get to May 8, the more bullshit spews from people's mouths. Granted, I'm extremely biased as my caucasion lesbian ass is raising three boys, and HELL no I didn't marry my son's father. That decision most likely saved my life, thankyouverymuch. So yeh, as a family we are screwed in every possible way from this fabulous piece of legislation. What infuriates me the most is that people DON'T get that it is not a marriage amendment.. wtf are they amending anyway? NC has long since had a law preventing same sex couples from getting married.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/02/north-carolina-gay-marriage-amendment-1_n_1470956.html

So how, exactly, did she use the word, Caucasian? I thought it was the fancy word for white folks but apparently I'm wrong. Perhaps J. Crew has added a new pinky-ecru shade to its line of spring dresses: "I just love that shade of Caucasian on you!" Or maybe Calico Corners has a new line of drapery fabrics, with shades named after different skin tones. "I just got the most darling Caucasian drapes, so breezy and aryan." We'll never know.

This made me laugh out loud, too, but then I went to the link and I stopped laughing when I read what it was reported that she actually said. :shock: Unfrickinbelievable. :(

Ignoring her fuckwittage over the term Caucasian a moment, how in the name of hell will prohibiting gay marriage increase the birth rate of ANY race?

Does she really think that all the gay people out there are going to suddenly marry people of the opposite sex and start pumping out children because they can't marry someone of the same sex?

What is this? I don't even....

How do you mention "Caucasian" without mentioning race exactly? I'm assuming that she's not talking about the Caucasus mountains, since I'm pretty sure that she's be incapable of finding them on a map.

How do you mention "Caucasian" without mentioning race exactly? I'm assuming that she's not talking about the Caucasus mountains, since I'm pretty sure that she's be incapable of finding them on a map.

Yeah, I don't think she was giving a random geography lesson.

And as for who enacting this amendment would make more white babies, I have no idea about her logic. Unless it's a knee-jerk reaction of "OMG, the brown people are out breeding us! Let's get busy!"

grateful1230 I have no idea why NC needs this amendment. The only amendment to the NC constitution [that I know of]. NC might feel it needs this amendment to further codify its bigotry. I sincerely hope it tanks at the voting booth next Tuesday. I was born in NC, and go back to visit often. It breaks my heart to see my state come to this.

It sounds like a combination of two horrible viewpoints:

1) All those icky brown people are outbreeding all the nice white people, so the white people need to breed more so as not to be out-numbered

and

2) If gay marriage is legal everyone will decide to be homosexual and will therefore stop making babies.

Gay marriage is seen as one more obstacle in the path of increasing the number of white babies being born.

Ignoring her fuckwittage over the term Caucasian a moment, how in the name of hell will prohibiting gay marriage increase the birth rate of ANY race?

Does she really think that all the gay people out there are going to suddenly marry people of the opposite sex and start pumping out children because they can't marry someone of the same sex?

What is this? I don't even....

This is something I don't understand either. If you made it illegal for me to be openly gay... I wouldn't have sex with a girl. I'm sorry, but in my opinion, sex with girls is icky. Other than that, just because I can't marry a guy doesn't make me magically straight! There would be no baby making going on. I just don't understand the statement of it helping babies be born. I really just don't get it at all!

TBH, I prefer the term "European American" myself. Because, y'know, African-Americans didn't all come from Africa (they were born here! Here! In the USA! :o ) so if they're African-Americans, I'm European-American... because while I was born here, my ancestors came from Europe. So there. I don't like saying cock-Asian anyway, I might defraud someone.

I really don't see the point of Amendment One. It's not going to ban gay marriage. Even if nothing happens re: domestic violence protection and parental rights, it's still a waste of time and money. Yes, money, because they have to pay someone to re-write the state constitution online and in print, and pay to enforce it, and pay BIG bucks to defend it in court. That money could have gone to my college education, but of course the old white motherfuckers in the General Assembly don't give a shit about that, oh no, who the fuck needs college anyway when what North Carolina needs is MORE FURNITURE MAKING and MORE HOG FARMS to get into the 21st century... oh wait, they're trying to go back to the 19th century. My bad.

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/ ... fpnewsfeed

Jodie Brunstetter, the wife of state Sen. Peter Brunstetter ®, has found herself embroiled in controversy after suggesting that her husband’s role in writing the bill — which passed the Republican-controlled general assembly last fall — was racially motivated.

According to the alternative Yes! Weekly, which picked up the remarks from freelance journalist and activist Chad Nance, Jodie Brunstetter told a poll worker in Winston-Salem, N.C. Monday that the reason her husband “wrote Amendment 1 was because the Caucasian race is diminishing and we need to uh, reproduce.â€

Maybe she should look into becoming a QF broodmare?

But, but... banning gay people from getting married won't make them straight! And straight people aren't the only ones who have babies! This really makes no sense.

I had no idea there were so many other North Carolinians here! I already voted last week - love having an early voting site across the street from my office. I will be on the West coast next week, and will be anxiously checking the returns on my phone during dinner.

Re. past amendments to the NC Constitution - we had one just a few years ago to bar convicted felons from holding the office of sheriff in any county, and also had one to give the governor veto power at some point in the past 29 years (I vaguely remember talking about it in 9th grade, so 1996ish).

As a side note, the state constitution includes language barring anyone who denies the existence of God from holding state elected office. Obviously unenforceable, but odd that it's never been amended to remove the requirement.

The darling thing about Amendment 1 is that gay marriage is already illegal in NC. The amendment is just a way of throwing up roadblocks to recognition of civil unions and domestic partnerships.

The darling thing about Amendment 1 is that gay marriage is already illegal in NC. The amendment is just a way of throwing up roadblocks to recognition of civil unions and domestic partnerships.

Yep. I know my perspective is skewed because I live in one of the most liberal, towns in the state (if not the most liberal), but I'm cautiously optimistic that the amendment will fail. If not, I can only hope that it will quickly make it to the Supreme Court and get over ruled, which just sets one more precedent for ultimately overturning all laws limiting same sex marriage.

Have you see the ad in support of Amendment One? It's been running on tv stations around here for a few days now, and of course they have ratings/comments disabled on youtube :roll:

QAT6w7vJmQo

Let me count the fail.

1. You can't even prove that god exists, much less that he invented marriage. God and the bible have no place in the secular laws of a state.

2. Many children do not have a mother and a father, through a variety of circumstances. So I guess they're suggesting that all families without a mother and a father raising children are inferior.

3. Voters should not be determining what marriage means. We decided a long time ago that in an ideal democratic society, the will of the majority should not define the rights of a minority.

4. Gay people have the right to live as they choose...as long as they don't choose to be married to someone they love :?

5. Marriage has already been redefined to allow interracial marriage, allow divorce, and give additional rights/protections, particularly for women.

6. If 30 other states voted to put neo-nazis in power, does that mean we should do it too? Hey, Mississippi, there's an example we should be following...

Here's their statement on why people should support the amendment. It actually contains the statement that, "Legally Recognizing Only Heterosexual Marriage Isn't Discrimination Against Homosexuals Wanting to Marry". When one of my "friends" posted it on FB the other day, I had to mention that it must be Opposite Day in the NC House. My comment got more likes than her original statement. She is the only person on my FB posting in support of the amendment, despite the fact that I am friends with at least 3 pastors. Amendment One is bullshit.

Have you see the ad in support of Amendment One? It's been running on tv stations around here for a few days now, and of course they have ratings/comments disabled on youtube :roll:

QAT6w7vJmQo

Let me count the fail.

1. You can't even prove that god exists, much less that he invented marriage. God and the bible have no place in the secular laws of a state.

2. Many children do not have a mother and a father, through a variety of circumstances. So I guess they're suggesting that all families without a mother and a father raising children are inferior.

3. Voters should not be determining what marriage means. We decided a long time ago that in an ideal democratic society, the will of the majority should not define the rights of a minority.

4. Gay people have the right to live as they choose...as long as they don't choose to be married to someone they love :?

5. Marriage has already been redefined to allow interracial marriage, allow divorce, and give additional rights/protections, particularly for women.

6. If 30 other states voted to put neo-nazis in power, does that mean we should do it too? Hey, Mississippi, there's an example we should be following...

Here's their statement on why people should support the amendment. It actually contains the statement that, "Legally Recognizing Only Heterosexual Marriage Isn't Discrimination Against Homosexuals Wanting to Marry". When one of my "friends" posted it on FB the other day, I had to mention that it must be Opposite Day in the NC House. My comment got more likes than her original statement. She is the only person on my FB posting in support of the amendment, despite the fact that I am friends with at least 3 pastors. Amendment One is bullshit.

At the end of the clip they highlighted the southern states that agree with them and I just got huge vibe of what happened right before the Cival War. Scary that history is repeating itself this way.

Vision, did you get a newsletter to do this? I didn't get one that I had to breed to keep you from taking over the world. :roll:

Lol. I'll be a decent ruler and just move the straight people underground, for breeding purposes.

Lol. I'll be a decent ruler and just move the straight people underground, for breeding purposes.

Can mine be with an underwater pool? :pray:

Between this asshat and the punch-your-4-year-old-limp-wristed-son preacher (and every other douchenozzle that's come out of the woodwork to support this vile amendment - including several members of my and DH's family),

I'm about ready to pack the hell up and leave NC. :(

Can mine be with an underwater pool? :pray:

Sure. I'll make sure it's near the center of the earth so the pugs stay warm.

But, but... banning gay people from getting married won't make them straight! And straight people aren't the only ones who have babies! This really makes no sense.

Theoretically, a lesbian couple could breed at twice the rate of a hetero couple.

Are only white people gay?

Confused.

Archived