IGNORED

Anti-gay marriage bill {merged}

BravaAmica

Sure. I'll make sure it's near the center of the earth so the pugs stay warm.

You are to good to me. :D I promise to be a good and faithful servant to my new overlord. :dance:

Theoretically, a lesbian couple could breed at twice the rate of a hetero couple.

Sounds like an idea for a new TLC show...

Lol. I'll be a decent ruler and just move the straight people underground, for breeding purposes.

Like Morlocks?

Oh, wait -- it's the other way around in that story -- the breeding stock are above ground.

Like Morlocks?

Oh, wait -- it's the other way around in that story -- the breeding stock are above ground.

That was my first thought too! HG Wells for the win!

That was my first thought too! HG Wells for the win!

Do you like your Eloi roasted, broiled, or stewed in the slow cooker?

Do you like your Eloi roasted, broiled, or stewed in the slow cooker?

I always love a good roast but lately have been failing to avoid the fried*. To many Josh food photos I guess, so I will choose fried or roast if we don't have any oil to fry them in.

Real question, Which movie is the better movie? 1960 movie or the remake? :think:

Ok, if you absolutely were going to do something offensive and probably unconstitutional involving gay people and trying to make more white babies, it wouldn't be something like this bill. Why don't they introduce a bill that strongly encourages gay marriage and offer a free state registry to match lesbian couples with sperm donors and gay male couples with surrogates? And pay for any needed fertility treatment? Hell, and couple all that with a white-gay-couple child tax credit or monthly stipend?

Instead we get this shit that doesn't even do what they say they want it to do.

I'm cautiously optimistic. NC seems to have enough cosmopolitan, educated folk to balance out the rednecks (after all the state went to Obama in the last election). I can see it going either way though.

Its crappy right now, but I think in the next 50 years this will change and there will be full marriage rights for all consenting adults. I have a lot of faith in the younger generations, even in the Bible Belt.

I'm cautiously optimistic. NC seems to have enough cosmopolitan, educated folk to balance out the rednecks (after all the state went to Obama in the last election). I can see it going either way though.

If they show up and vote. I don't know how the voting percentages usually change in the primaries with an incumbent President, but it seems to me like they picked May 8 on the assumption that more Republicans than Democrats would be voting.

Also, I'm seeing a scary number of what I'd consider moderate to semi-liberal Christians saying they are not going to vote or going to vote for it because they have been told are are worried that "supporting gay marriage" is a sin. I am in a more conservative part of the state, but I've seen at least 100 signs for it and none against it. I've spoken with a few people who are against it, but a lot of people seem afraid to say that. The polls I've seen show a majority in favor of it, but that drops way down when they learn what the law actually says and how it can affect civil unions and other relationships.

I'll be at our polling place handing out some leaflets about why it is a bad idea and wearing a shirt that says "Christian. Conservative. Against Amendment One." - my husband said he'll take our son that day because he's afraid someone might try to hurt me or get in my face over it. I don't think there will that sort of intimidation, but I see kind of a spiritual intimidation from a lot of churches telling people it's sinful to oppose it. Our pastor is getting trash talked because he refused to attend or support a rally against it and is telling people that they should look at the bill and make their own decisions because Christianity does not require a theocracy.

If they show up and vote. I don't know how the voting percentages usually change in the primaries with an incumbent President, but it seems to me like they picked May 8 on the assumption that more Republicans than Democrats would be voting.

Also, I'm seeing a scary number of what I'd consider moderate to semi-liberal Christians saying they are not going to vote or going to vote for it because they have been told are are worried that "supporting gay marriage" is a sin. I am in a more conservative part of the state, but I've seen at least 100 signs for it and none against it. I've spoken with a few people who are against it, but a lot of people seem afraid to say that. The polls I've seen show a majority in favor of it, but that drops way down when they learn what the law actually says and how it can affect civil unions and other relationships.

I'll be at our polling place handing out some leaflets about why it is a bad idea and wearing a shirt that says "Christian. Conservative. Against Amendment One." - my husband said he'll take our son that day because he's afraid someone might try to hurt me or get in my face over it. I don't think there will that sort of intimidation, but I see kind of a spiritual intimidation from a lot of churches telling people it's sinful to oppose it. Our pastor is getting trash talked because he refused to attend or support a rally against it and is telling people that they should look at the bill and make their own decisions because Christianity does not require a theocracy.

They absolutely picked the primary for that reason. They probably weren't counting on Bev Purdue not running for re-election, though, which may get more democrats to the polls than originally anticipated because they are choosing a candidate for governor.

I've had the opposite experience with signs and fliers. I've seen one for it and a bunch against it, even in Raleigh and Garner, which are not overwhelmingly liberal. I do feel like the people you've seen outnumber the people I've seen, unfortunately. I will be disappointed but not surprised if it ends up passing. I hope I'm wrong.

I did the vote against shoot in Wilmington, along with my kids and wife. I didn't know it was on the internet tho.. I'm going to see if we're on it now.

On a kinda side note, we are from SC and lived there during the similiar amendment that was passed. Granted, it had very little wording other that never let the ebil gayz marry, but it was still a heartbreaking day. I would so prefer to not live through that heartbreak again on May 8..

Sounds like an idea for a new TLC show...

Bwah! Actually, TLC did air a special called Quads with 2 Moms, in which both women were pregnant at the same time with twins.

So I got the following text today: "Gay by Choice? Do Not Let Gays force their views and preferences upon you and your children." followed by a phone number. It was from nc@voteoutbarackobama.com. I'm a registered voted, and I registered Independant. However my old cell number is on that, which makes this even more maddening. My wife and I often worry about forcing our own views and sexual preferences on our boys, thanks asshole.. btw while I'm typing this, I noticed there's a Vote for Marriage on May 8 ad above this. yay.

Archived