IGNORED

The ebil feminists are making women hate babies

SpeakNow

Hmmm I was a little feminst long before I grew up and decided I wanted a very large family. I'm still a feminst and though I'm too old and tired to have any more pregnancies I still love babies and can't wait for the grandbabies.

If a woman hates babies-- for whatever reason-- then she probably shouldn't have any.

We've seen the proof of that on too many fundy blogs. :(

She is using a freshman level science class as an example? Of course a bunch of 18 year old science students are not going to want children. They are still planning their careers and that seems so far off. Plus, there are enough mothers in a university that the non-parenting know exactly how much it fucks with your life. srsly, I would be a straight A student so easily without all these kids to fill my schedule and crowd up my mind.

There are enough people like me, multiplying a few times over, to sustain the population easily if a few healthy women drop out of reproduction. Last time I checked, we were not in some global underpopulation crisis either.

eta: this was on an article that one of the TH's commenters linked to and LMAO

1232712_3cb0.jpg

Yeah, sorry, I really dislike children. But that has nothing to do with feminism. Again, lousy houswife, that word doesn't mean what you think it means.

I have a very low tolerance for noise, it is not just a dislike, I get panicked, sweat and am not able to function normally if it is too loud or if people badger me, come too close etc. But I couldn't get away from my own child. Sure, I'd love it and all, but that wouldn't change the stress the forced round the clock company would have on me. Likely, I'd grow to resent the child for it and that wouldn't turn out well...

crazy-parenting-fails-babies-the-worst.png

yeah

as a feminist I hate babies

I hate them so much I believe they should be consciously concieved, chosen, wanted and valued by willing parents

I hate them so much I belive they deserve to be brought into loving and supportive relationships, with committed parents (biological or non bio) who can care for them emotionally

I hate them so much I think they should be brought up with adequate housing, good diet, exercise, opportunities and the best possible medical care and eduation available

I hate them so much I think they should have parents who can value them as individuals, develop their talents and allow them to grow up and make decisions for themselves

I hate them so much in my ideal world these things would be available to all babies born, of any creed, ethnicity or geography

I hate them so much Ive chosen a professional career that involves providing care to women antepartum, and a sideline in medical work in the third world improving healthcare there

I hate them so much Ive even got some of my own and would be honoured to have more

sure got me bang to rights

I don't hate babies. I think they're cute, actually. (I also realize how quickly cute turns to screaming.) However, I realized a long time ago that I was not of the temperament to have and raise children, and the fact that I take nasty drugs with possible unknown effects on the human fetus sealed the deal.

The lousewife would have us women to pop out children without concern for ourselves, our health or the future of the children themselves. We know that when women are given access to contraception, we don't stop having kids, but we space them because we want the kids we have to grow up healthy and with more opportunities.

I'm a feminist who loves babies, and I know I want to have babies. I also know I want everyone to have babies only if they want to. I would not push a baby on anyone!

Wouldn't say I was in love with babies but I don't hate them either. Kind of ambivalent, tbh. Either way, it's better to have babies if you want them than for the sake of it!

Feminists are making sure that people who hate babies and children, and don't want any, don't have to have them. That's a lot of baby love there, making sure they're all wanted. Personally I love babies. But even people who hate babies aren't going to be as bad for the babies as fundies who have them because you're supposed don't necessarily want them.

I'd say feminists have given more babies the opportunity to be born into families where they're wanted.

yeah

I hate them so much I believe they should be consciously concieved, chosen, wanted and valued by willing parents

I hate them so much I belive they deserve to be brought into loving and supportive relationships, with committed parents (biological or non bio) who can care for them emotionally

I hate them so much I think they should be brought up with adequate housing, good diet, exercise, opportunities and the best possible medical care and eduation available

I hate them so much I think they should have parents who can value them as individuals, develop their talents and allow them to grow up and make decisions for themselves

I hate them so much in my ideal world these things would be available to all babies born, of any creed, ethnicity or geography

I hate them so much Ive chosen a professional career that involves providing care to women antepartum, and a sideline in medical work in the third world improving healthcare there

I hate them so much Ive even got some of my own and would be honoured to have more

And I hate babies so much that I don't think that parents should have the right to beat the devil out of them with branches or plumbing line.

And yeah, I also think that it's good for my kids to think that we had them on purpose, because we love and wanted children, rather than out of a fear of birth control and a conviction that it's my duty to submit sexually to my husband and simply accept children as I would any other form of suffering.

The post, of course, like every other post on that blog, was nonsense. The opinions of a few students in one class do not constitute a statistically valid poll or study. Furthermore, if these people would actually do some real research and speak to older folks who lived in pre-birth control eras, they may realize that the children didn't all have fond memories. One of my grandmother's friends was the oldest of 11, and she recalls crying every time she saw her mother starting to wash and fold diapers again, because it meant that a new baby was on the way.

I don't hate babies. I just like them, you know, *over there* as opposed to *over here*.

It's usually children's parents I can't stand. It is not your kid's fault you ditched the truck this winter going to pick her up from school.

I love babies. Other people's babies.

I don't want kids, and am in no position to have them unless I acquired stepkids by marriage. In that case, it'd be okay; I'm sure that if I did somehow have kids I'd love them and do the best I can by them. But if I have a choice in the matter? I have enough to deal with taking care of myself. Raising children is a huge responsibility and not one that should be taken on lightly. They don't stay babies for very long, after all, and the job if done right doesn't disappear the moment you can pass the kid on to a sibling.

To steal a term from another board, POD (as in peas in a pod, all in agreement) with all FJers who think children should be wanted, not just produced because.

Way to oversimplify - this college student doesn't want to be pregnant right now, therefore she thinks all babies are ebil.

Something big this blogger doesn't take into consideration - babies grow up into people. When deciding whether or not to create a baby and bring it into the world, I consider that it won't always be cute, cooing, and expelling fluids, it would turn into a person. In order to turn it into a good person (instead of a criminal or drain on society) takes love, patience, and work that I'm not capable of. Knowing that having a baby wouldn't be good for said baby (or me) isn't being selfish or feminist, it's a logical conclusion given the evidence. Of course, what do I know, it's only my body - I should let politicians and bloggers decide what is best for me because their opinion differs, therefore mine is wrong.

I'm rather indifferent to babies in general, because, well, they're just tiny people, and I'm rather indifferent to people in general. There are specific kids i really like, and if I could guarantee that my kids would turn out like that, I might actually consider having one or two. But since, unlike fundies, I acknowledge that kids are individuals and have the right to be who they are, I will instead be content with being the fun aunt and enjoy the best parts of raising kids (reading them books, playing games, etc), while returning them to their parents for the unfun parts (diapers!).

I'm also notoriously nasty when I don't get enough sleep. A cranky toddler has nothing on me. I have no doubt I would love a child if I had one, but being a good parent means more than love. There would be days when I simply could not deal and would end up (ideally) handing over the child to someone else and walking away. And if there was no one to hand the child off to? I'd probably walk away all the same, for fear of what I might do if I didn't get space. My dog can handle those days when I kick him out of my room and cocoon into exhaustion. A child probably couldn't. And those times when the child needs to most interaction and connection would be the times I most needed to back off. So me not having kids? That's a good thing.

I'm a feminist and I LOVE babies. I also get evil and cranky when I don't get enough food or sleep, but my crazy inherent biological urge to reproduce apparently ruled over THAT. O_o I don't know how I'm going to do it with 2.... I"m in fact a little bit terrified. And I've decided, I'm probably stopping at 2 because I can't do this over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

teenagers on the other hand..... *shudder* Its a damn good thing I didn't go into teaching that's all I'm gonna say.

My mother was a feminist long before it was the thing to be, back in the 30's and 40's. I was the only kid growing up who had a mother who was a college graduate, along with a master's, and who worked outside the home. My mother did not like babies but she did like older kids and treated them as young adults, not as little kids. I am a feminist, I love babies. And even though I never gave birth I did adopt 3 kids, I love them just as much as if I had given birth to them. My daughter was the first woman graduate in her major at her college. She's the first woman to head a county surveying dept in her state. And she's a Mom who loves babies. She'd like more than the 2 she has, who are 6 1/2 years apart, but she has PCOS and is lucky she's been able to get pregnant twice. Lots of feminists love babies.

I agree that some of the fundie Moms with lots of kids really didn't choose to have so many babies but were coerced by their belief system. I truly wanted 12 kids at one time but after becoming a Mom, no way. I would not have been a good Mom and might have ended up in the looney bin.

I'm a feminist, who also happens to be a housewife AND has a lot of kids (5).

I made the choice to stay at home with my children, a choice to put of a career until after my children are old enough to not need Mama watching them like a hawk.

I am thankful to have that choice.

I'm a feminist, who also happens to be a housewife AND has a lot of kids (5).

I made the choice to stay at home with my children, a choice to put of a career until after my children are old enough to not need Mama watching them like a hawk.

I am thankful to have that choice.

Yes, choice is what it's all about. I am glad I stayed home with my kids until the youngest was in kindergarten. I would have liked to stay home longer but it wasn't to be.

yeah

Are you a troll? Being a feminist means that you get to CHOOSE whether you like babies or not. It's about the freedom to lilke or not, to agree or not disagree. You don't have to not want an occupation that includes babies/toddlers or be a mother to be a feminist, and you can be a feminist and like babies. Again, it's called freedom of CHOICE. Not all feminists are the same. *done with mini rant*

My parents both are feminists, though my father would never describe himself as such because that would be too "assuming". They both adore babies. I'm a feminist and I love babies too, especially babies I can give back. Not having any more babies, even though you adore them, than you can adequately provide for is the definition of love, not hate.

Also, added data point, I didn't want a baby in college either. Heck, I didn't want them till after I'd been married for a while. An 18-year-old me could not have provided nor parented as well as the 26-year-old me did. That you don't want a kid right now, for whatever reason, simply isn't the same as hating them.

Are you a troll? Being a feminist means that you get to CHOOSE whether you like babies or not. It's about the freedom to lilke or not, to agree or not disagree. You don't have to hate babies to be a feminist, and you can be a feminist and like babies. Again, it's called freedom of CHOICE. Not all feminists are the same. *done with mini rant*

I'm almost 100% sure that he or she is pointing out how ridiculous the idea that all feminists hate babies is, because he or she has listed all the good things that feminism does for babies so it's more of a "ya, you crazy fundies are right i hate babies soooo much as a feminist that I want all these great things done for them."

Archived