IGNORED

The ebil feminists are making women hate babies

SpeakNow

@ ElphabaGalinda and penguinagogo: Ah, I'm sorry. * :oops: * It just sounded like a fundie troll wither her grammar.

Count me in as another stay-at-home mom with kids (just 2, though) who is A) a feminist and B) thinks people who don't want kids shouldn't be forced to have them.

HOW HARD IS IT, SERIOUSLY? Feminists are people. People are different. Some people like babies, some want to have babies, some want to parent children, some want to get married, some don't, whatever - there's no FEMINISTS THINK THIS WAY about it. Except for the fact that largely, feminists think that you should get to decide for yourself if you want to have a baby.

I'm a feminist. Go women's rights! And I love babies. I even have one of my own. (Maybe another in a few years, although I'm slightly terrified of what that will do to my health, but I digress.) Women who want to be treated like people does not equal baby-hating terrorists, and I'm not sure how they come about that conclusion, other than deep stupidity.

I think Rebecca West's famous quote sums it up quite neatly "feminism is the radical notion that women are people". :D

I am a feminist and enjoyed the heck out of my babies. I enjoyed (and continue to enjoy) my children at all of their developmental stages (mostly :D ). I can't wait for grandchildren (well, I can wait a few years, but you know what I mean).

It's all about choice. Apparently a very difficult concept. . .

oh dear anxious G!

what did i do to make you think i was fundie?

especially gramatically ?

Im very much here for the snark and have been for some time

@ penguinagogo: I apologize. It's just that you forgot to capitalize at the beginning of sentences and put apostrophe in certain places. I myself made a grammatical mistake by combining with and her. *smacks head in embarassment* * :doh: * I admire that you wish children to be willingly conceived by their parents, but this is reality and sometimes it doesn't work that way. Again, sorry if I'm being an ass.

If a woman hates babies-- for whatever reason-- then she probably shouldn't have any.

This certainly seems clear and straight forward. Not sure why certain people cannot see the complete reasonableness of this proposition.

I am a proud feminist. I believe all people are equal and should have the same opportunities in life. I also love being a mother and consider it my greatest challenge and accomplishment. Thankfully, I was raised by parents who also believe in equality and did not believe in hitting their children with implements of any kind, nor in making them wear fugly clothing, nor in invading their privacy for the all mighty dollar.

oops

im afraid I get quite casual and sloppy on the internets!

(and yes, Im pretty aware of the fact my statements were aspirational and not current reality;I work in a notoriously economically/socially deprived area and see some pretty drastic things on a day to day basis. But I have to keep hoping and working towards something better - kind of Chekovian idea of creating an ideal world on earth rather than hoping and wishing for a heaven. And the sort of ebil feminist principles I gave as an example feed into it pretty well!)

It's funny that a woman who wants poor children left at orphanages that are basically death factories thinks that feminists hate babies.

When I talk to other feminists about social issues, their concern for children is something that comes up A LOT. Even if they don't love the baybeez individually, there seems to be a common thread of concern for their health and well-being. You don't see a lot of this in conservative circles.

Not only do I love baybeez, I love them so much that I could live happily without ever hearing about one being abused or seeing photos of them starving.

It's funny that a woman who wants poor children left at orphanages that are basically death factories thinks that feminists hate babies.

When I talk to other feminists about social issues, their concern for children is something that comes up A LOT. Even if they don't love the baybeez individually, there seems to be a common thread of concern for their health and well-being. You don't see a lot of this in conservative circles.

Not only do I love baybeez, I love them so much that I could live happily without ever hearing about one being abused or seeing photos of them starving.

No! you can only love baybeez if you have eleventy million of them! I don't love baybeez! I only have 1 and another on the way, if I REALLY loved baybeez, i'd have 12!!!!!

Octomom must really love her baybeez!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Heh, it wasn't the feminists who made me hate babies, it was the babies. Not that I actually hate them, I just don't want one of my own. I'm much better at being an aunt that I would be at being a mother.

Oh yes, feminists hate babies.

That's why feminists have pushed for daycare, for maternity benefits, for policies that would benefit working parents (both male and female) and so on... because we hate babies.

I like babies, and children. That's why I want them to be born into homes where they are wanted and cherished and loved - or help them get into that family.

I like parents too, that's why I want to see some of the changes above.

Archived