IGNORED

Facebook Pro-Life Page

FireIsCatching89

They do realize that before Roe, millions of fetuses were killed as well, right? That abortion has existed all through history, and making it illegal does not make it stop? Right?

Also, could they imagine this country with another 50 million people in it right now? Especially when a disproportionate number of the murdered baybeez would have been born with disabilities or into low-income families. With the recession, all the public and private resources that we have are being strained. I'm sure the "pro-life" crowd would be the first to denounce those people who need government assistance to raise the children that they should not be allowed to abort, for any reason, ever.

Well, those with disabilities, like their idea of a Holocaust against fetuses with Downs, are so sweet and precious and here to teach us all lessons about life. I'm not saying a special needs child is worth less than, but it's a fact that they're a lot of work. They're also objectifying these people by placing them on a pedestal, it's like benevolent ableism. They're people, not objects to make a political point!

And finally, I actually said this to my mom (who is also pro-choice) when talking about the whole "would you want your mother to abort you???" thing: if my mother felt it was necessary, yes. I love her enough that I wouldn't want to burden her, or hurt/kill her, or have her hate me and resent me since she was forced to have me. Also, I would have been a FETUS, and no longer living at that, and wouldn't REMEMBER it.

And no, they don't realize that abortions have been one of the oldest medical procedures in history. In colonial America, for instance, early stage abortion was pretty much legal and not stigmatized (before a fetus "quickened," using herbs or whatever to induce an abortion was just fixing a menstrual blockage, and this was seen and advertised as a legitimate treatment). It's just safer now.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Janice Krieger: Like Obama's speach this morning. Genecide should never happen, its immoral. But genecide happens everyday. 5000 babies are murdered by their own parents daily.

Genocide

geno·cide \ˈje-nə-ˌsīd\

Definition of GENOCIDE

: the deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group

But she is using Genecide, I can't find a definition for that.

Genocide

geno·cide \ˈje-nə-ˌsīd\

Definition of GENOCIDE

: the deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group

But she is using Genecide, I can't find a definition for that.

It's for killing germs on genies.

Sort of like this stuff, in the hairdresser's:

barbicide_21oz.gif

A "fan question":

And answer:

Yes, because putting off chemo for nine months is a FABULOUS idea. Shades of Lori Alexander, anyone?

I also HATE when pro-lifers sling the "having kids and breastfeeding them is a way to prevent breast cancer!" fact around. Yes, cancer prevention is great, but that's not a good enough reason to have a child, numbnuts.

Oy vey.

Tell that to my MIL who had a radical double mastectomy for agressive stage III breast cancer at the age of 35.... And she breastfed BOTH of her kids well past the age that most people do it. (one was 2 the other was 2 1/2)

My boss' mother died yesterday of breast cancer. She birthed and breastfed four children. Having children and breastfeeding does NOT immunize a woman against breast cancer.

My boss' mother died yesterday of breast cancer. She birthed and breastfed four children. Having children and breastfeeding does NOT immunize a woman against breast cancer.

No, it doesn't. This is an anecdotal story. When you look at large numbers of women those who breastfed they have a lower incidence of breast cancer. Pregnancy reduces one's incidence.

Breast cancer is not one disease, there are 10 or more types of breast cancer. Estrogen dependent ductal breast cancer, the most common, tends to occur after menopause but can occur in younger women too. Estrogen dependent breast cancer incidence is reduced in women who've breast fed and had pregnancies. Estrogen negative breast cancer is not affected by having breast fed or been pregnant. It tend to more often be a genetic form and occurs in premenopausal women but can occur in older women too. Estrogen positive breast cancer is more responsive to treatment and has a higher survival rate. Estrogen negative breast cancer can be more resistant to treatment.

Men primarily get the estrogen negative, genetic form of breast cancer.

When you hear that someone has breast cancer my first question is always, what kind? What stage? Estrogen dependent?

I highly recommend the bible of breast cancer called The Breast Book by Susan Love, M.D. All women should have this, not just those of us with breast cancer. My breast cancer was invasive lobular, estrogen positive. Lobular is rarer than ductal, and tends to recur. Mine did. I have never been pregnant and I was on HRT for early menopause, thus I was at risk and honestly, always knew I'd get breast cancer. I no longer have boobs but life is good, and boobs do not a woman make.

It's for killing germs on genies.

Sort of like this stuff, in the hairdresser's:

barbicide_21oz.gif

Dead. I died laughing. Thank you. The pictures of 'bad parenting' on the page are getting hilarious. Mmmmm, someone has a martyr complex...

Dead. I died laughing. Thank you.

You are very welcome. But I'm sorry I killed you.

You are very welcome. But I'm sorry I killed you.

That's ok. My parents were about to perform a retroactive abortion on me anyway. Better you did it.

Dead. I died laughing. Thank you. The pictures of 'bad parenting' on the page are getting hilarious. Mmmmm, someone has a martyr complex...

WHere are you seeing the bad parenting stuff?

http://www.facebook.com/LifeBeginsAtCon ... id=3370705

http://www.facebook.com/LifeBeginsAtCon ... id=5260983

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... id=1142551

You might have to scroll up to see the posts since I don't know how to link posts. It was triggered by this post

http://www.facebook.com/LifeBeginsAtCon ... id=5259490

Now she's not a bad mom for formula feeding and calling her as such is out of line. Her reactions are priceless though.

http://www.facebook.com/LifeBeginsAtConception/posts/345249238870675?comment_id=3370705

http://www.facebook.com/LifeBeginsAtCon ... id=5260983

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... id=1142551

You might have to scroll up to see the posts since I don't know how to link posts. It was triggered by this post

http://www.facebook.com/LifeBeginsAtCon ... id=5259490

Now she's not a bad mom for formula feeding and calling her as such is out of line. Her reactions are priceless though.

Thanks!!

One of her comments:

i respect different opinions...im even fine with someone being pro-choice ...but as long as someone isnt degrading or insulting someone else thats when i have a problem...we all have different opinions on different things and thats fine but when someone starts insulting or degrading thats when I get upset .♥ samantha

Really? Hard to tell, from most of the content of the page, calling pro-choice people killers and pro-aborts and other nasty things.

Thanks!!

Oh man, this shit is golden. Mommy wars, but with BAD GRAMMAR and arguments filled with faulty logic. I do wonder why Samantha (who posts all the damn fuck time- JEEEEZ) is so uncomfortable with breasts and thinks breastfeeding is weird. Also, found this little snippet of great interest:

Formula is not horrible for babies. Some of the smartest, healthiest, most successful people I know were strictly formula fed. So many women are devastated when they can't successfully breastfeed, and they don't need closedminded know-it-alls calling them bad moms. This is supposed to be a pro-life page, so these hateful comments are even more out of place here- we want to make it so every pregnant woman HAS to give birth. Then what? She either gives the baby up for adoption (let's pray she can find a family herself and doesn't have to send the baby into the system), or she keeps him. Single mother- no family, no friends, no job, no money, she can't produce enough breastmilk to nourish her baby and suddenly she's a bad mom that's putting horrible things into her baby's system? We are supposed to support life inside AND outside the womb. Besides, the slogan goes "breastmilk is best milk", NOT "breastmilk or NO milk"...

They admit it! Down with women's autonomy!

Also, I loved how one woman under one of the pictures said holding a baby upside down would "twist his intestines". If that were true, I'd be fucked, I loved getting held upside down as a kid. The misinformation and bad writing/argument making is truly astounding, and I'm not even talking about the pro-life propaganda they post from LifeSiteNews (which I also keep up with). But like "Birth control causes abortions!"? Seriously...? Where the fuck do they come up with this shit?

Oh man, this shit is golden. Mommy wars, but with BAD GRAMMAR and arguments filled with faulty logic. I do wonder why Samantha (who posts all the damn fuck time- JEEEEZ) is so uncomfortable with breasts and thinks breastfeeding is weird.

Yes, I find that very interesting. This is the same woman who was posting all sorts of questions about favorite sex positions, trying threesomes, etc. Yet breast feeding is disgusting. She would die if she ever came to my church, where Moms breast feed during Mass.

The bad grammar drives me crazy. Most of these women are very young, but grammar is a grade school subject.

There is one woman on there who is all of 19, works at a donut place, isn't married, and is on clomid for infertility. Maybe God is trying to tell her to grow up first before she has babies.

And the twisted intestines! Jeeze louise, that was really dumb. Better not let your kids do head stands.

Yes, I find that very interesting. This is the same woman who was posting all sorts of questions about favorite sex positions, trying threesomes, etc. Yet breast feeding is disgusting. She would die if she ever came to my church, where Moms breast feed during Mass.

The bad grammar drives me crazy. Most of these women are very young, but grammar is a grade school subject.

There is one woman on there who is all of 19, works at a donut place, isn't married, and is on clomid for infertility. Maybe God is trying to tell her to grow up first before she has babies.

And the twisted intestines! Jeeze louise, that was really dumb. Better not let your kids do head stands.

She'd have a stroke in my medical anthropology class, as today we had a HUGE (40+ minutes) presentation on promoting extended breastfeeding, complete with a mural of celebrities breast feeding. There were a few giggles in class (we ARE undergrads), but really, we just grew up and got on with it. I dunno, but my mom got a double mastectomy for breast cancer when I was 16, with reconstruction six months afterwards, and ever since then, I've been WAY comfortable with any kind of boobie talk. It's just life to me. Boobs. Babies suck from them. Biggggg deeeeal. I can understand formula feeding, and I certainly don't think she's a bad mom for that, but it sounds like she wouldn't even consider the possibility. My mom was in law school when I was born, and she still breast-fed (with the help of a pump and my dad doing his share with bottle feeding) for 23 months. Good thing she did- I already have enough health issues!

And I definitely missed that girl on clomid. How on earth did she get that drug? I don't think any reputable ob/gyn would perscribe fertility treatments for one so young! I'm no medical professional (so I defer to you, NurseNell), but isn't clomid quite strong and can have some wacky side-effects? Some of these girls are against hormonal birth control for what it does to their bodies (and causing breast cancer? that's never been proven!), but freaking CLOMID is ok? *facepalm* Bless you for trying to engage with them. I'd lose my patience, even if I stuck to talking about non-abortion topics.

Could the girl on clomid be a surrogate? I hung on some wacky surrogate boards do a a nutjob surrogate I found on a forum years ago. Folks are desperate for baybees.

Could the girl on clomid be a surrogate? I hung on some wacky surrogate boards do a a nutjob surrogate I found on a forum years ago. Folks are desperate for baybees.

Nope. She wants a baybeeee.

She'd have a stroke in my medical anthropology class, as today we had a HUGE (40+ minutes) presentation on promoting extended breastfeeding, complete with a mural of celebrities breast feeding. There were a few giggles in class (we ARE undergrads), but really, we just grew up and got on with it. I dunno, but my mom got a double mastectomy for breast cancer when I was 16, with reconstruction six months afterwards, and ever since then, I've been WAY comfortable with any kind of boobie talk. It's just life to me. Boobs. Babies suck from them. Biggggg deeeeal. I can understand formula feeding, and I certainly don't think she's a bad mom for that, but it sounds like she wouldn't even consider the possibility. My mom was in law school when I was born, and she still breast-fed (with the help of a pump and my dad doing his share with bottle feeding) for 23 months. Good thing she did- I already have enough health issues!

And I definitely missed that girl on clomid. How on earth did she get that drug? I don't think any reputable ob/gyn would perscribe fertility treatments for one so young! I'm no medical professional (so I defer to you, NurseNell), but isn't clomid quite strong and can have some wacky side-effects? Some of these girls are against hormonal birth control for what it does to their bodies (and causing breast cancer? that's never been proven!), but freaking CLOMID is ok? *facepalm* Bless you for trying to engage with them. I'd lose my patience, even if I stuck to talking about non-abortion topics.

I was thinking the same exact thing! I thought you had be older than that and more financially stable before a doctor would start infertility treatments.

Almost all those fertility drugs end up causing some sort of havoc on a woman's body. They scare me a lot more than Birth control ever would.

I was thinking the same exact thing! I thought you had be older than that and more financially stable before a doctor would start infertility treatments.

Almost all those fertility drugs end up causing some sort of havoc on a woman's body. They scare me a lot more than Birth control ever would.

Fertility drugs are OK though! they make MOAR baybeez!!! Seriously, I don't get the anti-birth control stance, but clomid, and injectible HSG and such are a'ok in their book. But no IVF! because you know the embryos are PEOPLE TOO. I shocked my mom and sister who are both pro-life by telling them that the embryos implanted during IVF are well, literally a clump of cells. it looks nothing like, say a 6 week old fetus.

Those are my thoughts too. She specifically mentioned her doctor doesn't want to use metformin yet so it sounds like she does see a doctor. Of course there are some fertility docs who only care about money. I mean look at Octomom. No reputable fertility doctor would have done IVF on a single, unemployed women who already had a gaggle of kids.

Also, I loved how one woman under one of the pictures said holding a baby upside down would "twist his intestines". If that were true, I'd be fucked, I loved getting held upside down as a kid. The misinformation and bad writing/argument making is truly astounding, and I'm not even talking about the pro-life propaganda they post from LifeSiteNews (which I also keep up with). But like "Birth control causes abortions!"? Seriously...? Where the fuck do they come up with this shit?

Not to mention we'd (almost) all be born fucked. Late-term fetuses spend a lot of time upside-down :roll:

Seriously, they only care about the well-being of embryos/fetuses, but they still can't be arsed to learn anything human development? I know I'm expecting way too much from people who can't even master middle-school English, but they have got to start reading something besides pro-life propaganda.

Ugh, and now Samantha's happily posted about the Arizona law that declares a woman legally pregnant from the date of her last menstrual cycle. If that's seriously true, I'm about 3 weeks preggers, and I drank four cups of coffee today so far- and a bottle of wine over the weekend. Poor nonexistant fetus in my uterus....

But for reals, that law is scary. It's reducing women to being incubators, and it's not so far a fall from that to making it illegal for women of childbearing age to smoke, or drink, or consume caffeine, or any number of things, simply because they may be "pre-pregnant." Theoretically, I COULD be pregnant next month, so I shouldn't drink now? Christ. What happened to autonomy?

Fertility drugs are OK though! they make MOAR baybeez!!! Seriously, I don't get the anti-birth control stance, but clomid, and injectible HSG and such are a'ok in their book. But no IVF! because you know the embryos are PEOPLE TOO. I shocked my mom and sister who are both pro-life by telling them that the embryos implanted during IVF are well, literally a clump of cells. it looks nothing like, say a 6 week old fetus.

The logic honestly baffles me. And then you have the people who are all IVF, Fertility drugs are wrong wrong wrong for anyone to do except for XX person did it then it was okay!! And if I'm remembering correctly most people dont just trash the embryos-most keep them (freeze them) for later use, donate them, or use them all.

Ugh, and now Samantha's happily posted about the Arizona law that declares a woman legally pregnant from the date of her last menstrual cycle. If that's seriously true, I'm about 3 weeks preggers, and I drank four cups of coffee today so far- and a bottle of wine over the weekend. Poor nonexistant fetus in my uterus....

What about me? I've been pregnant since December 1987!!!!!!11eleventy!! I wish this baby would arrive before my death. :o

Archived