IGNORED

Duggars "still trying" for more kids

whit1213

Well, at the very least, any rubber would likely require a *LOT* of AquaNet to keep it in place. I don't think "buy used, save the difference" can apply in this particular situation.....

Hahahahaha - oh dear, there goes my drink :banana-ninja:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had doctors tell me that the rate of multiples actually gets higher as you get older - I've had at least 3 confirmed twin pregnancies, but only carried two long enough to get a live baby, and just one survived each time, so my doctor has warned me that I'm "at risk" for multiples. I've been told that every pregnancy increases that risk a bit - anyone know why? I can easily see Michelle popping out a set of micropreemie twins. I also wouldn't be shocked if she's miscarried since Josie; I suffer from RPL, and know how easy it is for a very fertile woman to get pregnant almost every cycle, and how easily some of those embryos can be lost early on. I don't wish a miscarriage on her, or problems with pregnancy or preterm birth or high-risk multiples - that's WHY I wish she'd stop breeding already! That, and when I look at my 4 month old, I wonder how on earth I could ever give him the time he deserves to be a baby, and to have Mommy's attention as much as he needs it, if I were to have another anytime in the near future. There's just no way.

What we call "trying for another pregnancy" when talking about Jichelle and JB, is really just regular old sex (or not so regular ;)) for the reset of us. I think they are *always* in "trying" mode, honestly.

That's the thing - unless they're using some special medication, what they are doing is no different to what they've always been doing. I wish quiverfullers would be honest and use the words "trying for a baby", because it IS what they're doing. If they know they've tended to get pregnant once a year when they haven't used contraception before, choosing not to use it again is a CHOICE to get pregnant again. (Certainly moreso than anyone who has a contraceptive failure, or starts off not using contraception and keeping their fingers crossed.) They ARE ---CHOOSING---- to have another kid, and they are trying to. The "letting God decide" talk tries to obscure it.

While I am in the "hells yeah they'll keep trying" camp I also have to think that no matter what they were actually doing, she probably feels there is no way she could publicly admit to anything else! If she says that due to various health issues having more would be a Bad Idea, which is what any halfway sane person would say, she'd probably be excommunicated or whatever equivalent might exist. 'Cause that isn't trusting God, ya know.

I've been up all night and am now waiting around for GMA to see what the announcement is.

Hooray for sick babies.

I'm totally in the camp of "she is pregnant again" or "she will get pregnant again at some point."

It can happen out of the blue. One of my clients got the shock of her life about 2 years ago: pregnant at 47. No fertility treatments or anything, she assumed she couldn't conceive any more because of her age and hadn't used birth control in several years. Her daughter is the same age as my twins, totally healthy.

I think they'll end up having one more... I have a feeling it'll probably be a stillbirth though :cry:

Archived