IGNORED

Duggars "still trying" for more kids

whit1213

"Also, why would a family with 19 kids want to adopt? Inquiring minds want to know."

Ratings.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my prediction:

Michelle is trying to avoid pregnancy, because of the shitstorm that would result if she intentionally took on an extremely risky pregnancy while having a special needs child at home. This is probably helped by her reduced fertility, and by them simply not actively trying for a pregnancy. (I don't believe for a minute that they left any pregnancy up to God/nature/chance/whatever; they actively tried for every single one of those.) Jim Bob probably sees the gravy train slowing down, but he knows that another pregnancy would cause it to stop completely.

However, I know of many menopause babies, and I suspect something similar will happen with Michelle in a few years. Either they'll decide after a few years to try for one more, or they'll simply get lax in their rythm method (especially as her cycles become less predictable), and she'll end up pregnant one last time. My dad is a lot younger than his siblings, and my mom has a much younger brother, caused by both of scenarios. Unfortunately, the chances for Michelle's last pregnancy to turn out will are slim-to-none. I'm actually amazed that she hasn't had any miscarriages since that first one. But her luck is running out. It will likely end in miscarriage, but there's also a chance that she'll have another micro-preemie, and this one might be too small to survive. I think any family would have a tough time with a baby dying, but Michelle would take it far worse. I hope for her sake and the potential baby's sake that it doesn't play out this way.

I have a bad, bad feeling that ofJimBoob likely will get pregnant again before everything closes up for good. I wouldn't even put it past them to surreptitiously use some type of fertility treatment as they know much a new baby gives a boost to their fame.

I also think that it might even hurt the public image of them. People have already been wondering how much is too much after poor Josie was born with all her problems. Even if the baby is born perfectly healthy, people are going to wonder why they decided to have another child after a super pre-mature special needs child. And Heaven forbid if the child is actually born with some type of problems.

Hell, I'm just about ready to start a donation drive for JimBoob to get a vasectomy.

I'd be willing to donate to that cause!

I have a feeling Michelle won't get pregnant again. I agree with others, if she does get pregnant, she will have to deal with a lot of criticism. The Duggars don't have as much as supporters as they once did. Some people have gotten fed up with them. I remember reading on topix that locals in their area are starting to dislike them.

How about amply loving the ones they already have?

Get out of here. Good sense has no place in the fundy supersized family world!

I agree that the Duggar oven is probably about worn out. But regardless of how they avoid future pregnancies, they'll say loudly and often that it was God's will. While JimBob sounds dumb in just about everything he says, he does have a primitive publicity chip (probably best attributed to Gothard).

"Also, why would a family with 19 kids want to adopt? Inquiring minds want to know."

Ratings.

I don't know. I think the backlash from that would be as bad, if not worse than another pregnancy. There are so many couples waiting for adoptions to go through who don't have anything near 19 kids + soon to be two grandchildren, and it seems so wrong to put an adopted kid in such a public situation. Plus if the child wasn't *just* born they could have issues in need of extra attention* . . . overall I think it'd be a publicity nightmare.

*I do think if it happened it'd be a newborn through Gothard, like from some fundie teenager who "stumbled in her walk" or something.

The thought of JimBoob and Michelle being intimate makes me want to use a lot of brain bleach.

No kidding!!!! I was about to same something but the image that popped up made me want to take a geodon and sleep for a week!!!

They want an even 20 so badly they're standing on their heads to get pregnant and don't give a damn whether M or the fetus die in the process.

I don't think they're going to have another baby. They will continue to keep trying though. I suspect Michelle may have already been pregnant again, and just not said anything and had a miscarriage. That may happen several times without anyone ever knowing, because they'd never admit that. But I think they're done with the whole letting God plan their family size and they're going to do anything and everything possible to get another kid.

That they've publicly admitted to....

This.

I feel like its almost impossible for her to have had 19 pregnancies in 20+ years with no hiccups besides Josie. I'm sure there's a lot they aren't telling us.

Guest Anonymous

How come a dishonest doctor gave us Octomom, but none will preform Michelle's csection and slip in a tubal or hysterectomy! Still, I really hope God has slammed her womb shut. I know they say it's not "trusting God" to doubt whether you can handle another one for any reason, but come on lady! This really is the old joke of the guy dying in the flood and asking God why didn't you save me?? God says, I tried! I sent the weatherman, the governor with the evacuation order, the guy in the row boat, the guy in the helicopter. I tried.....

There was a 2 year gap between Johanna and Jennifer (a month longer than between Josh and Jana/John David). I've always wondered if a miscarriage or two occurred in there. Since she wasn't taking the birth control pill, wonder on what they would blame the miscarriage? Most the other gaps tend to be 15-16 months.

I'm confused... I thought they waited to see if God would bless them in His time. In other words, TRYING is not okay, although not as bad as AVOIDING. They aren't supposed to take any family planning into their hands, just let go and let God. Isn't that how they put it? So I'm confused. If they state that they're "trying", Michelle must be seriously getting desperate.

I'm personally crossing my fingers that we see the J'slaves washing a whole lot of sweaty sheets in the near future, and Michelle living beside the vents with the C/A cranked up.

I'm 37 and in a single calendar year of trying had three early miscarriages and a pregnancy that finally took. If you don't have fertility issues, and you know your fertile times, it's pretty darn easy to get pregnant and just as easy to have a miscarriage, since there's a bazillion reasons why a fetus doesn't take, especially as you get older. If Michelle and JimBob are fertile enough to have that many live actually born kids, and weren't using birth control in between, it seems completely likely that Michelle has had just as many miscarriages as she has kids if not two or three times more. Far far more likely than that she hasn't had a bunch of miscarriages.

Jim Bob doesn't give a flying rats behind about Michelle. If he did, he would deny himself (since they don't use birth control) before ever subjecting his wife to the possibility of another pregnancy fraught with the complications the last one had. He nearly lost his wife AND baby and he doesn't see anything wrong with continuing to run the risk of another high risk pregancy??? WTF?

And while I'm at it: Michelle have you had all the common sense you should have been born with gothardized right out of you? Have you no sense of self preservation or caring about all those little (and big) kids who could be left motherlesss????? Again WTF?

Shakes head..

SamuraiKatz

I agree with those above who believe she *WILL* be pregnant again. God help us if it is a boy and the j'slaves try to sign her up for TWO more pregnancies to "even up the score." I also agree that there will likely be a miscarriage or two (probably late due to pre-e issues) but they will not "stop trying" (or whatever terminology they prefer for not using BC).

I am going on the record, this 14th Day of June 2011 (my birthday, tyvm!) and saying that God will close J'Chelle's womb via emergency D&C and hysterectomy.

Dear God, please do not allow them to adopt a foreign child.

I'm hoping that this never happens. A child shouldn't be adopted into a family that uses a very strict buddy system. Also a child shouldn't adopted by parents who can't stay home with a baby that isn't 100% healthy.

If I was ever thankful to Bill Gothard for one thing, it would be his being anti-adoption. It's bad enough that bio kids have to put up with his and his cult follower's crap but I would hate to see an adopted child, who has likely already been traumatized, be subjected to it as well.

I truly do believe that Michelle is addicted to being pregnant. And hell, I'm sure Jim Boob doesn't mind one bit in doing his part to provide half of the genetic material. One would also think that putting a rubber on Jim Boob Junior wouldn't come so fraught with a convenient endless litany of moral qualms, but there you have it.

Oh god, what if Michelle has twins again (she's already had two sets). Or triplets.

I truly do believe that Michelle is addicted to being pregnant. And hell, I'm sure Jim Boob doesn't mind one bit in doing his part to provide half of the genetic material. One would also think that putting a rubber on Jim Boob Junior wouldn't come so fraught with a convenient endless litany of moral qualms, but there you have it.

Oh god, what if Michelle has twins again (she's already had two sets). Or triplets.

Well, at the very least, any rubber would likely require a *LOT* of AquaNet to keep it in place. I don't think "buy used, save the difference" can apply in this particular situation.....

Archived