IGNORED

Have we discussed Pinterest?

Karsaroni

What was Lateesha's (how does Jessica spell that?) last name? I'd be curious to see what she pinned. Probably guns and houses with lots of acreage.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The name of Miss Raquel's blog is God's Daughter. She literally says God is speaking through her, so basically if you disagree with her you disagree with God. She writes long posts on purity and courtship and is obsessed with getting married.

God also bought her a horse. For reals.

I thought he was into hams?

8-)

Me, neither. I've tried, but I just can't get into it. . .

I pinned a few things and lost interest. I could see how it'd be good to get traffic to your blog though. If you have a blog.

What's the deal with Pinterest, anyway? I don't get it.

I think it's very aspirational, like if you pin pictures of things you want to make and buy and do you will somehow have the time and money and ability to Have it All

I was surprised how many of the "mainstream" toys Kristina had posted, not quite sure why, guess i just 'assume" fundys would not see them as okay. Though I also sort of was surprised that those toys were still "in" when Kirstina was a kid, because I remember some of them form when I was a kid or at least from when my kid sister was a kid (and she is 41 now). I most certainly remember the Fashion Plates, my kid sister had that and she (well me too) loved it!! Regarding the photos she posted of the clothing she likes, I would assume that high heels are not okay for fundy women, but I guess the general style of the skirts etc. probably are fine for fundies. Speaking of Krisitina, she posted a few new photos of her kids and herself on her Facebook page. Looks like she has lost a good portion of her pregnancy weight, but how long will she be able to "enjoy' her normal figure before she is preggo again? Also guess I have to note that the twins are still in their "unfortunate" looking stage, especially the girl twin, just my opinion.

I have actually made about 5 recipes that I have pinned so far. I am going to try to make homemade "magic shell" today which I got off of Pinterest. :clap:

What was Lateesha's (how does Jessica spell that?) last name? I'd be curious to see what she pinned. Probably guns and houses with lots of acreage.

Knowing Latisha she probably pinned stuff how goat's milk is good for infants. I know her last name. PM me for it.

Me, neither. I've tried, but I just can't get into it. . .

I keep trying. It's the lamest thing EVER to me, but my fiance is all into it--which weirds me out. A lot.

I keep meaning to add things to my Pinterest boards, but it hasn't become a habit. I've always been an avid downloader of pics of things that interest and appeal to me, and I have my own enormous archive of those pictures (it almost fills a 16G flash drive). And since I use them for inspiration for my own projects, rather than bookmarking stuff to buy, I don't usually feel the need to revisit the original website.

Basically, Pinterest makes public one of my already-existing private activities. And while I could see using it to draw traffic to my blog, I just can't seem to get into it. I haven't really tried, though.

I love Pinterest SO much. I didn't understand the point at first, but now...omg, I love it. So many ideas. Yes, I'm lazy and my house is messy and I'll probably never do them, but I like to dream...

I also get stabby when people use the non-word "presh." I pinned a picture of some really cute lace shorts, but the person had written, "Presh shorts for over my swimmer!" Ugh. :violence-axechase:

I love Pinterest SO much. I didn't understand the point at first, but now...omg, I love it. So many ideas. Yes, I'm lazy and my house is messy and I'll probably never do them, but I like to dream...

Me too..

and you know.. my next appartment is going to look awesome ;-)

Just was browsing through Jasmine's Pinterest page again. That girl just breaks my heart! Her travel board just screams "GET ME OUT OF THIS HOUSE". And the last pin on her Things That Make Me Smile board is a girl in a red coat under an umbrella sitting on a front stoop and Jasmine captions it "I wonder what she's waiting for.." The irony of that isn't lost on me and I'm 1000% sure it's not lost on her. Life is just passing her by and now it's documented on Pinterest.

I don't know how I feel about it. I enjoy crafty things, cooking, decorating... but everything on there seems to be in the same "shabby chic"/hipster style. I get it, mustaches are "ironic". Husband and I did stick on mustaches as a joke in a few of our wedding pics so I'm not a hipster style hater, but everything on that site starts to look the same after a while.

I get depressed about not having the time, energy or money to decorate, have kids, garden or cook fancy meals. Day dreaming about it doesn't help.

Hilarious mistake here:

http://pinterest.com/bramblewoodf/favor ... gentlemen/

Aside from "style's", I love that she pinned womenswear on her menswear board. That's for teh ebil gays!!!

Appropriately enough she has quite the sismance going on with Achaia Long* ;)

*The Long family run Marie Madeline Studio which sells fabric and dressmaking patterns - pretty stuff but definitely fundies/fundie-lite. They're close to the Coghlans of LiaS and some of the Coghlan girls have modelled for their site. Ashley of Bramblewood Fashion (modest fashion blog, but she does cute vintage-style outfits) is a Botkinette wannabe (she's posted about them a little on her blog). I would guess they are both VF families.

everything on that site starts to look the same after a while.

I get that same feeling. It seems that there isn't as much variety on Pinterest as there is in other places of the internet.

I like some of the cooking and DIY stuff.

I loathe the little crocheted baby mermaids, the outfit pictures, the wedding rings around newborn toes, the artsy pregnant photography stuff, the damn nail polish (I have a FB friend who spams with nail polish pics too) and the baby-animal-in-palm-of-hands crap.

Wow, really? You didn't know I was being sarcastic? You do get points for calling me stupid and a bad friend based on the fact I don't like Pinterest. 1+2 clearly makes 5 there.

FWIW, it really didn't sound sarcastic to me.

FWIW, it really didn't sound sarcastic to me.

Me neither. :whistle:

Me neither. :whistle:

Yeah, even after re-reading to specifically look for sarcasm, I don't see it.

Audri Botkin has pants pinned that she'll never be able to wear. Poor Audri.

I have often wondered if all these fundies who make money selling their wares are different in private than they are in front of their admirers. Religious fanatics have been duping people for centuries.

I also get stabby when people use the non-word "presh." I pinned a picture of some really cute lace shorts, but the person had written, "Presh shorts for over my swimmer!" Ugh. :violence-axechase:

I love the food and beauty sections.

So, I decided to check out Pinterest.

There's no "register" button, but "request an invite." WTF? The only other ways to join are through Facebook and Twitter, and I hate linking up different accounts.

Miss Raquel is the best. She is so shallow and self-centered yet she views herself as this super deep spiritual person.

Her Pinterest profile: "Known as 'Miss Raquel' in the blogging world. I am a teenager in love with her Savior and treasuring this beautiful life He has blessed me with!"

Yeah, that should def. say "I'm a teenager in love with herself".

I have to admit that I'm currently addicted to Pinterest myself. I certainly see how it could be a SAHD's dream though. Sort of an online hope chest of sorts...

Archived