IGNORED

Josh Duggar's Instagram (Part 2)

Alecto

Now you understand that, when people argue about what "type" of pizza is better (Chicago style, New York style, Greek, etc) they're not quibbling over minute differences - these are entirely different beasts. :D Personally, I'm not a fan of deep-dish with just cheese and sauce, but the meaty kinds are okay; I vastly prefer New York pizza.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Normally I prefer NY style pizza, but I have to admit that photo of the slice of chicago deepdish on a plate has me drooling!

Now you understand that, when people argue about what "type" of pizza is better (Chicago style, New York style, Greek, etc) they're not quibbling over minute differences - these are entirely different beasts. :D Personally, I'm not a fan of deep-dish with just cheese and sauce, but the meaty kinds are okay; I vastly prefer New York pizza.

Good friends of ours are transplanted new Yorkers. One of them went into a RANT the other day about the vast difference between Chicago Style and NY style.

I'm one of those "pizza is pizza unless you're in London" people. ~ We could not for the life of us find a decent AMERICAN pizza place when we were there for 3 weeks. I can't say my MIL who is British didn't warn us....

They made the front page of the Sun-Times.

Just when you thought Josh couldn't possibly get more of a swelled head...

ETA:Could someone please screen cap this? I can't seem to manage it. :oops:

From the article above:

The kids earn 3 cents for each chore they complete.

WTF!?!

The kids earn 3 cents for each chore they complete.

Yeah, there was an article about it awhile back. Three cents to do laundry, clean a bathroom, rub daddy's feet (really), etc. The money is closely monitored so that no kid earns enough to afford being able to leave on their own.

So if your chore is to clean the bathroom, and let's say you do that every single day, then after an entire year they'll have earned about $10 ?!?

Even if they gasp and choke and make themselves rub daddy's feet every night for a year, they're still going to end up with $22/year.

$10 3 cents says they have to give half that back to daddy's church anyway.

Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar arrived in Chicago Saturday night while their children got into town about 2:30 a.m. Sunday after campaigning in Missouri and downstate Illinois.

JB&M fly first-class and the J-slaves get to take care of everybody else on the bus? When exactly does J'chelle do this "mothering" everyone thinks she does?

Priscilla & whats-his-name are in the pic, too. I thought I saw her head in a pic the other day but couldn't see her face.

I wonder what the Duggars will do when Romney eventually wins the Republican nomination? Will they suddenly be OK with him? Or will they launch a write-in campaign? Or will they refuse to vote at all? (or switch parties, haha)

I wonder what the Duggars will do when Romney eventually wins the Republican nomination? Will they suddenly be OK with him? Or will they launch a write-in campaign? Or will they refuse to vote at all? (or switch parties, haha)

They'll temporarily become apolitical at the presidential level. Romney is a flip-flopping liar (so I agree with the Duggars on one thing) and he's on record not that many years ago as being strongly pro-choice. They don't like him anymore than they do Obama.

But how do they explain their own ineffectiveness and irrelevance to the kiddies who've been dragged along and made to believe they're making some kind of difference? Sorry kids, but Satan has won the hearts and minds of Americans once again.

JB&M fly first-class and the J-slaves get to take care of everybody else on the bus? When exactly does J'chelle do this "mothering" everyone thinks she does?

Priscilla & whats-his-name are in the pic, too. I thought I saw her head in a pic the other day but couldn't see her face.

Makes sense, Gothard headquarters are in Illinois, right?

So if your chore is to clean the bathroom, and let's say you do that every single day, then after an entire year they'll have earned about $10 ?!?

Even if they gasp and choke and make themselves rub daddy's feet every night for a year, they're still going to end up with $22/year.

I think they said in the earlier article (or it may have been in the 20 & Counting book) that the older kids worked it out to where they could earn $21/week doing all the chores. Even if you assume the $21 is the total for all the kids, that means each child is doing 10-20 chores every day and has <$1 to show for it. It's a ridiculous set-up. If you're going to pay your kids for their chores, give them a reasonable allowance. OTOH, some families don't pay their kids for chores because they expect them to contribute to supporting the family. Giving them a few pennies a day is just an insult, especially considering the fact that the J'slaves in particular do EVERYTHING in that household.

Josiah has to clean all the bathrooms...

Poor him! Can you imagine the smell??

3cents a chore? What a joke. Makes me detest JB and M even more...

ETA: the 4 eldest girls are writing a book. I sure hope that they get to keep any $$ that they'll make on it. They're legal adults. Hey Boob, don't rip-off yr daughters on their upcoming book, m'kay?

the 4 eldest girls are writing a book. I sure hope that they get to keep any $$ that they'll make on it. They're legal adults. Hey Boob, don't rip-off yr daughters on their upcoming book, m'kay?

Don't worry, he'll give them each 3 cents.

What gets me (beyond the incredible stinginess) is that the girls perform

any number of jobs that they are not paid for. Sure, you clean the bathroom

and get your three cents, but what do you get for dressing, feeding, bathing,

and educating your younger siblings?

I think they said in the earlier article (or it may have been in the 20 & Counting book) that the older kids worked it out to where they could earn $21/week doing all the chores. Even if you assume the $21 is the total for all the kids, that means each child is doing 10-20 chores every day and has <$1 to show for it. It's a ridiculous set-up. If you're going to pay your kids for their chores, give them a reasonable allowance. OTOH, some families don't pay their kids for chores because they expect them to contribute to supporting the family. Giving them a few pennies a day is just an insult, especially considering the fact that the J'slaves in particular do EVERYTHING in that household.

Wait, so isn't this something that will actually encourage the J-slaves to leave and live independently later on? Those girls could set up a cut-price housekeeping service. I imagine there are some Walmart execs who maintain residences in their area. Imagine how hard they'd work for a minimum living wage.

I can see why they don't like illegal immigrants: that's their biggest competition in the job market!

Quote from Rush, who's just starting to use his Twitter account:

I'm not gonna be hanging on Twitter fifteen hours a day and tweeting, ‘I just had breakfast! I hope you have a wonderful day! Bye! Here's a picture of me eating some corn flakes!’ None of that stuff. You don't need to be worrying about that. No, it's just things I want people to see.â€

Doubt that he's referring to our Joshie, but a girl can hope.

01bf9afc71d011e1989612313815112c_7.jpg

As mentioned upthread, thefuckers duggars made the front page. I'll point out (again) that Michelle IS WEARING THE SAME FUCKING SHIRT CAN SOMEONE GET THIS BITCH SOME FUCKING CLOTHES???!~??!?!?!?!?!?!?/1?!

Sorry, got into the wine.

Yet again, she isnt carrying a child.

fa09bd3671fe11e1b9f1123138140926_6.jpg

Hey Smugly, um... I'm really glad that you wasted whatever amount of time it took you to make this "art" but how the fuck is this useful? I couldnt copy that into a browser if I wanted to. Please go back to making useless QR codes, atleast those led somewhere!

Good friends of ours are transplanted new Yorkers. One of them went into a RANT the other day about the vast difference between Chicago Style and NY style.

I'm one of those "pizza is pizza unless you're in London" people. ~ We could not for the life of us find a decent AMERICAN pizza place when we were there for 3 weeks. I can't say my MIL who is British didn't warn us....

don't try them in brazil either... (although a friend told me that they are edible at upscale restaurants, but I'm not paying 100$ for a pizza either)

01bf9afc71d011e1989612313815112c_7.jpg

As mentioned upthread, thefuckers duggars made the front page. I'll point out (again) that Michelle IS WEARING THE SAME FUCKING SHIRT CAN SOMEONE GET THIS BITCH SOME FUCKING CLOTHES???!~??!?!?!?!?!?!?/1?!

Sorry, got into the wine.

Yet again, she isnt carrying a child.

What the fuck kind of headline is "Holy Moly"?

Makes sense, Gothard headquarters are in Illinois, right?

In Oak Brook, which, shockingly :roll: is in DuPage County (the suburban Romney stronghold mentioned in the article). I know, shocked...

eta: this was my 1666th post. Fitting it should be on THIS thread. :evil:

Archived