IGNORED

Michelle & Anna radio interview & Just when we (MERGED)

tabitha2

I'd love to see the looks he'd get if he ordered biscuits and gravy for breakfast. *snerk*

Do tell!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should sleep in those old-fashioned caftans from the 70s. I found one (at a thrift store no less!) and it's so comfortable because I am basically wearing a blanket. They could easily make them out of any soft fabric, and there's no way anyone will think of sex when they see you wearing it.

Aren't biscuits another word for cookies in the UK?

Yes here in the UK the normal word for cookies is biscuit. The word cookie is used for a certain type of biscuit.

I just listened to the radio interview with Michelle and Anna. Michelle said she would like to go to Ireland and they will talk about it, but did say they would travel to another country. I could imagine them going to Israel and visiting the Holy Land. Not sure if that's in the picture, but it would be something they would enjoy.

Also, Anna thinks "cloth diapers are a lot of fun." Girl REALLY needs to get out more!!! Just saying...

Yes, "Cloth diapers are fun!" Really? Been there, done that, and while it saved me a lot of money, at no point did "fun" ever enter into the equation. I think Anna may have been at a loss for words and "fun" seemed to be encouraging.

3 years of marriage to Smuggar, and she's brain dead. Sad.

And has anyone been keeping up with Smuggars facebook wall? It's all pictures of restaurant food. With a couple of baby pictures thrown in. No wonder he's so fat. All he thinks about is his next meal. And eating out all the time isn't very "economical". I guess chickenetti gets old after a while.

I would like to see Boob in Ireland. Knowing him he would look like an ass as always trying to talk with people.

I could imagine them going to Israel and visiting the Holy Land. Not sure if that's in the picture, but it would be something they would enjoy.

I would give a million shekels to see JimBob pelted with stones for wearing short sleeves in Mea Shearim, or hauled off by security for doing something stupid.

I just listened to the radio interview with Michelle and Anna. Michelle said she would like to go to Ireland and they will talk about it, but did say they would travel to another country. I could imagine them going to Israel and visiting the Holy Land. Not sure if that's in the picture, but it would be something they would enjoy.

Also, Anna thinks "cloth diapers are a lot of fun." Girl REALLY needs to get out more!!! Just saying...

Go visit diaperswappers.com. Those people are OBSESSED with cloth diapers. Like the high-light of the day is getting them in the mail. There are threads just devoted to diaper pictures.

I would love to see them go to Scotland and the men wear kilts! Honestly though, all the English speaking countries are way to liberal, Maybe they would like a nice Islamic country to vacation in, since they keep similar modesty standards.

I don't think the "no pjs downstairs" rule is based in sex (god, at least I hope not!)

My mom had a similar rule for my sister and I - when we did our school work, we had to be dressed and with shoes on. And school started at 8am (we were homeschooled), so we were expected to be at the table and dressed and with chores done at that time. She felt that it would help us take our work more seriously, and I do kind of understand where she was coming from with that. To this day, if I get up and flop around the house in my pj's I get nothing done - if I get up and get dressed (even if it's just jeans and t), I'm more productive with my day.

However, I slept in regular pj's or nightgowns, not a stretchy skirt and polo shirt. That's just weird. Maybe they save $$ that way? Once their day clothes get old/worn looking, they relegated to nightware, so they don't have to buy pj's? Still stupid and uncomfortable-sounding to me, though.

I would give a million shekels to see JimBob pelted with stones for wearing short sleeves in Mea Shearim, or hauled off by security for doing something stupid.

Like Jessa wearing her gaudy star of David necklace? Or the JB asking Israelis what it was like to kill Jesus. Oh God TLC, PLEASE FILM IT!

I agree for the suggestion for the Duggars to go Israel. i have always wanted the Duggars to meet Jews mainly because my boyfriend's friend and fiancee who are Jewish can't stand how the Duggars follow certain dietary beliefs as non-Jews.

Somehow I think that the trip out of the US will just be another trip to El Salvador, or maybe Peru, which seems to be Gothard's new target Catholic country.

I agree for the suggestion for the Duggars to go Israel. i have always wanted the Duggars to meet Jews mainly because my boyfriend's friend and fiancee who are Jewish can't stand how the Duggars follow certain dietary beliefs as non-Jews.

I may be opening a big can of worms, but...

Why does it bother them? The Duggars follow Mosaic law, but they don't practice kosher laws (at least, as far as I know.) Some 7th Day Adventists don't eat pork or shellfish because of the OT, but it's not because they are trying to be Jewish - it's just part of their faith. Are they bothered by Muslims not eating pork as well?

I've known plenty of Jews, and none of them were offended that I don't eat pork. If anything, they seemed to appreciate it because any time I brought food into work they knew it was from a pig-free environment and that I was more likely to respect their kosher requirements as well.

I'm not trying to be combative. I'm genuinely curious because I really don't understand why what I choose to eat or not eat would offend someone (and I'd hate to think that someone I know could be secretly offended by dietary choices.)

About the not wearing PJs downstairs and "defrauding" brothers with your psuedo-nakedness (PJs)... I can see why the Duggars would want to be protective of the kids seeing each other nakee, especially with the emphasis they give on modesty.

You have to consider how they are raised-- it's not like most people, who have ~2 siblings-- these kids are raised in a classroom. They may be all different ages, but the variance between each subsequent child is usually less than 18months. I can honestly see this as being sexually confusing-- though it really makes me sick to even think about it.

When Jackson (I think) and Hannie were talking heads for this last episode, Hannie whispers something about playing "Mom and Dad" with Jackson. Jackson turns beet red and goes, "did you hear that? no? good." It creeps me out because that's something I would do with one of my "boyfriends" in elementary school (they were really just boys who I ordered and pushed around... hehe).

My point is... when all you know about the world is your family (who are also your only real friends) and strangers (who are almost always inaccessible), what else is a child going to do with sexual energy? There's bound to be at least one confused Duggar in the bunch.

However, I do have to say... DQ and Boob wouldn't have this problem if they let their kids dress in whatever they wanted. If you see your sister's thighs every day, glimpsing them behind a nightgown isn't gonna do anything for you.

I think it's natural to find some thing that we can be better at that other people. Maybe it's just cause I grew up fundie, but I always find myself tempted to think of myself as more righteous just for doing something a little better or different than others. It's a sin to be prideful and arrogant, unless it's about your religion (that's how people treat it not how it should be I mean).

This will sound sick but I think not wearing Pj's downstairs might be their way of protecting the boys from viewing the girls in a sexual manner. At one point, the Harris Brothers survey had a question asking men if they ever found their family members physically arousing. A disturbing number of respondents to the poll said, yes. That question has since been removed from The Rebolution site, but it was there.

I think this might be the reason for no PJs. I wonder if repressed fundie boys find anything sexy because they retrained to feel that way.

I would say cloth diapers are fun. I don't love washing them but buying new ones especially ones with cute patterns is fun kind of like buying baby clothes is fun.

Ummmm Cousin Amy has a picture of Joy Joy wearing a night shirt... DONT LIE TO US MICHELLE DUGGAR!!!!!

Guest Anonymous
I would like to see Boob in Ireland. Knowing him he would look like an ass as always trying to talk with people.

We'll know they were there when Ireland declares war on the United States!

I wonder if he even knows anything about Catholicism or St. Patrick (beyond Green things and beer). I would watch or even pay to watch him make an idiot of himself.

I wonder if he even knows anything about Catholicism or St. Patrick (beyond Green things and beer). I would watch or even pay to watch him make an idiot of himself.

Kissing the Blarney Stone would be a redundancy.

PS: Love your avatar bust of Anne Boelyn's bust. NIKE!!!!!! :dance:

Haha. Thanks. I love her, so I couldn't resist. Plus, she was a woman fundies would have hated (despite what Dougie thinks). She had opinions, was well educated and known for speaking her mind. I was going to just use a picture of Natalie Dormer but then I found the iconic B necklace as just a bust and thought, "Jackpot. Suck on that fundies."

Guest Anonymous

Save your money, he'll do it soon enough for free.

Archived