IGNORED

Michelle & Anna radio interview & Just when we (MERGED)

tabitha2

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, didn't see the other thread that was put up an hour before mine. Sorry, I can't delete! :confusion-helpsign:

Michelle and Anna appeared on Living the Dream Mom Radio this morning with all kinds of announcements. Someone actually braved listening to the entire thing with that baby voice in full force. You'll find the link to the podcast on the right side...if you dare...

http://www.toginet.com/shows/livingthedreammom

But if you can't stand listening (I couldn't) they've figured out new ways to whore themselves out without having more kids. Three of the older ones (Jana, JD, Jill) will be going on a month-long mission trip to Peru which TLC will certainly scrub free of cult influences. On the courting front, I wonder if that Jennifer girl, or the other Anna will be going; JD needs a wife to Keep up With the Bateses.

IIRC, Peru another of Gothard's international mission strongholds, but I refuse to go to the IBLP website to confirm a mission trip is happening.

Even worse, they're planning an international family trip later this year. Can you say "Ugly American?" I knew you could.

Ugh, not that I don't care about the people they evangelize to in southeast Asia and wherever else they evangelize, but the fact that Gothard runs missions to Peru just makes me sick. I have a soft spot for Peru because my 10th and 12th grade Spanish teacher was from Peru and so we studied the country extensively in 10th grade. The poor Peruvians already had to deal with Francisco Pizarro and now they have to deal with Gothard, too? Seriously, the Incan people and their descendants should not have to put up with this bullshit. They've dealt with more than enough already.

Anna admits that her "college" was not College Plus, unaccredited and distance-learning.

FINALLY confirmation of what we knew all along.

Anna is a MODEL ATI girl-uneducated,unambitious and never any intention of doing anything other than what she was trained from birth to do-be a home schooling mother of many and a submitting wife.But I do wonder what she was like at Johanna Duggars age...

Ohhh sad. SOTDRT, you fail. The very worst of it was when she was talking about her education, and her goal to be the primary educator of her own children. I really hope she was just nervous.

Wow. Anna really tows the line, doesn't she? Her hobby is her family? Didn't Jim Bob say that his kids were his hobby?

And Michelle, stop with the boys and girls are so different crap. The way she talked about obedience training sounded just like training a dog. I think the host was a little taken aback by that little spiel. And after the long-winded, nonsensical response to the question about how to get your husband to agree to leave the size of the family up to God, I think she was probably thinking "Get this nutcase off my show!"

The Duggars in Ireland? It's full of Catholics! And pubs! That doesn't seem like their cup of tea.

they're planning an international family trip

I guess they figured if Kate Gosselin could get a boondoggle trip to New Zealand/Australia out of TLC, they should be able to do better than Niagara Falls in a bus.

But really, this was almost inevitable. And it gives me hope. Because every time one of these TLC famewhores gets a big overseas trip, it seems like the beginning of the end. Roloffs - UK/Europe...off the air. Gosselins - NZ/Australia...plummeting ratings. Duggars - who knows where (how about a nice Buddhist nation like Bhutan?)...we can only hope this will be the final push of the ledge.

All of the girls - including Michelle - sleep in "stretchy" skirts and polo shirts?

What is it with the polo shirts? I can't imagine sleeping with a collar like that around my neck.

I thought they were Scottish. At any rate, Boob won't need a translator...oh wait...between the accents and vernacular, he'll be as lost as he is in El Salvador.

I'd love to see the looks he'd get if he ordered biscuits and gravy for breakfast. *snerk*

Or how about a TLC cross-over with the Irish Travellers; that would be ratings gold! Imagine the Duggar girls' horror at a Thelma Madine creation. Heck, they both live on the fringes of society, they're woefully under-educated and subscribe to strict gender roles, the girls are virgins when they marry (supposedly), you can't divorce and wives have babies until they drop dead around age 40. Aside from denominations and stripper vs. modest wear, the Duggars in their Magic Bus have a lot in common with the gypsies! *giant winky*

marmalade, you're a GENIUS!

I would pay good money to see one of the Duggar girls in a Traveller wedding dress...maybe the dress that lit up? You know, the one they all seemed afraid was going to burst into flame during the wedding? The fire hazard itself wasn't funny--I'm just including it for clarity of reference. But the Traveller bride dancing with her groom while wearing the light-up dress was hi-larious...

Guest Anonymous
The Duggars in Ireland? It's full of Catholics! And pubs! That doesn't seem like their cup of tea.

My condolences, both to the Catholics and the pubs.

If I have to hear the words 'blessing', 'joy', 'encouragement' 'special' 'aannnnd' 'ummmm....' 'but' one more time, I will shoot myself. Also Michelle, a "book writer" is called an author, you dolt!

ETA: My all time least favorite word: "hubby". I also love Michelle's rambling non-answers. She never gives one simple, concise explanation, but rather a rambling mess. Michelle and all of the J'slaves basically wear their same uniform to bed i.e. polos and skirts? That seems very stifling. Who wants to wear a polo shirt to bed in the summer? They are so bizarre. They also have a rule that no one is allowed to wear their PJs downstairs in the living area/kitchen. Why? It seems like these kids can't ever feel like they're truly at home, but rather in a religious conference of sorts. One of my favorite memories as a kid was waking up on Saturday morning in my PJs and watching cartoons in the living room. It's so sad that the Duggar children can't ever experience "normal" childhood memories without feeling like they've committed some huge sin.

It seemed inevitable that they'd eventually go on an international trip. These TLC "reality" shows are incredibly formulaic.

All of the girls - including Michelle - sleep in "stretchy" skirts and polo shirts?

What is it with the polo shirts? I can't imagine sleeping with a collar like that around my neck.

Ok, I haven't listened to the interview, but...we've seen the girls in their sleepwear before. On the moving in special, they showed them all in their new matchy room, and they were wearing some kind of frilly Victorian-looking nightgowns. Also not exactly what I'd call comfortable, but they were definitely not polo shirts. Plus we saw Hannie in her brand new gymboree getup in one of the eps before xmas. Was she only talking about the adult girls?

This is the problem with Lying For Jesus while simultaneously pimping your family out to national tv.

I've seen Michelle in a long nightshirt in one of the specials, maybe when they moved into their palace. It covered her knees and I guess it was technically a dress, but it was baggy enough to be comfortable. I can't imagine sleeping in a polo shirt, especially because I prefer long shirts that won't ride up. But I wonder if they have to wear bras to sleep if they are wearing polo shirts, because sleeping in a bra is so uncomfortable for me.

This will sound sick but I think not wearing Pj's downstairs might be their way of protecting the boys from viewing the girls in a sexual manner. At one point, the Harris Brothers survey had a question asking men if they ever found their family members physically arousing. A disturbing number of respondents to the poll said, yes. That question has since been removed from The Rebolution site, but it was there.

This will sound sick but I think not wearing Pj's downstairs might be their way of protecting the boys from viewing the girls in a sexual manner. At one point, the Harris Brothers survey had a question asking men if they ever found their family members physically arousing. A disturbing number of respondents to the poll said, yes. That question has since been removed from The Rebolution site, but it was there.

That is so creepy. Although, I wonder if they even know what attraction is or if they're so repressed yet hypersexualized that they see an elbow and think they've committed some kind of sin. You know I've seen people in my family in Pjs and even underwear and it doesn't phase me because I can separate "nakedness" from sex. I wonder if these fundies can. I hope it is the case, because genuine attraction is just too creepy to think about.

The skirts and polos was the thing that got me. I don't why but I always pictured those girls in regular PJs. Then I remembered that would mean wearing pants. One can dream. But I don't understand why they can't just wear nightgowns. I'm a huge fan of nightgowns they're very comfortable. Mind you, half the ones I own would make them keel over but they do make those nightgowns that are basically a long, baggy T Shirt with designs on them. I have a few of those. They're just like giant sacks really. Why can't they wear those? Poor girls.

Is the host a Conservative Christian/Fundie Light?

In one of the earlier specials, Michelle got up in the night to put laundry in the dryer. SHe had on a nightgown with leggings/pants underneath.

I am modest and that I what I do on nights I want to wear a night shirt instead of PJs. I always have kiddos around and I don't want to flash my undies by accident.

I also wear a sleeping bra. I just feel more comfortable with some type of support for the girls.

Guest Anonymous
It seemed inevitable that they'd eventually go on an international trip. These TLC "reality" shows are incredibly formulaic.

How will Boob say "back-o out of the way-o" in French?

Oh gosh I hope they stick to an English-speaking country. I know many countries may as well be English-speaking but there are still all the signs and advertizements and with how bad the supervision is I imagine the freak-out factor for a lost kid would be much worse since they wouldn't necessarily know that 90% of the people around them are fluent in English.

How will Boob say "back-o out of the way-o" in French?

Bah-kay out of le way, see voo play?

Archived