IGNORED

Maxwell Conference Spring 2012

Justme

I guess I really don't know what constitutes emotional fulfillment in a marriage when there is such a power differential between the husband and wife.

Emotional fulfillment is just a worldly concern cooked up by those ebul psychologists. Happy is the only acceptable emotion. What makes the husband happy? Sex and having his underlings worship him. What makes the wife happy? Babies and a man to worship. If they're not happy with those things (and Jesus, of course), it's just they're sinful nature getting the better of them and it's off to the prayer closet.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I read the title of the post all I could think of was "Speed Courting for Fundies"

Each Child is accompanied by their father and is allowed to sit across from a boy/girl for a time period of three minutes so that the father can alternately quiz the other parent, shoot nasty looks and quote bible verses to prove superiority. Girls are not allowed to talk or look up from their shoes.

When I read the title of the post all I could think of was "Speed Courting for Fundies"

Each Child is accompanied by their father and is allowed to sit across from a boy/girl for a time period of three minutes so that the father can alternately quiz the other parent, shoot nasty looks and quote bible verses to prove superiority. Girls are not allowed to talk or look up from their shoes.

:lol: Welcome reds! You are gonna fit right in here! :P :P

Courtship and Preparation for Marriage

Steve Maxwell

Time: 1 hour

Most homeschooled youth have heard about courtship, but they wonder what it actually is and how it would work out in their lives. In this session, these areas will be addressed plus a discussion of what you can do to be prepared for marriage, preserving purity of heart and boyd.

Search Titus2.com

Titus2.com © 2007 Managers of Their Homes/Steve and Teri Maxwell

:D :D

Up til now, the 'teen' sessions were just run by the Maxwell "children". Though Steve would never have allowed his children to attend "teen sessions" for fear of ungodly influences...

I suppose he has to run the courtship session though - it is not as if any of the remaining "children" could speak with authority on the matter. :shock:

As if Steve can speak with any authority on the matter.

I don't know how the Maxwells can speak about courting when 30 year old Sarah has no courting prospects. And don't they have other boys who are of courting age? Whatever the Maxwells are doing isn't working, and even the fundiest of fundies have to see that.

I don't know how the Maxwells can speak about courting when 30 year old Sarah has no courting prospects. And don't they have other boys who are of courting age? Whatever the Maxwells are doing isn't working, and even the fundiest of fundies have to see that.

Yes, John and Joseph are of courting age, as is Anna. The only two kids under 18 are Jesse and Mary.

Yes, John and Joseph are of courting age, as is Anna. The only two kids under 18 are Jesse and Mary.

If I were super fundie I would definatly see Sarah, John and Joseph all failures of the courting system. Even Christopher can be counted as a failure of the system, since he was fairly old for fundie standards when he married Anna Marie, who isn't much younger, so that's less arrows Christopher can put in his quiver than if he had married younger. Although Anna is over 18 she still seems a little young to call her lack of courtship a failure of the system, but I doubt she'll be courting soon. The Maxwells need to get some of their kids married a little younger or no one will ever take their courting advice again.

If I were super fundie I would definatly see Sarah, John and Joseph all failures of the courting system. Even Christopher can be counted as a failure of the system, since he was fairly old for fundie standards when he married Anna Marie, who isn't much younger, so that's less arrows Christopher can put in his quiver than if he had married younger. Although Anna is over 18 she still seems a little young to call her lack of courtship a failure of the system, but I doubt she'll be courting soon. The Maxwells need to get some of their kids married a little younger or no one will ever take their courting advice again.

Though they'll never admit "it", Chris was hot to court for many years before wedding at 31 or 32. He even had a broken courtship a few years prior. I think we'll see John or Joseph wed when Grandpa & Gigi can no longer stay in their home. (One of the boys will buy it.) I'm still hoping John will find his "spunk" once again and fly away..... I also think John Marie is pre-courting Anna. :P

If they can get Anna and Mary married off, maybe they can spin the Sarah thing, though. "Look! We kept our oldest daughter for a slave for life and still got the rest of the girls out of the house. Win/win!"

Most homeschooled youth have heard about courtship, but they wonder what it actually is and how it would work out in their lives. In this session, these areas will be addressed plus a discussion of what you can do to be prepared for marriage, preserving purity of heart and boyd.

Boyd who? Might he be related to the famous Goldy?

I also think John Marie is pre-courting Anna. :P

Forgive my newbiness, but do they really do pre-courting before the courting? No wonder they still have single 30 year old SAHD.

Forgive my newbiness, but do they really do pre-courting before the courting? No wonder they still have single 30 year old SAHD.

I use the words "pre-courting", it's not something I've ever heard a fundie use. John Marie has paid a couple of overnight visits to the Maxwell home without any of his family members. In the fundie "world", whole families visit whole families. I think he's "scoping" out Anna.... ;)

Boyd who? Might he be related to the famous Goldy?

That was the first thing I noticed. With such careful attention to detail, no wonder their schedule is so... Oh.

Where were they when I needed them? Hell, I still need them, I'm not that far out of the teen years. Mentally sometimes not at all, anyways. I hope they book one close to me, I do want to go back!

Archived