IGNORED

Ron Paul is a racist, part 2

lindsey

Apologies if this has been discussed already, but I just saw it and had to post:

Apparently Anonymous has been doing raids on White Supremacist groups and in their attempts to bust one of them they stumbled on a Ron Paul connection.

Basically what they discovered is that not only do Ron Paul's advisors meet up with the leaders of Nazi groups, he himself has met up with members of that group and has been in conference calls with the people in charge.

There's also a mention of him posing with the creator of stormfront.org (which is legit if you google "Don Black Ron Paul") which I believe has been discussed here and is a cesspool of racism and sexism and probably many other -cisms.

I have my problems with Anonymous, but there is no reason they would make this up.

Sadly it doesn't seem to matter though going by the comments. The Paul supporters seem to be just fine and dandy with anything their idol does because they truly bought into the lie that he will give them ALL THE FREEDOM!.

Unless you're black of course. Or a woman. Or gay. For everybody else it totally goes though. Unless your local government decides differently of course, but that is not Rons fault! He's just wants to be president, not have to bother with this civil rights stuff, damnit.

Here's one link that has some of the info.

addictinginfo.org/2012/02/01/ron-paul-exposed-as-white-supremacist-by-anonymous/

Ron Paul has enjoyed the support of militias and right wing groups for years. They admire his position on states rights. Early in this campaign many of his racist comments in his news letters were brought up. He danced a bit, said they were ghost written, then admitted to writing them, and then said he didn't . I think the press has put these issues on ignore since he isn't a real contender.

I think that some of the right's support for Paul comes from a fear that a Mormon might become president.

And I think that many of them are racist too. I have seen a few people post on Facebook that they support Ron Paul, but the majority of the people also post racist things on Facebook too.

I think it is really important that the racist stuff with Ron Paul is brought out. I think there are many people who buy into his

"Get out of Wars" "Pot should be legal" get the government off your back thing ... without looking any deeper.

I know several people who are otherwise pretty tolerant / liberal who like Ron Paul.

I think it is really important that the racist stuff with Ron Paul is brought out. I think there are many people who buy into his

"Get out of Wars" "Pot should be legal" get the government off your back thing ... without looking any deeper.

I know several people who are otherwise pretty tolerant / liberal who like Ron Paul.

But that is what scares me so much about the people responding to these stories.

They're all "so what if he is racist, as president he would never make a FEDERAL law to reverse civil rights!" completely ignoring that he would LET individual states make those laws.

Or even stuff like "so what if he is racist, at least he isn't for SOPA/PIPA !!11eleventy!!".

I mean, I agree that SOPA/PIPA (and ACTA) were/are horrible pieces of legislation, but putting your ability to share files online above other people being allowed to fucking live? What the ever-loving fuck!

Oh Ron Paul, you creepy old racist. I've seen perfectly liberal friends on FB drinking the Ron Paul kool-aid as well and claiming that he never said the things he said, he never wrote those news letters, etc.

I'm gonna leave this gem here because I would really like to know what he considers 'an honest rape':

“If it’s an honest rape, that individual should go immediately to the emergency room, I would give them a shot of estrogen.â€

Ron Paul frightens me, seriously.

We expect those that hold hateful ideologies to be screaming fanatics, and Paul is not one of those. He presents as a very congenial, pleasant, rational human being. Which is why he is so dangerous: I also have extremely liberal friends who think he's an "ok guy, if you have to go with a Republican", and would run screaming into the night if they had the full picture.

Ron Paul frightens me, seriously.

We expect those that hold hateful ideologies to be screaming fanatics, and Paul is not one of those. He presents as a very congenial, pleasant, rational human being. Which is why he is so dangerous: I also have extremely liberal friends who think he's an "ok guy, if you have to go with a Republican", and would run screaming into the night if they had the full picture.

Me too.

My family does not understand why I dislike Paul so much. Hopefully this will help shed some light on it.

Im glad Anonymous is making this public. Good on them.

I'm going to be blunt here--they're idiots. Ron Paul is NOT NOT NOT a libertarian. Rather, he is what is known as a "Tenther." He believes that if it's not explicitly spelled out in the Constitution or amendments, those powers are reserved to the states.

In practice, this is how it would play out. Paul is against the Federal government having laws against sale or possession of marijuana. But he would have absolutely NO PROBLEM with the States making those laws. He'd be against the feds having an official state religion, but if Texas wanted to make Christianity the state's state religion, that'd be perfectly fine with him. Same with every other hot-button issue. If the state enacted the law, he would have absolutely no problem with it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenther_movement

Tenthers would destroy the Constitution and take us back to the remarkably unsuccessful Articles of Confederation. I have no respect for them, none.

These little tidbits about Ron Paul need to be made more public.

My parents, who are voting "End war, legalize marijuana" completely dropped all support for Paul after the recent news about his racism. My stepfather said Paul is an anti-Semite also, I haven't heard anything about that but I am not shocked or anything.

My parents are not religious Jews, but they have a high level of identification with Jewish culture. And they dislike racism, a lot.

A lot of liberals are considering Paul, but everyone has their own thing that is unforgiveablee in a candidat, whether it is anti-choice or racism or whatever.

Guest Anonymous
After some research I found this link about Ron Paul's association with Bill Johnson (a white supremacist).

http://opinion.latimes.com/opinionla/20 ... tatem.html

So you're going with the "oh but it was a mistake" "Ron Paul didn't know that dude/organization/newsletter was racist" defense.

In any event, Paul himself appears to be taking the matter seriously enough that he has renounced his end of the affiliation. Here is an email we just received from Paul's congressional chief of staff Tom Lizardo:

Over the past several weeks, I have also been involved in assisting Dr Paul with the consideration of candidates who are seeking his endorsement for their campaigns. We have gone through the process of setting up a method by which candidates are to be considered for such endorsements. During that period, we have also received and reviewed requests from dozens of candidates.

Although Bill Johnson's name ended up on the endorsement list, he did not go through this process. In light of this fact, and in light of the revelations regarding his past statements and associations, Dr Paul has retracted the endorsement and hopes that, in the future, the process that has been put into place will mitigate the likelihood of similar errors.

Several commenters claim that they know Bill Johnson and he couldn't possibly be a racist. We make no judgments on what Johnson believes in his heart, only on what he has publicly advocated. But Paul, whose attentiveness to such matters has not always been impressive, deserves credit for taking quick action in this case.

That is so much bullshit. Ron Paul's not sorry he endorsed a racist, he's just sorry he got caught doing it.

Not that this is a surprise, coming from you. As long as someone wants to take away reproductive rights from women, you're cool with them. Fuck yourself and fuck off.

I'm going to be blunt here--they're idiots. Ron Paul is NOT NOT NOT a libertarian. Rather, he is what is known as a "Tenther." He believes that if it's not explicitly spelled out in the Constitution or amendments, those powers are reserved to the states.

Thank you for this - very informative.

I'm pretty out there on the left, and I've seen a few people who legitimately are upset with Obama for maintaining and even increasing the war and sketchy war practices including a massive increase in drone use (which I agree with them are a very big problem) be somewhat wooed by the siren call of Ron Paul. It's a one-issue thing - "Ron Paul is the only candidate who is against the War." Occasionally some will then bring up his supposed support for legalizing marijuana.

Yet - as someone who is very much NOT in favor of some supposed wonderful fully free market (at ALL) I'm already not about to say it's a good tradeoff. And that's even without bringing in the racist ties.

Ordinarily these are people who would stay the heck away from the Libertarian Party for economic reasons alone, but there's a sort of "yeah but we've got this really big issue..." going on this year, so it's nice to have some other information to look at. Knowing that he's more than happy to let the states enact various odious bits of legislation might make him a bit less attractive.

It looks like the first link is down.

Here is another one to a similar article.

examiner.com/anonymous-in-national/hunting-nazis-anonymous-snares-ron-paul-operation-blitzkrieg

So you're going with the "oh but it was a mistake" "Ron Paul didn't know that dude/organization/newsletter was racist" defense.

I'm not going with anything. Ron Paul is who Ron Paul is. Maybe he's a white supremacist. Maybe he's who he says he is. I was just showing a story from 2008 that I found.

I'm pretty out there on the left, and I've seen a few people who legitimately are upset with Obama for maintaining and even increasing the war and sketchy war practices including a massive increase in drone use (which I agree with them are a very big problem) be somewhat wooed by the siren call of Ron Paul.

I agree that the war and the drone missiles are huge issues. At least, with me they certainly are.

And Jericho, since when is an opinion piece evidence of anything?????

I agree that the war and the drone missiles are huge issues. At least, with me they certainly are.

And Jericho, since when is an opinion piece evidence of anything?????

I thought the quote from Paul in the "opinion piece" was the informative part. Disclosure, I'm not a Ron Paul supporter, but I do think he has some good ideas.

I'm glad for Paul and Santorum. They're helping divide up the far-right nuts ultimately helping Romney. If the nuts wanted to ban together and keep that first Mormon our of office (sarcasm, I like the guy so far), they could all vote for Newt. Instead some of the votes Newt could consider his, since he claims to be Christian and all, are being wasted on assholes who don't have a chance at winning the Republican seat, much less the White House.

I'm glad for Paul and Santorum. They're helping divide up the far-right nuts ultimately helping Romney. If the nuts wanted to ban together and keep that first Mormon our of office (sarcasm, I like the guy so far), they could all vote for Newt. Instead some of the votes Newt could consider his, since he claims to be Christian and all, are being wasted on assholes who don't have a chance at winning the Republican seat, much less the White House.

We don't know how the "nut" votes would spread out if Paul and Santorum were not in the race. For all we know it could go evenly to Romney and Newt.

We don't know how the "nut" votes would spread out if Paul and Santorum were not in the race. For all we know it could go evenly to Romney and Newt.

A lot of the Santorum voters won't vote for Newt because he's been diivorced twice and his currently married to the woman who was once his mistress.

As for Ron Paul, I agree with him on some issues but the racist newsletters (even if he didn't write them) are troubling enough to keep me from voting for him. However, I think Anonymous and similar hacktivists are vile.

A lot of the Santorum voters won't vote for Newt because he's been diivorced twice and his currently married to the woman who was once his mistress.

And a big amount of Paul supporters would go to Newt. Paul even hinted in one of the debates that once he was out of the race he would endorse Newt.

Better a so-called Christian asshole who cheats (his first wife as served divorce papers when she as in the hospital dealing with cancer) than a Mormon. I really think these dumbfucks would vote for a child-raping Christian over a decent, respectable human who just happened to not be Christian (or white, since being not white and being a president must make you an evil Muslim or something). I've listened to some pretty interesting debate on whether the extreme right wig would be more likely to vote for a white Mormon they dislike for being a Mormon, or a black Christian they dislike for being black and not Republican. It's enough of a toss-up, even when Evangelicals have been debating, that it's pretty clear a white non-Mormon Christian would be generally favored over a Mormon. Mormonism is non-Christian enough that it seems a lot of evangelicals would rather vote for Obama than Romney.

Religion plays a much larger role than it has any right to be playing.

This is certainly going to be an interesting election year. It already is. The front-runner for the religious side is someone of a "different" religion, and pitting him against a Christian on the other side will open the doors for people on the left to feel comfortable voting for the non-Christian on the right, while people on the right may prefer voting for the Christian on the left.

Archived