IGNORED

Ron Paul is a racist, part 2

lindsey

Better a so-called Christian asshole who cheats (his first wife as served divorce papers when she as in the hospital dealing with cancer) than a Mormon. I really think these dumbfucks would vote for a child-raping Christian over a decent, respectable human who just happened to not be Christian (or white, since being not white and being a president must make you an evil Muslim or something). I've listened to some pretty interesting debate on whether the extreme right wig would be more likely to vote for a white Mormon they dislike for being a Mormon, or a black Christian they dislike for being black and not Republican. It's enough of a toss-up, even when Evangelicals have been debating, that it's pretty clear a white non-Mormon Christian would be generally favored over a Mormon. Mormonism is non-Christian enough that it seems a lot of evangelicals would rather vote for Obama than Romney.

Religion plays a much larger role than it has any right to be playing.

This is certainly going to be an interesting election year. It already is. The front-runner for the religious side is someone of a "different" religion, and pitting him against a Christian on the other side will open the doors for people on the left to feel comfortable voting for the non-Christian on the right, while people on the right may prefer voting for the Christian on the left.

Josh Duggar's Instagram page had some pro-Herman Cain posts on it before he started supporting Santorum. Not that Josh represents all Quiverfullers or all evangelicals, but I'm sure he's not the only one in that movement who would vote for a black Christian candidate. But I can't see most of them voting for Obama. Even the Catholics are angry at him now because of that Obamacare mandate involving religious institutions and birth control.

The Ron Paul thing is weird. It's important to keep an eye on US politics (sometimes a very confused eye, in my case) and I spoke to some otherwise left leaning Americans who seemed to really like the guy. Not my variety of Left (we do not go in for that sort of thing) but left for Americans. I felt very surprised.

Even if I didn't know the bad stuff about him, I would be struggling to see the good.

Archived