IGNORED

So which vaporizor did Nathan buy?

Justme

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has Sarah's awkward wording affliction: "With having two young children" - why not just say "With two young children"?? or even "Having two young children." With having is just not correct... or how anyone would say it.

A pot vaporizer? :banana-stoner:

Ha. Someone needs to hack it...

I'm wondering why he just doesn't pray to God for one.

Why doesn't he take it to the lord during morning prayer time? Or, better yet, just ask daddy Steve since he no doubt knows exactly what humidifier god would find superior to all others.

Life must be very slow to generate a blog about the monumental life changing consequences of buying a new vaporizer. :roll:

That's what happens when daddy blocks your Internet. Google? What's that? Reviews of types and styles and models of vaporizers needed, well take it to the blog. That way, they know all the answers will be godly and there will be no chance of a satanic vaporizer entering their world.

That's what happens when daddy blocks your Internet. Google? What's that? Reviews of types and styles and models of vaporizers needed, well take it to the blog. That way, they know all the answers will be godly and there will be no chance of a satanic vaporizer entering their world.

Point well made. Comparison shopping and trouble shooting and repair and maint. of appliances have all be simplified by using Google. I wonder why some enterprising fundy doesn't invent a search engine that can provide the results without all the worldly interaction? Has it been done already and deemed a failure?

Sounds like to me they just need to up and move to a more humid climate. That would solve all that pesky small appliance maintenance, wouldn't it?

Point well made. Comparison shopping and trouble shooting and repair and maint. of appliances have all be simplified by using Google. I wonder why some enterprising fundy doesn't invent a search engine that can provide the results without all the worldly interaction? Has it been done already and deemed a failure?

Natural language processing is harder than it looks. Mechanical filters for worldliness would be hard, because it's far more complicated than bleeping Carlin's 7 words.

But I'm surprised the fundie community doesn't have an old-style Yahoo type portal (where all the links are human-reviewed). Or maybe they do, in which case, yeah, why not ask there?

(Probably isn't holy enough for Steve-O.)

Just jumping off the topic here but near me is a vacuum cleaner store (local business, sells ALL kinds of vacuums and nothing else, specialized, w00t) and it is hard core fundie. They always have some message about Jesus in the window "We will try to fix your vacuum, Jesus will fix your soul" type things, changed up frequently.

So maybe in the world somewhere, is a fundie vaporizer store. It could happen!!! :D

Life must be very slow to generate a blog about the monumental life changing consequences of buying a new vaporizer. :roll:

My thoughts exactly! I only read their blog (or rather skim through and mock the pictures) to see how they can top themselves in the boredom department. It's become fascinating to me, in a trainwreck kind of way. I predict that within the next month they will post something so boring it will make the vaporizer entry look interesting in comparison.

Wouldn't that be using artificial means to alter the Lord's will? The humidity in the air is at the precise level He desires it. Is Nathan questioning God's wisdom?

Sidenote: As a kid prone to a nasty croupy cough several times a year, our cool mist vaporizer spent many a night in my room. I have many fond memories of sneaking out of bed and playing with the water vapor, heh.

Steve is pretty good at spouting hot air and he's always hanging around. Why does Nathan et al. need a new vapouriser?

Steve is pretty good at spouting hot air and he's always hanging around. Why does Nathan et al. need a new vapouriser?

Perhaps he wants one of those silent models?

Did anyone else find the Bible verse at the end of the post hilarious?

“But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.†Genesis 2:6

I was not aware God discussed vaporizers in the Bible. Thank you Maxwells for showing me the way!

Nathan specifically said he want one where he can clean out all the pipes. And he had no "problem" using power tools to take it apart. He's just not sure if it will work the same way. :lol: I somehow Stevie would object to be taken apart and put back together. He might not work the same. ;)

Nathan specifically said he want one where he can clean out all the pipes. And he had no "problem" using power tools to take it apart. He's just not sure if it will work the same way. :lol: I somehow Stevie would object to be taken apart and put back together. He might not work the same. ;)

Did anyone else find the Bible verse at the end of the post hilarious?

I was not aware God discussed vaporizers in the Bible. Thank you Maxwells for showing me the way!

Yes. My first thought was, wow, reaching much? :roll: I mean, I get that on all posts now they feel compelled to put verses on, even "normal" posts, but... yeah. God doesn't talk about vaporizers so they had to go with "mist" I guess!

He'd have been better off finding some verse about seeking wise counsel, or something. Surely there's some?

And if they are all so self-sufficient in the home-building business, why can't they make their own vaporizer? Uh, Stevie, you're an engineer -- this shouldn't be a huge challenge for you! Help your son and his kids!

I wonder if they match posts to verses or verses to posts? Remember the deer post? Did they spot the deer & know there was a verse with the word 'deer' in it, or did they pull the deer verse out of a hat for that day and have to find something to go with it?

Some of their verses are so freaking odd for posts, and the posts are so ridiculous - like this one - that I can't imagine it being coincidence.

My thoughts exactly! I only read their blog (or rather skim through and mock the pictures) to see how they can top themselves in the boredom department. It's become fascinating to me, in a trainwreck kind of way. I predict that within the next month they will post something so boring it will make the vaporizer entry look interesting in comparison.

Haha, I do the same thing! I can't actually read their blog.....it'll put me to sleep!

ohforcryingloudout....I tell myself, "No more reading about the Maxwells, it only makes you craz(ier than usual)" and then I wonder, "who's Nathan?" and I read it.

Ahem, Steve? Nathan? Please listen to an old woman for 30 seconds: You live in Leavenworth, Kansas, home to water so hard it should come outta the faucet in bricks.

Buy a good cool-mist vaporizer and buy distilled water for it. You can't buy used and save the difference on this one, so suck it up and call it part of the fun of living in the Midwest and having otherwise-perfectly healthy young children.

I'll see you guys in a day or two. My brain hurts too much at this point (when did they move to NE Kansas? '95??? Goodgriefgoodgravygoodgollymissmolly....)

Archived