IGNORED

So which vaporizor did Nathan buy?

Justme

ohforcryingloudout....I tell myself, "No more reading about the Maxwells, it only makes you craz(ier than usual)" and then I wonder, "who's Nathan?" and I read it.

Ahem, Steve? Nathan? Please listen to an old woman for 30 seconds: You live in Leavenworth, Kansas, home to water so hard it should come outta the faucet in bricks.

Buy a good cool-mist vaporizer and buy distilled water for it. You can't buy used and save the difference on this one, so suck it up and call it part of the fun of living in the Midwest and having otherwise-perfectly healthy young children.

I'll see you guys in a day or two. My brain hurts too much at this point (when did they move to NE Kansas? '95??? Goodgriefgoodgravygoodgollymissmolly....)

See that's the problem. In order to listen to you, MJB, they'd have to listen to a woman!!!

And, hey, one of their commenters went Nathan one better and found a bible verse with the word vapor in it.

These people are nuts, I tell ya.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Point well made. Comparison shopping and trouble shooting and repair and maint. of appliances have all be simplified by using Google. I wonder why some enterprising fundy doesn't invent a search engine that can provide the results without all the worldly interaction? Has it been done already and deemed a failure?

I'm going to defend him here. I posted a thread to ask for help not too long ago. Most vaporizers have 4 stars or less on Amazon. You have both raving reviews and one star reviews. It is hard to know which one is good or not. Plus they have hard water, so makes it even harder...

Anyway, it's still weird he does not have close friends to ask that before going on his daddy's blog to ask for help.

There's a WalMart and a CVS in Leavenworth. He can go buy one plus some distilled water. Easy, peasy.

I use a VIcks Vaporizer because it is a dry here.

Guest Anonymous

And, hey, one of their commenters went Nathan one better and found a bible verse with the word vapor in it.

These people are nuts, I tell ya.

;) The Strong's Concordance is FJ's friend.

ohforcryingloudout....I tell myself, "No more reading about the Maxwells, it only makes you craz(ier than usual)" and then I wonder, "who's Nathan?" and I read it.

Ahem, Steve? Nathan? Please listen to an old woman for 30 seconds: You live in Leavenworth, Kansas, home to water so hard it should come outta the faucet in bricks.

Buy a good cool-mist vaporizer and buy distilled water for it. You can't buy used and save the difference on this one, so suck it up and call it part of the fun of living in the Midwest and having otherwise-perfectly healthy young children.

I'll see you guys in a day or two. My brain hurts too much at this point (when did they move to NE Kansas? '95??? Goodgriefgoodgravygoodgollymissmolly....)

I can picture making a home 'still' for water...(there are instructibles for this)...but that would require science!

sophie wrote,

I'm going to defend him here. I posted a thread to ask for help not too long ago. Most vaporizers have 4 stars or less on Amazon. You have both raving reviews and one star reviews. It is hard to know which one is good or not. Plus they have hard water, so makes it even harder...

Anyway, it's still weird he does not have close friends to ask that before going on his daddy's blog to ask for help.

MJB is in a good mood today! Thus I decied to venture back here and think about those little babies and their invalid, expecting mamma and the vaporizer!!!

And in re: Sophie's good point, above, doesn't Nathan say in the post that they had a good vaporizer, but that the mineral deposits on its innards were such that he couldn't clean them off? Again, Leavenworth water. (How can I miss the area so much?? :lol: ) Again, buy another one of the good vapos you had, Nathan dear, and only use distilled water.

Heck, sometimes it goes on sale!!

;) The Strong's Concordance is FJ's friend.

anniec, was that your comment? If so, great job!

It's probably cheaper to just replace the vaporizer occasionally than to buy distilled water, especially if they are using it a lot.

Oh, and try boiling water on the stove until you find a Godly new vaporizer, Steve. You can even make your house smell good/make an idol of vaporizing by dropping in citrus rinds and spices.

Guest Anonymous

anniec, was that your comment? If so, great job!

Proverbs 14:15

The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

It's probably cheaper to just replace the vaporizer occasionally than to buy distilled water, especially if they are using it a lot.

Oh, and try boiling water on the stove until you find a Godly new vaporizer, Steve. You can even make your house smell good/make an idol of vaporizing by dropping in citrus rinds and spices.

I thought of that, but having recently switched to a gas range instead of electric, seems like it's a wash: The flame dries out the air as quickly as the evaporating water moisturizes it.

You know, there's an even easier solution: Set out pans of water in every room, near a heat source. yeah, I know I know I know there is a huge potential for a mess, but really, it's having water IN the room that makes the air less dry. The old-timers (not me, I never was lucky enough to have radiators) set pans atop the radiators to get the moisture they wanted. If memory serves there actually were radiator pans manufactured for the express purpose of being set on top of the rads to provide vapor.

Totally unrelated but I'll mention it here becaues I Am In The Best Mood Possibly Ever: Did you all know that the Victorian phrase "got the vapors" does not mean fainted? Vapors = gas. So "got the vapors" means farted. The phrase we really should use, when we snark on some delicate fundie flower getting all fainty over something worldly, is "swooned."

ETA one other thing: There are whole-house humidifiers which certainly Leavenworth Construction Company (aka two Reversal Brothers) would know how to install; and a second thing, isn't there some kind of adaptor for the water faucets that reduces the mineral content of the water? Would think it even easier to get one of those and change out its filter as often as needed, as buying distilled H2O. But what do I know? I go to church with non-family, in a church, and I listen to sermons from men who actually have degrees in theology. ;)

I have heard that about the vapors before, but it was from an unreliable source (my stepfather can turn anything into a fart joke).

I talked to someone who added moisture into her house by making her dryer vent release the damp air inside. She put a nylon stocking over the end to catch lint. This obviously would be dangerous with a gas dryer, but it might work with an electric one. I still won't do it because I am a worry-wart. But it gets so dry here! My baby's eczema is ridiculous.

• 3 weeks later...

Steve promised Nat would come back and tell. :shock: I'm sure lots of their blog readers are sitting on the edge of their chairs waiting for his decision, especially Rebecca !!!11!!!!

Come on Nat, fill us in! All these people too time from their wonderful boring day, it's the least you can do. :whistle:

Steve promised Nat would come back and tell. :shock: I'm sure lots of their blog readers are sitting on the edge of their chairs waiting for his decision, especially Rebecca !!!11!!!!

Come on Nat, fill us in! All these people too time from their wonderful boring day, it's the least you can do. :whistle:

I was at Goodwill and saw one and thought of Nathan. He could have have had one for $2!

No kidding! I would think he would have come back to post given that so many people gave him advice! Maybe he's decided to make his own.

Guest Anonymous

titus2.com/blog/index.php/2012/01/30/vaporizer-followup/

He passed over the Heaven Fresh model but seems to be regretting taking the cheaper, less Godly option already.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

(Hi Steve! :mrgreen: )

All that excitement over a vaporizer! :roll: I wonder what would happen if they asked for a recommendation on vacuum cleaners.

Guest Anonymous
All that excitement over a vaporizer! :roll: I wonder what would happen if they asked for a recommendation on vacuum cleaners.

I don't think they would ask about that in case anyone recommended the Goblin or the Power Devil.

I suspect that even now they will be blighted with respiritory disease for not selecting the Heaven Fresh vaporiser.....

I suspect that even now they will be blighted with respiritory disease for not selecting the Heaven Fresh vaporiser.....

I wouldn't buy a cold mist humidifier even if that was all I could afford! I have had many doctors tell me those are worse than having no humidifier at all, makes your house feel colder and makes people more prone to respiritory issues! Until I could buy my good warm mist one I just boiled stock pots of water on the stove!

I love this comment. Clearly the Lord wanted Deana to get the same vaporizer as the Maxwells, so he blew up her old one:

Deana says:

January 30, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Oh how God cares about the little things. The day before your original post I had been cleaning our vaporizer. The Lord provided it for us at a yard sale; it had been a workhorse for us for many yrs. It seemed to need a little extra cleaning so I put both vinegar and baking soda in the water chamber, closed the cap tight and shook. Yep, it exploded! I appreciated everyone’s suggestions and knowing what you ended up buying. My mom called last week from the store asking if I knew anything about vaporizers she need a new one. I went right to the blog post and it helped her get one too.

>>>>>>>>>

Amen!!

Steve

Archived