IGNORED

So which vaporizor did Nathan buy?

Justme

I don't know why, but for some reason I expected this to be about a marijuana vaporizer. Is it a Canadian thing to call it a humidifier? Because for the first two paragraphs I though the Maxwells had gone Rasta...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know why, but for some reason I expected this to be about a marijuana vaporizer. Is it a Canadian thing to call it a humidifier? Because for the first two paragraphs I though the Maxwells had gone Rasta...

That's exactly what I thought too! I'm American and I've never heard of a humidifier being called a vaporizer.

That's exactly what I thought too! I'm American and I've never heard of a humidifier being called a vaporizer.

I think "vaporizer" is a kind of old-timey term. Hot-steam vaporizers were commonly used when I was a tot in the '50s.

When my baby had a cold in the late '70s, her pediatrician recommended a cool-mist machine because, as he said, "During the winter, most people keep their homes too hot and too dry for babies." It worked like a charm, and I still use it for myself when I have colds.

Oh, and amongst the tenth-anniversary comments, I found this gem:

You are a most boeatiful Goldy couple

It kind of cheered me up. :whistle:

When i was little we had a vaporizer. It was like a humidifier but only did hot mist. At the top was a compartment where my mother would put a slab of vicks vapor rub. As the vaporizer heated, the vicks vapor rub would become part of the mist and my room would smell like vicks for days. Nathan probably calls it a vaporizer because thats what his parents refer to it as since that is what was commonly used back in the 60's.

And, the vapourizer token verse:

“Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety†(Proverbs 11:14).

Too bad Steve doesn't apply this to his courtship strategy and get poor Sarah some leads.

or letting Terri advise about pizza for supper

or apply it to anything else in his life to have kept it all from going off the rails. :whistle:

Yay, a response from Nathan, aren't we lucky? (Sarcasm)

Now maybe Sarah will finally tell us why she was "working with Abby on posing" at Anna's graduation like she promised!

titus2.com/blog/index.php/2010/12/11/annas-graduation/

Dear LORD,

I know we don't hang out much since that whole not believing thing gets in the way and all, but please, for the love of you and all that you made holy, stop blessing the Maxwells and just give them a freaking life already!

While you're at it, please use your great abilities to end all the fundie hate that exists in your name. The world would be a much, much better place without it and maybe, just maybe, your followers wouldn't need to rely on you for every-little-thing-in-life.

Guest Anonymous
Dear LORD,

I know we don't hang out much since that whole not believing thing gets in the way and all, but please, for the love of you and all that you made holy, stop blessing the Maxwells and just give them a freaking life already!

While you're at it, please use your great abilities to end all the fundie hate that exists in your name. The world would be a much, much better place without it and maybe, just maybe, your followers wouldn't need to rely on you for every-little-thing-in-life.

Oh, and before we forget, could you please send Sarah Maxwell a husband that isn't batshit crazy?

I love this comment. Clearly the Lord wanted Deana to get the same vaporizer as the Maxwells, so he blew up her old one:

Deana says:

January 30, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Oh how God cares about the little things. The day before your original post I had been cleaning our vaporizer. The Lord provided it for us at a yard sale; it had been a workhorse for us for many yrs. It seemed to need a little extra cleaning so I put both vinegar and baking soda in the water chamber, closed the cap tight and shook. Yep, it exploded! I appreciated everyone’s suggestions and knowing what you ended up buying. My mom called last week from the store asking if I knew anything about vaporizers she need a new one. I went right to the blog post and it helped her get one too.

>>>>>>>>>

Amen!!

Steve

Clearly Deana never made a paper maiche volcano with baking soda/vinegar lava in her SOTDRT days. I thought everybody who took even remedial science knew about baking soda and vinegar. Geez.

And isn't is so nice that Steve got to answer back. I wonder sometimes if the family is just robots and he runs the controls.

Damm and Damm Damm and Damm

Steve knows what a viberator is.... does Teri have one Stevie :naughty: ?

Deana, my viberator broke too, when I was cleaning it with a good lube of vinger - that's what I thought you should do!! How silly we should be. I did not dare tell my husband (blush). I've waited quite a while to get a new one, so a followup was a blessing!

I think I will go for a Cock Shaped Cool Mist Humidifier too. So thanks so much for the advice. You have saved me from going through online worldly reviews.

Praise the new one! and blessings to one and all.

lots of love Jechellery

Archived