IGNORED

A woman would be forced to have a child conceived by rape

Witsec7

Middlefingers up.

I will accept this law right after they castrate every rapist and cut their dick off. Or just execute them. Hang them wearing a T shirt: NO means no, which letter you don't understand? Let's bring Pakistan over here, in 2012, all right, but ALL parties should be involved, not only the women.

*GLITTERBOMB* which is really a dogshit bomb only disguised and *DILDOCOPTER*

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's the other thing... pulled from the following link:

rippdemup.com/2012/01/so-rick-santorums-wife-had-a-partial-birth-abortion/

Santorum's Wife had an abortion at 20 weeks.... Yes, it saved her life.. but now he is saying he is against this? Seriously fucked up, in my opinion.

If the fetus threatened her life... didn't it mean that god wanted her dead, too?

*DILDOCOPTER* flop flop flop weeeeeeee!

Yeah, it's a man's mighty peanes after all! And we all know that it's a blessing for wimen to be touched by it. Not if the wimen want it, but if the mighty male want to shove it in.

This practically says: rape is okay, must be accepted. What's next, prison for saying NO, or for kicking and fighting?

Let's see how staunch Frothy is if it's his precious daughter or wife who was raped and knocked up. Like he's really going to raise the child of his wife and a rapist because the cells are a blessing? Riiight. Same goes for his precious daughter. What is someone took advantage of his youngest and she got pregnant? A lot of girls are getting their periods around 9 years old (which really sucks!), so it wouldn't be out of the norm.

If it were him in that situation, he'd get those cells sucked out immediately. Fuck you, you piece of shit! If you think you can tell me what to do with my body, can I decide what to do with yours? I think Santorum and his ilk should get their balls cut off. Without anesthesia. And then their dicks. Doesn't matter what order. They can pee with a tube for all I care. I don't think they are smart enough to know how to use their dicks, so I'm going to take that decision away from them and now they don't have to worry about it! See? Isn't that better?

I don't think this says rape is okay.

I think if you're pro-life - as in, no intentional abortions, because all foetuses have the RIGHT to life - then you should only make exemptions for very risky pregnancies, IF AT ALL. As many have said, if you think women should be forced to carry pregnancies - unless they were raped, you're showing your arse - either you don't think that foetus actually has the RIGHT (otherwise those circumstances would not be enough to overlook it), or you're all about slut-shaming, and it's only women who CHOSE to do the sex that need to be punished. Or both. Often both, IMO.

I think if you're pro-choice, you should be pro-choice for women who have been raped and women who haven't, and while I understand that on the face of it, abortions denied to the former seems more horrifying than abortions denied to the latter, the fact of the matter is that BOTH are wrong, and we should be horrified and rallying against BOTH.

The problem is that a pregnant rape victim is someone you so obviously feel sympathy for, whereas 'pregnant woman' - so what? Who feels sympathy for her? What's intrinsically horrifying about that? Oh, sure, this particular woman wants an abortion, but "pregnant from rape" is a hell of a lot more dramatic and obvious than "pregnant while poor". So pro-lifers who are consistent try to downplay that horror try sweet-talk their opponents, and in the process end up saying fucked up shit like "make the best out of a bad situation", which only ends up making them sound more heartless.

Again, don't think it means they think rape isn't so terrible. What they are saying is still horrifying, but I honestly don't think it boils down to that.

(But tell me this type of thinking is linked to rape apologism, and I will listen avidly. If you're the sort of person who is very dismissive of women and has a personal belief on abortion - normally a half-baked one - and you think that your fleeting opinion should be enough to make laws to decide for other people's lives, in fact (you know, the things that they live every single day and you know very little of), then I can definitely see how you'd be dismissive of rape and not give a shit about the basically systematic terrorism that half the population lives with all the time. Other people's experiences of the world are irrelevant.)

If women are forced to carry the children of rapists, they may stop reporting rapes out of shame. I can see young girls telling their family and community: "Oh yeah. Just a wild night and I forgot to use protection, so now I have a baby" instead "I was raped and forced to carry the child." Their privacy will be totally destroyed once they're pregant. And then the rapists will have no consequences.

Don't even get me started on abusive boyfriends/husbands getting their wives pregnant to control them or, God forbid, rape being used as a weapon in this country like it has been for centuries in other countries.

If abortion is made illegal, the black market for it is going to thrive fast.

Also, if a woman did carry the rapist baby, can you imagine the legal rights the father could then be given!? We would literally be going into some warped thing of where the rapist can continue to control and actually have parental rights of the child the woman is forced to carry! *shudders* it doesn't even bare thinking of!

As horrible as it is, if they start making exceptions, their whole argument falls apart. We have seen this time and again when pro-lifers have come here. Once they start saying abortion is okay *sometimes* along with that is a baby being killed, they either have to admit that killing babies is okay in certain situations or that a fetus isn't really a baby. Santorum apparently is smart enough to know this, so if he made exceptions for rape victims, he would get torn to shreds in any sort of abortion debate.

It would be interesting to find out what he thinks should happen to women who have abortions. If he is not for slapping them with murder charges, then he is admitting that a fetus isn't really a baby. But if he does say that women who have abortions should be charged with assisting in a murder, then what little support he has will probably go away and he will just be left with the Bates and the Duggars.

(But tell me this type of thinking is linked to rape apologism, and I will listen avidly. If you're the sort of person who is very dismissive of women and has a personal belief on abortion - normally a half-baked one - and you think that your fleeting opinion should be enough to make laws to decide for other people's lives, in fact (you know, the things that they live every single day and you know very little of), then I can definitely see how you'd be dismissive of rape and not give a shit about the basically systematic terrorism that half the population lives with all the time. Other people's experiences of the world are irrelevant.)

Here's the link to rape apologism - women are lying liars who falsely accuse all the time anyway (it creeps me out to even type this, but I've def. heard this argument) - women will just falsely accuse men of rape if that's what it takes to get an abortion. Most rapes are never solved, so how would we ever know if a rape claim was true?

Here's the link to rape apologism - women are lying liars who falsely accuse all the time anyway (it creeps me out to even type this, but I've def. heard this argument) - women will just falsely accuse men of rape if that's what it takes to get an abortion. Most rapes are never solved, so how would we ever know if a rape claim was true?

I had witnessed people saying it, and yet it didn't come to mind. Yeah. You're absolutely right.

and the belief that women are untrustworthy is the real underlying link, I think - remember McCain's "health of the mother" air quotes? They do not believe any woman who gets an abortion is telling the truth about why they got one or what the consequences were ("I know that in your secret heart you're greiving...")

If a fetus/embryo is seen as a person, do I get carpool lane rights? Because according to them, it's a person, and if I'm pregnant, that means there is more than 1 person in the car. What if I'm not showing yet? Do I have to carry around a pee stick or an u/s picture? How will they know it's mine and not a fake?

Obviously I have too much time on my hands because I've seriously thought about this.

Another question: Are many of these people too young to remember the horrors that happened to women because they sought abortions before Woe v. Wade was made legal? Do they really think all the women who get pregnant from rape, incest, or unwantedly - be it from not taking precautions to having birth control fail - are *really* going to just go ahead and keep the baby just because that's what the law says? When people are desperate, they find ways and means to end pregnancies, and the outcomes aren't always happy - death, infertility, etc.

and the belief that women are untrustworthy is the real underlying link, I think - remember McCain's "health of the mother" air quotes? They do not believe any woman who gets an abortion is telling the truth about why they got one or what the consequences were ("I know that in your secret heart you're greiving...")

Not only are women untrustworthy, they're lying whores. This is why you can't believe them when they say"No", they always want it.

I will always think of him now as Rick "Rape is a Blessing" Santorum. (though spell check suggests I spell it Sanatorium. Spell check can sometimes be wise.)

Are many of these people too young to remember the horrors that happened to women because they sought abortions before Woe v. Wade was made legal?

Oh, they remember all right (or they remember hearing about it, or seeing it in one of the more recent costume dramas).

They just think it's a Good Thing. The woman is getting punished after all.

oh, and um?

I don't know whether it's the same for everyone, but I'm reading comment titles as "conceived by rap" which is inappropriately making me giggle.

{sorry, sorry}

The late, great feminist attorney Flo Kennedy nailed it when she said "If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament".

Let's see how staunch Frothy is if it's his precious daughter or wife who was raped and knocked up. Like he's really going to raise the child of his wife and a rapist because the cells are a blessing?

Actually, I think Santorum probably would. I think he's just that crazy.

This, unfortunately.

and the belief that women are untrustworthy is the real underlying link, I think - remember McCain's "health of the mother" air quotes? They do not believe any woman who gets an abortion is telling the truth about why they got one or what the consequences were

Oh yes, that has not been forgotten in this house.

Another question: Are many of these people too young to remember the horrors that happened to women because they sought abortions before Woe v. Wade was made legal? Do they really think all the women who get pregnant from rape, incest, or unwantedly - be it from not taking precautions to having birth control fail - are *really* going to just go ahead and keep the baby just because that's what the law says?

The Worst of Times by Patricia Miller is a collection of stories from women who had illegal abortions, people who provided them, people whose mothers died from illegal abortions, and law enforcement professionals. It's definitely good reading, if seriously infuriating/depressing.

I think the thing that worries me most about this current debate about abortion rights is this: banning abortions will not make them go away. It will merely drive them back into the back alleys where they have been for as far back as you care to go. It is already happening. Here is an article discussing just this from the BBC website:

www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-16618156

Slightly OT, but did anyone else read about Karen Santorum living with that older man (and by older, I mean by 40 years) for 6 years before she snagged Rick? He was a doctor, specifically an obstetrician who founded an abortion clinic. He also paid to have her teeth fixed and they traveled to Europe several times together. She was quite the playa back in the day. She's almost as sinful as Kelly from Generation Cedar.

I wonder what Rick's parents thought when Golden Boy chose to marry her. You know they had to be less than thrilled.

The doctor is now 92, and he says Karen never had a problem with what he did for a living.

I wonder how Mr. Frothy Mix would feel if his wife was raped and impregnated. So he would be totally ok with his wife carrying and delivering the child of a man who hurt his wife? Would he raise this kid? REALLY?!?!?!?!?

Archived