IGNORED

When Your Son is Grown and Unmarried

Jenesis Jexodus

Hell, in my time at this job I have developed a distinct distaste for older, presumably Mormon, men from Utah because they talk down to me. True, a lot of older men tend to talk down to younger women, but as a group the Utah contingent is by far the most consistent and the worst I have ever encountered. I don't say anything, I really can't, but it bugs me no end! And mainstream Mormons aren't even in the same league of misogyny as the super-fundies. I'm sure they think I'm a cute young thing working for a few years before I find that husband and all. I do sound very young both on the phone and in person. But that's no excuse.

It is really hard for those guys to leave their little bubble. One of my big, corporate former employers here in Minneapolis hired a tech company from Utah to do on-site training and installation of a new computer system, and not only was there tension from their general paternalism and sexism, one of them got kicked offsite for making sexist jokes in training groups where he was training our nearly-all-female departmental leadership and staff. It was a little all-mormon nepotistic family company, or at least the sales & training team seemed to be.

Ukranian?? Oh. I'll have to go google this...

Do google it. It's horrible. They make adult movies that end very... sadly and horribly.

Don't forget the Arndt Dad, I believe two of the sons will be 30 or older this year, and a bunch of them are in their mid to late 20s. A bit old in the fundy world, yes? I'm sure the dad would have a lot to say on the subject....

I think the oldest turned 31 in Sept. The 2nd oldest is about to turn 30. This thread is MADE for the Arndt family!

D

on't forget the Arndt Dad, I believe two of the sons will be 30 or older this year, and a bunch of them are in their mid to late 20s. A bit old in the fundy world, yes? I'm sure the dad would have a lot to say on the subject....

Likely they can't yet pay cash for a decent home and don't also have their retirement funded and and and...

hadn't really thought about it as much, but really the sons are just as unprepared for real life as the daughters,

Yes, the suckiness of the life is pretty equal opportunity--one of the few things about the lifestyle that is. The boys are supposed to instantly morph into seasoned, successful businessmen or skilled tradesmen able to support a family after a life time of never making a decision other than to obey or be punished!

Archived