IGNORED

Was Michelle Duggar told she cannot carry a pregnancy again?

NJMom

After seeing the entire spectacle about the funeral, the announcements, the obituary, and her letter to Jubilee, I really have to wonder if Michelle was told that she is no longer able to carry a baby to term ever again. Seeing how over the top the Duggars reacted to the miscarriage, was this Michelle's way of expressing to the world that this was the final time for her, and her baby is now an angel who had to have this huge send-off?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

I really don't think Michelle will stop even if a doc told her too. That would mean some type of birth control or obstaining during certain times of the month but that doesn't always work either.

I don't think she'd care if the doctors told her so. She won't stop until menopause finally hits, she'll just pray for a miracle and miscarry again.

Only menopause will stop her...

I wouldn't be surprised if she decides to do like Kelly Bates and take hormones, because the Bates are about to reach their total # of kids. I do think that these two have a competition going but that Michelle takes it much more seriously than Kelly. Although I think that the Bates seem to want some of the high level of fame, $$ and ATI-royalty status that the Duggars have. It most likely won't work with them because they don't have the cutesy J names schtick and they don't have much of anything that could be "different" for a network to make a weekly show with them. A lot of their kids are cute but none of them seem to stand out like a Johannah, a Jackson or a Jinger does. Erin seems snobbish and she's pretty much the only Bates kid that we know a bit, with Zach because of his courtship (I wonder if one of the 4 eldest D girls-Jana??-had a secret crush on Zach...But hey, now I'm way out of the subject of this thread.)

Plus they'd have to explain to America why they have that horrid portrait of Nathan Bedford Forest on their wall (I haven't seen it myself but I read about it here on another thread. If someone could tell me in which episode of "19K..." we see it in I'd be grateful)...I mean to put the image of the founder of the KKK on one of the wall in yr home tells us pretty much where you stand on equal rights for "them folks". I can understand a Confederate flag on the property of someone living in TN, but this?? :think:

Why am I talking about the Bates? Oh yeah, because of K taking hormones (the Lord provides??), which must be expensive, so yes I do believe that M and JB will try again. I don't think a live birth will occur though...M doesn't see Dr Sarver anymore (maybe she told her something that M didn't like?) and we've seen them doctor-shopping in the past.

I don't think she'd care if the doctors told her so. She won't stop until menopause finally hits, she'll just pray for a miracle and miscarry again.

Exactly or she might conceive and then start taking progesterone like Kelly Bates did in order to sustain the pregnancy. IIRC Kelly rationalized this to herself by saying something like, "This is just medical treatment, like we would get for any other child." Her logic being that the child was conceived so therefore already exists as a person. But when you eschew any and all birth control and are still in your fertile years, pregnancy is pretty much a given. When you know you can't sustain a pregnancy naturally and will therefore need hormones...How is that "leaving it up to God". I can't swallow the fact that they are surprised by every pregnancy. They cannot be that stupid.

Plus they'd have to explain to America why they have that horrid portrait of Nathan Bedford Forest on their wall (I haven't seen it myself but I read about it here on another thread. If someone could tell me in which episode of "19K..." we see it in I'd be grateful)...I mean to put the image of the founder of the KKK on one of the wall in yr home tells us pretty much where you stand on equal rights for "them folks". I can understand a Confederate flag on the property of someone living in TN, but this?? :think:

It wasn't on an episode. Kelly did a bunch of posts a while back with pictures of the finished house and how they decorated it. There was a picture of all the pictures on the wall of their "Patriotic Room" and he was one of them.

Doctors are only human and will never really have any authority to tell her to stop, I think (only "God" can do that). This, of course, in spite of the fact that she's used the best medical science has to offer ("praise God, it's all his doing") to not only directly save her and Josie's lives during that tragedy, but to keep her in good health through however many high risk pregnancies she's had because of her age and incessant preggers status in the last 2+ decades.

Given that she apparently didn't have a hysterectomy this last time (which would have put a blessed end to everything), I can see her trying anything to get pregnant again (including "God's" invention of in vitro, hormones, etc.). I really hope she doesn't succeed; barring a sudden return to sanity, I hope she just lives in la-la land in a perpetual state of anticipation that the "next baby is on the way" until menopause quietly takes hold.

I'd said in the Jubilee obit post that I thought that might be her way of saying goodbye not just to her babymaking years but to her role as brood mare (with that her only function) and her baby addiction, meaning that she was finally acknowledging the inevitable. I'm not so sure now, though. I think she'll keep trying and have a couple more miscarriages (or maybe even a seriously damaged kid) because, hey, reality and good sense are not exactly within her realm of understanding.

It wasn't on an episode. Kelly did a bunch of posts a while back with pictures of the finished house and how they decorated it. There was a picture of all the pictures on the wall of their "Patriotic Room" and he was one of them.

Thanks!

Will go to see it on her blog.

How bizarre, I mean why put it unless 1) He's yr ancestor (and that's not something I'd brag about) or 2) You're a member of the, ahum, club (aka terror group) he founded? I'm not implying he's a member, no no no, but why put this?

It's not up anymore. Someone commented about it and suddenly they were gone. I think someone here on FJ might have the pictures saved though.

Even if a doctor told her there was 100% chance her and her fetus would die, she would not stop. She calls doctors gifts from God when it suits her, but not when they tell her things that don't fit her beliefs. So the doctors who saved Josie = really God's work. Any doctors that tell her that pregnancy would be dangerous for her = persecution and thwarting God's will!!!11!! Only makes sense in Duggar land.

Holy crap! Are you kidding me? Jesus H! What kind of home schooling do these people practice? I shudder.

I'm new around here, though I've been casting a jaundiced eye on the Duggars for years. This board is wigging me out with new discoveries.

Holy crap! Are you kidding me? Jesus H! What kind of home schooling do these people practice? I shudder.

I'm new around here, though I've been casting a jaundiced eye on the Duggars for years. This board is wigging me out with new discoveries.

The Bateses homeschooling is scary (or at least just as scary as the Duggars). They did an episode of Nightline featuring them and the homeschool lesson consisted of Kelly lighting some matches to show them how anger spreads or some crap like that

I think Michelle knows she is done with the live births. That is why she is now "counting" the miscarriage. She is obsessed with adding to her numbers and has found a way to extend it.

We can plan on seeing more funerals every time her period is late. Uggh.

Exactly or she might conceive and then start taking progesterone like Kelly Bates did in order to sustain the pregnancy. IIRC Kelly rationalized this to herself by saying something like, "This is just medical treatment, like we would get for any other child." Her logic being that the child was conceived so therefore already exists as a person. But when you eschew any and all birth control and are still in your fertile years, pregnancy is pretty much a given. When you know you can't sustain a pregnancy naturally and will therefore need hormones...How is that "leaving it up to God". I can't swallow the fact that they are surprised by every pregnancy. They cannot be that stupid.

It's not like progesterone is something that will help with every pregnancy. If her uterus is so damaged that the placenta can't stay attached, I doubt anything can help.

If Michelle still has eggs, she could hire a surrogate mother to carry and deliver the baby. Not that I want to give her any ideas...

After seeing the entire spectacle about the funeral, the announcements, the obituary, and her letter to Jubilee, I really have to wonder if Michelle was told that she is no longer able to carry a baby to term ever again. Seeing how over the top the Duggars reacted to the miscarriage, was this Michelle's way of expressing to the world that this was the final time for her, and her baby is now an angel who had to have this huge send-off?

I think the whole spectacle was just a way of generating footage for their TV show. Since there was no live baby to show, the miscarriage had to be turned into an air-able event somehow. It's just following their trend of big visual spectacles for normal life events (like the baby announcement with a sky writer or whatever).

I doubt she'll take medical advice over god's. My QF stepsister was told 3 or 4 kids ago to stop after she was having problems with her intestines and other innards shifting. They didn't listen, had another one. While they were here visiting she had emergency surgery for a perferated bowel, almost killed her. Told again to stop having kids, and 6 months later they were pregnant with twins. The twins are a couple of years old now and that's the longest they've gone between kids, so we're hoping the womb is closed now (she's 42ish). She keeps insisting they are 'leaving it up to god', and I suspect Michelle will do the same to the bitter end or menopause, whichever comes first.

Michelle has been known to doctor-shop until she finds one that will tell her what she wants to hear. If a doctor did tell her that she couldn't have more babies, she would take it as a challenge rather than a warning. I can just imagine her peeing on a stick thinking about how she'll prove that doctor wrong.

Also, I don't think menopause will stop Michelle, especially if anyone keeps paying attention to her. She'll do IVF or adopt, for sure.

Taking progesterone to prevent miscarriage isn't exactly a fertility drug. I took it with several of mine because of threatened miscarriage. Shots of progesterone may be given to prevent preterm labor as well.

She's honestly quite lucky to have only had 2 miscarriages. I've had 5 (out of 11 pregnancies). It was bound to happen to her at some point. I think the only reason they grieved so publicly was because the pregnancy was so publicized.

That said, I'm an ER nurse and have assisted with many 16-20 wk deliveries. I've baptized the tiny fetuses and made little handprints and footprints in plaster-filled seashells for patients. A 16-20 wk fetus definitely looks like a baby. I named all five of mine and planted a tree for each of them in our yard. There is no "right" way to grieve.

IVF will not give Juterus a better chance of a healthy outcome for a pregnancy. Her uterus will still be worn out, she'll just be using fresher eggs.

If Michelle still has eggs, she could hire a surrogate mother to carry and deliver the baby. Not that I want to give her any ideas...

I doubt she'd do that because I really do believe part of her craziness is that she's hooked on the entire experience of being pregnant, giving birth, and being the mother of a newborn that came out of her. She's baby-obsessed, but in order to have the whole expectant/new mother experience (and the attention that goes with it) that she craves they've got to be her babies, not those carried by other women. So no surrogacy, and no adoption (despite anything she or Jim Bob might have said about adopting).

Otherwise, I expect she'd push to get some of the older kids married off, so they can start cranking out grandbabies for her to dote on. If all she wanted was newborn babies around, that would make the most sense.

I would hope no *reputable* Reproductive Endocrinologist would admit the Duggars to a donor egg program....

Guest Anonymous

I'd like to see her dote on her grandkids like a normal grandparent. When your kids are having kids it's a good indication to stop having kids and focus on being a grandma.

Archived