IGNORED

Was Michelle Duggar told she cannot carry a pregnancy again?

NJMom

And even unrelated to the Klan, Nathan Bedford Forrest was a pretty disgusting person.

But I don't even remotely pretend to understand Southern pride.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "God Bless America" sign next to two portraits of Confederate generals makes it more WTF for me. It's part of the endless list of Evangelical Conservative Logic Fail.

The "God Bless America" sign next to two portraits of Confederate generals makes it more WTF for me. It's part of the endless list of Evangelical Conservative Logic Fail.

true, didn't even think about that!

I wonder what Kelly's school of the dining room table teaches the kids re: antebellum, slavery in the US and what they most likely call "the war between the states". My guess is that they use a history book that was used in 1950s-era Mississippi.

Speaking of Mississippi's past, here is an excellent article about a newspaper that used to be anti-integration and changed in the 80's to actively promote re-opening old civil right murder cases. It changed because of the newest owners.

http://www.ajr.org/article.asp?id=1311

I wouldn't call them Evangelicals, they are Christian Fundementalists.

But I don't get it at all either. I had ancestors on both sides of that war, and I'd still never put up a portrait of a Confederate General up on my wall.

I'm thinking they use one of those "America is a Christian nation" textbooks.

I hate the lies that these people pass on to their children. The founding fathers were not all Christian, and they founded the country so that everybody choose what religion to follow. (And I'm a little pissed at somebody I went to school with because of his bigotry. I told him this morning that his "anti-Muslim" video was incorrect and racist, and it appears to be something false just so that people like him can post it and say, "look, here's what Muslims say!")

Sorry about my misuse of evangelical- I'll admit I'm a bit ignorant when it comes to differences amongst Christians (though I realize that most are not as crazy as Gothardites).

I can understand respecting Confederate generals for their art-of-war skills, but someone has to be really dumb to consider them patriotic. They wanted to form their own country independent of the good old USA, for chrissakes.

Even if Michelle wanted to go to the extreme of using IVF (which I don't think they would), in someone her age the odds of IVF with her own eggs working are very low. A woman's egg quality drops rapidly in the 30s and falls off a cliff in the 40s. Most of the time when you hear about celebrities having "miracle babies" over the age of 40 the truth is that they used a donor egg, even if they pretend it is their biological kid.

I doubt that her problem is anything that progesterone will help with either.

I think it's far more likely that Jubilee had a chromosome defect due to the advanced age of Michelle's eggs or that the placenta was not able to adequately supply the baby because of the extensive scarring on her uterus from all the other c-sections and pregnancies. Those aren't things you can fix with current technology. I really think that Michelle is done with having live, healthy babies whether she likes it or not.

Adoption might be a possibility, and if they want a baby badly enough I could picture them doing that, but I really think that the womb is closed now. Finally.

Does anyone here suspect that Gil is a Klan member? Why else would they put that in their home?

I don't. There is a bizarre love of these things in the south by people who would honestly surprise me if they were a klan member. It is not so blatant racism wrapped up in "southern pride".

I think people are mixing up 'should' and 'could' here. She's been told since at least Jackson she needs to stop, and has ignored it because she was still able to get pregnant. But if a doctor simply says to her 'your womb cannot sustain a pregnancy any more and there's no medical fix for it' then I can imagine her going a bit crazy. There's no doctor-shopping that's going to solve that kind of infertility.

I think people are mixing up 'should' and 'could' here. She's been told since at least Jackson she needs to stop, and has ignored it because she was still able to get pregnant. But if a doctor simply says to her 'your womb cannot sustain a pregnancy any more and there's no medical fix for it' then I can imagine her going a bit crazy. There's no doctor-shopping that's going to solve that kind of infertility.

She'll avoid physicians. And she's already crazy.

Can anyone else see Jichelle pulling a Terri Schuester since she probably can't sustain another pregnancy? She'd definitely find some SAHD who got herself in trouble/disowned and adopt that baby. But she'd rock the prosthetic belly for the TLC cameras (and she's so modest we would never know :roll: ) and then "have the baby so quickly" that the cameras couldn't get there in time for the birth.

After my 3rd, I almost died from a post partum DVT. I was hours away from dying and if I hadn't been transferred to Einstein over in Philadelphia, I would have died. Hospital over here in NJ had no idea what they were doing.

I was told, by my cardiologist, while still in the ICU, that I was absolutely NOT to have any more children. As much as it disappointed me, my 3 children would have a live mother rather then my 4 children with a dead mother. My DH had the snippety snip a few months later.

M's level of selfishness constantly astounds me. Although technically, if she did die, the little ones wouldn't even notice as long as the J'Slaves were still there.

I just cannot understand, as a mother, how you could even think about leaving your kids.

After my 3rd, I almost died from a post partum DVT. I was hours away from dying and if I hadn't been transferred to Einstein over in Philadelphia, I would have died. Hospital over here in NJ had no idea what they were doing.

I was told, by my cardiologist, while still in the ICU, that I was absolutely NOT to have any more children. As much as it disappointed me, my 3 children would have a live mother rather then my 4 children with a dead mother. My DH had the snippety snip a few months later.

M's level of selfishness constantly astounds me. Although technically, if she did die, the little ones wouldn't even notice as long as the J'Slaves were still there.

I just cannot understand, as a mother, how you could even think about leaving your kids.

Because Michelle is not a mother. The J'Slaves are the kids' mothers.

Because Michelle is not a mother. The J'Slaves are the kids' mothers.

Yup. You are right. I guess it is just hard for me to accept that. I KNOW she is nuts and I KNOW she is all into the pregnancy/newborn thing but I still want to see the mother in her. Guess it is non existent.

It's brilliant, really. J'chelle can keep getting pregnant, having miscarriages, and then adding to her total number of kids, knowing that anyone in her circle who challenges her will be branded "not REALLY pro-life."

Archived