IGNORED

J'chelle's "Holy shit, what did I get myself into?" moment

bellicosebroad

I wasn't talking about now, though. Sure, hell, yeah, she loves her life now. She doesn't have to do anything because she's got the J'slaves well trained and can just bask in her TLC glory besides. I was talking about the earlier years, when A) she gave up all of who she was as a normal person to marry a fundy nutcase (and I'm sure she didn't know what that meant at 17) and B) when she (as anyone would be) would have been overwhelmed taking care of five, six seven small children with no help other than the occasional Magic Laundry Lady (with the older J'slaves still too small to be much help). It might be mostly peaches and roses in the remembering (or at least very glossed over "hard times"), but I bet it was hell at the time.

Good point. You're right; it seems likely she would have had such a "moment" when it was just 7 little kids and her. That might be why she is so keen to sit back and relax now.

My guess is that when she did have that "moment," instead of of doing any honest soul searching or prayer or whatever, she probably just found some kind of affirmation/praise for her lifestyle within Quiverfull propaganda, conferences, or company. That sort of thing could be what got her through. Of course, I think she quickly realized that being pregnant could entitle her to rest and attention that she wouldn't get any other way...and it seems like she was needing rest/attention especially much at her breakdown moment. Hence, more pregnancies.

Could someone please re-cap J'chelles reported "breakdown"?

Apparently when she "only" had 7 or so kids, she was up doing laundry in the middle of the night and started crying and praying for help from God. A church lady later randomly offered to come do her laundry for her.

It's funny that she has only had one of these breakdowns. I have them all the time. When you are up in the middle of the night studying or working, and so tired, and your to-do list is looming large on the horizon. In my case, the minor breakdown occurs when I realize that I am not going to bed that night, not at all.

But in my case, the tasks are usually time dependent, like a homework assignment or a writing job. Laundry? Fuck laundry, I would just go to bed. 8-)

Archived