IGNORED

The FJ quiz to see if you are smart enough to homeskool

Buzzard

I don't think most public high schoolers could answer these questions either and probably more than a few teachers-I had a teacher who thought DC was in Washington state and Subs who let us watch Cheech and Chong in math class and that was a very good school.

yepper. I went to private and public schools until I just couldn't tolerate the waste of time in highschool anymore ("good" school, too) "homeskooled" myself for grade 12, with proper accountability, of course. :lol: Some of the things listed here I wouldn't know at all if I didn't have a dad who basically gave me a second whole informal education during the course of my childhood under his roof. Cause I sure didn't learn it in school.

Various modes of education have their pros and cons. It isn't nice for people to dis all institutional learning, and there's absolutely a place for it. But it does work both ways, and in comparison to the rest of the developed world, our school system is clearly leaving something to be desired, even though individual schools might be fabulous vehicles for learning (just as individual homeschooling families can be fabulous vehicles for learning)

Archived