IGNORED

The FJ quiz to see if you are smart enough to homeskool

Buzzard

Considering we all come from such a wide array of disciplines I thought it would be interesting if everyone submitted a single question (and answer - highlight with cursor to see) in multiple choice form. Since our friends know absolutely everything I figure they will ace our test and prove themselves correct - that they are providing their children a well rounded education... NOT...

Law:

The Constitution of the United States

A) Has been amended 33 Times

B) Was influenced by Native American Teachings

C) Is the original governing document of the United States

D) Was written with the understanding that it would not be amended

E) Declared war on the British

answer: B

edited to fix my color and the results of cotton candy keyboard

Literature:

Raskolnikov was the central character in:

A) War and Peace

B) The Communist Manifesto

C) Crime and Punishment

D) Anna Karenina

Answer: C

What gives your hair its color?

A.) Melatonin

B.) Melanoma

C.) Melanin

D.) Megalomania

Art:

Monticello, home to Thomas Jefferson, was built in the _______________ style of architecture:

a) Gothic revival

b) neoclassical

c) romantic

d) Greek

e) Revolutionary War

Answer: B

What transports oxygen through your bloodstream?

A) White blood cells

B) Platelets

C) Antibodies

D) Hemoglobin

E) Hormones

Answer: D

Science

Which of the following is NOT a type of ionizing radiation:

A) Gamma rays

B) X-rays

C) UV light

D) Microwaves

Computer Science

The basic code that all computers run on is called what?

A) Microsoft

B) Binary

C) Gigabyte

D) RAM

History

Which Prime Minister led Britain through WWII:

A) Neville Chamberlain

B) Winston Churchill

C) Clement Attlee

D) Stanley Baldwin

US History:

The United States Pledge of Allegiance was modified to include the words "under God" in what year?

A: 1924

B: 1950

C: 1954

D: It was never modified; those words were included in the original draft

I did pretty badly on this quiz :lol: Guess that's one more reason NOT to homeschool my (nonexistent) children.

Science

A scientific theory is:

A) a statement of fact meant to describe, in concise terms, an action or set of actions

B) an explanation of a set of related observations or events based upon proven hypotheses and verified multiple times by detached groups of researchers

C) an educated guess based upon observation

D) an idea someone pulled out of their ass

Music:

The relative minor of C major is:

A. e minor

B. G major

C. a minor

D. c minor

Religion:

Martin Luther nailed his 99 Theses on what University City's door?

A. Magdeburg

B. Berlin

C. Bremen

D. Wittenberg

E. Stuttgart

If given the problem x2+2x-8=0, what are the possible values for x?

a. 2 and -8

b. 4 and -2

c. 2 and -4

d. 4 and -4

Bonus round:

What are two methods of solving this problem?

a. The Pythagorean theorem and PEMDAS

b. Factoring and the quadratic formula

c. The Fibonacci sequence and imaginary numbers

d. Square roots and the lowest common denominator

You might want to double check some of your spelling in the first post.

Plus, what's to stop everyone from looking up the answers online real quick?

I think that's a bit of a moot point. You don't think any fundies are going to actually take this, do you? Scoff. Where are all the questions about heart character?

Where must all United States appropriations bills originate?

a. The White House

b. The House of Representatives

c. The Senate

d. The Congressional Budget Office

e. None of the above

Firefox doesn't note any spelling errors in buzzard's post. What's spelled wrong?

Well, aside from "homeskool", which is obviously meant to be ironic.

Besides the fact that no fundie lurker will be taking this quiz, I'm not sure why anyone would bother cheating on it. It's just a bit of internet randomness...it's not like it counts for our final grade :P

History

Describe the history of the Papacy from its origins to the present day, concentrate specifically but not exclusively, on the social, political, economic, religious, and philosophical impact on Europe, Asia, America and Africa. Be brief, concise and specific.

Literature

Compose an epic poem based on the events of your own life in which you see and footnote allusions from T.S. Eliot, Keats, Chaucer, Dante, Norse mythology and the Marx brothers. Critique your poem with a full discussion of its metrics.

Music

Write a piano concerto. Orchestrate it and perform it with flute and drum. You will find a piano under your seat.

Religion

Assuming the Judeo-Christian moral structure, take the stand for Adam and Eve, and the eating of the forbidden fruit. Explain your position fully to a Chassidic Rabbi, and answer his arguments. An Anglican bishop will moderate this debate.

Logic

Using accepted methodology prove all four of the following: the universe is infinite; truth is beauty; there is not a little person who turns off the light in the refrigerator when you close the door, and that you are the person taking this exam. Now disprove all of the above. Be specific; show all work.

Philosophy

Sketch the development of human thought; estimate its significance. Compare with the development of any other kind of thought.

Epistemology

Take a position for or against truth. Prove the validity of your position.

Medicine

You have been provided with a razor blade, a piece of gauze, and a bottle of Scotch. Remove your own appendix. Do not suture until your work has been inspected. You have fifteen minutes.

Biology

Create life. Estimate the differences in subsequent human culture if this form of life had developed five hundred years earlier, with special attention to the probable effects on the English Parliamentary system. Prove your thesis.

Psychology

Employing principles from the major schools of psychoanalytic thought, successfully subject yourself to analysis. Make appropriate personality changes, bill yourself and fill out all medical insurance forms. Now do the same to the person seated to your immediate left. Also, based on your degree of knowledge of their works, evaluate the emotional stability, degree of adjustment, and repressed frustrations of each of the following Alexander of Aphrodisias, Rameses II, Gregory of Nicea, Hammurabi. Support your evaluations with quotations from each man's work, making appropriate references. It is not necessary to translate.

Sociology

Estimate the sociological problems that might accompany the end of the world. Construct and experiment to test your theory.

Economics

Develop a realistic plan for refinancing the national debt. Trace the possible effects of you plan in the following areas Cubism, the Donatist controversy, the wave theory of light. Outline a method from all points of view. Point out deficiencies in your argument as demonstrated in your answer to the last question.

Public Speaking

2,500 riot-crazed students are storming the classroom. Calm them. You may use any ancient language except Latin or Greek.

Physics

Explain the nature of matter. Include in your answer an evaluation of the impact of the development of mathematics on science.

Engineering

The disassembled parts of a high-powered rifle have been placed in a box on your desk. You will also find an instruction manual, printed in Swahili. In ten minutes a hungry Bengal tiger will be admitted to the room. Take whatever action you feel is appropriate..

Political Science

There is a red telephone on the desk behind you. Start World War III. Report at length on its socio-political effects, if any.

Mathematics

Give today's date, in metric.

Chemistry

Transform lead into gold. You will find a tripod and three logs under your seat. Show all work including Feynman diagrams and quantum functions for all steps. You have fifteen minutes.

General Knowledge

Describe in detail. Be objective and specific.

Extra Credit

Define the Universe. Give two examples.

LilMissMetaphor, you just proved it.

The Evil Public School Graduates can't follow directions. :lol:

Medicine I think I can handle if I can stop screaming, sociology I might enjoy rather TOO much, I'd get lynched for Econ, my Aramaic is hilarious, I shove the stock down the tiger's unwilling throat by pinching the nostrils and clamping the jaws, I tell Putin that a dog was his mother and I crap on his father's grave, all the others I'm hosed on, and finally I conclude that I really ought to kill the examiner with a paperclip, the previously mentioned piano wire, and the remaining 1/3 bottle of Scotch.

I was homeschooled (until high school). Following directions was never my strong suit, either way...

Firefox doesn't note any spelling errors in buzzard's post. What's spelled wrong?

Well, it was there last night. I swear. Maybe I had a senior moment? This is a conspiracy. Y'all are persecuting me for my beliefs!!!!....nawww, just can't rant like that.

Thing is, for the lurking fundies, figured we should point out the obvious, like that you could look up the answers on the evil internet. Not that many of them would believe any non-fundie sources or anything.

Mrsanniebgood, Martin Luther posted 95 Theses, not 99. Whoops! Sorry, but as a former Lutheran I had to correct that. :P

Third try...this keeps disappearing.

English

Explain how and when to use of each of the following words. Use each correctly in a sentence.

their, there, and they're

your and you're

its and it's

a and an

who and whom

good and well

What is a double negative? What effect does the use of a double negative have on a sentence?

Bonus question for Jim Bob: Explain how to correctly use the words see and seen. There is a difference, even for a family patriarch in Arkansas.

What gives your hair its color?

A.) Melatonin

B.) Melanoma

C.) Melanin

D.) Megalomania

With Dougie and his buddies, the answer is definitely D. :gay-male:

I don't think most public high schoolers could answer these questions either and probably more than a few teachers-I had a teacher who thought DC was in Washington state and Subs who let us watch Cheech and Chong in math class and that was a very good school.

Archived