IGNORED

Famy Duggar

Daenerys

HAHAHA

more like take your shoes off and hurl them ala Bush in Iraq style!

If she's so clearly got "it" then why hasnt she used some of her duggar fame to get on american idol or something useful? Oh right, because she'd get eliminated because she sucks...

There was an article on examiner.com that said that Famy was recording an album in Nashville, but they weren't a lot of details. My bet is that she was recording at a small indie label. Famy isn't the type of singer that major labels would want and she really doesn't have the look either and I'm not trying to be mean.

I remember Famy saying last summer on FB that she was working at a Wal-Mart store.

TLC has also lied about Famy on the show. The tract house she lives in actually belongs to Mary Duggar. I think Deanna lives in that house too.

The house is jointly in Deanna's and Mary's names.

Don't remember her saying anything about Wal-Mart. THAT would have been posted here and I check in almost daily, even if it's between 12-1 in the morning.

• 2 months later...

Amy is going to NYC. I wonder if the rest of the Duggars are going along too?

AmyDuggaramyduggaronTwitter.png

ETA this gem:

AmyDuggaramyduggaronTwitter-1.png

How sinful! The lyrics to Shakira's "Underneath Your Clothes", I wonder if Boob and Mullet would approve?

Amy is going to NYC. I wonder if the rest of the Duggars are going along too?

AmyDuggaramyduggaronTwitter.png

ETA this gem:

AmyDuggaramyduggaronTwitter-1.png

How sinful! The lyrics to Shakira's "Underneath Your Clothes", I wonder if Boob and Mullet would approve?

Actually, I don't think she even realized what she was quoting there. Probably trying to sound deep.

Her "philosophical" crap is on par of a 10 year old. Poor thing; she's got 2 brain cells and they're obviously fighting each other.

If she's so clearly got "it" then why hasnt she used some of her duggar fame to get on american idol or something useful? Oh right, because she'd get eliminated because she sucks...

I think Famy has tried using some of her "Duggar fame" as way to get into the music business and it didn't work for her. She doesn't have the right look for Nashville. Her voice is ok but it isn't great. Being connected to people who have had some mass media attention or who have connections in certain industries no longer helps some people trying to break through. Colbie Cailat's dad is a well known music producer who worked with Fleetwood Mac and other well known bands for a long time. Colbie only landed a record deal because of MySpace networking that she took on after being rejected by labels. Hilary Scott who is the female lead singer of Lady Antebellum is the daughter of Linda Davis who sang a duet with Reba McEntire back in the 90's. Before Hilary was in Lady A, she had a record deal that was dropped before recording sessions started. Both Colbie and Hilary tried to get on American Idol, but they were rejected during the mass cattle calls. The same thing could to happen to Famy if she tried to get on American Idol.

Another problem with Famy is that she exaggerates the popularity of her relatives. She doesn't realize that the Duggars are pretty much on the bottom of the reality show totem pole.

I think Famy has tried using some of her "Duggar fame" as way to get into the music business and it didn't work for her. She doesn't have the right look for Nashville. Her voice is ok but it isn't great. Being connected to people who have had some mass media attention or who have connections in certain industries no longer helps some people trying to break through. Colbie Cailat's dad is a well known music producer who worked with Fleetwood Mac and other well known bands for a long time. Colbie only landed a record deal because of MySpace networking that she took on after being rejected by labels. Hilary Scott who is the female lead singer of Lady Antebellum is the daughter of Linda Davis who sang a duet with Reba McEntire back in the 90's. Before Hilary was in Lady A, she had a record deal that was dropped before recording sessions started. Both Colbie and Hilary tried to get on American Idol, but they were rejected during the mass cattle calls. The same thing could to happen to Famy if she tried to get on American Idol.

Another problem with Famy is that she exaggerates the popularity of her relatives. She doesn't realize that the Duggars are pretty much on the bottom of the reality show totem pole.

Despite being the daughter of Ken Cailat, Colbie is very talented imo. She posted her work on Myspace and people responded positively to her music. She has raw talent and appeals to a wider audience. Does Amy even write any of her own stuff? Or play an actual instrument?

Isn't famy too old to break into the industry now? Most solo acts are teenagers when they make it big....

She isn't too old to break into the country music industry. There have been some solo acts who made it big in their 20's. With Famy, I don't think she has the right look or voice for the industry.

Okay, a nanny is a real job, so that's good!

A nanny is a real job. But, when your cousins have 19 kids, it's very easy to go over once in a while, babysit, and call yourself a nanny for lack of a real career.

A nanny is a real job but in my opinion a babysitter is not and Amy fits into the babysitter category to me. I see a nanny as somebody who is there on a regular schedule while the parents work or for the very rich have "me time". A babysitter watches kids while parents go out to dinner, when daycare is closed or their regular nanny has a day off.

I like how they had to brag on her website how she has over 1,000 followers on Twitter and Facebook like as if she's up there with some well known people. 1,000 followers is nothing and although some people know who the Duggars are, doesn't mean they're A list celebrities as they seriously believe. I bet you if you went around asking random people off the streets if they know who the Duggars are without having to explain "the family with 19 children", they'll just stare, say "no" and walk away.

Amy is seriously full of herself. She acts like she's drank the kool aid to fit in more with her mom's side of the family but it's all an act. In the beginning, it seemed like Smuggar could have cared less about Famy and now, all of the sudden, they're buddy buddy, hanging out at different events and even meeting up for lunch/dinner.

Famy is a 25 year old with a mental age of a typical 14 year old. She has no important life skills to get through life and truly believes she's the next big thing in the Christian music industry and using her family's "stardom" to get there. I have cousins who are 17 and 18 years old and could do circles around Famy's maturity level. She's little miss prissy pants who likes to show off her Coach handbags and sunglasses than learn a few life skills.

If anything, she's just picking up a few things here and there until she finds some rich guy who can completely provide for her and her Coach shopping spree.

I've heard her sing--nothing music industry worthy.

Famy is a 25 year old with a mental age of a typical 14 year old.

Agreed. Family pictures of the Duggars show Amy interacting more with her little cousins than those who are closer to her age. Joy seems to have matured beyond Amy now. It is nice for the Little J kids to see a different sort of female - but Amy is just a SAHD wearing pants, who likes to sing.

I love to go to antique mall with my grandma, spending time with all of her cousins, anything outdoors and shopping

So she spends time with all of her grandma's cousins?

Agreed. Family pictures of the Duggars show Amy interacting more with her little cousins than those who are closer to her age. Joy seems to have matured beyond Amy now. It is nice for the Little J kids to see a different sort of female - but Amy is just a SAHD wearing pants, who likes to sing.

Maybe she hangs out with the littler kids because she can't relate to the ones her age AT ALL. I don't think it's such a bad thing.

I'm sorry if this has been answered elsewhere - why is Amy's last name Duggar if her mother is Jim Bob's sister? Wouldn't she have her own father's last name?

I'm sorry if this has been answered elsewhere - why is Amy's last name Duggar if her mother is Jim Bob's sister? Wouldn't she have her own father's last name?

Because she's a famewhore and if she went by her real name of Amy Jordan, nobody would know who she was.

I just cannot believe that Amy is 110 lbs.

She's a slim girl, but not a twiglet.

How tall is Amy, though? Maybe she's short enough that she's within a normal-range BMI.

How tall is Amy, though? Maybe she's short enough that she's within a normal-range BMI.

It says she's 5'2". I don't believe she's 110. I think she's closer to 125-130. I'm 5'3", and when I was 110, I looked much thinner. Her build is more similar to what I look like at about 130.

19KAC's days are numbered at this point and the question is whether the show will end this year or maybe one more season. I wonder if Famy will keep using the Duggar name. I bet once the show ends some of her Twitter followers will unfollow her. Some people follow her to get extra dirt or info on the Duggars. On FB, some people were only friends with her to ask her stuff about the Duggars and Famy revealed once about Josh's previous engagement.

I think Amy is perfectly suited for the role she plays on 19KAC...the foil. She's got charm on camera. I think she could be the kind of person that goes on the local news morning show and tries the portable mechanical bull set up in the square for the rodeo, or is taught how to milk goats on camera. It's what she's been doing. I could see her on CMT doing stuff like that, but not singing.

I think Amy is perfectly suited for the role she plays on 19KAC...the foil. She's got charm on camera. I think she could be the kind of person that goes on the local news morning show and tries the portable mechanical bull set up in the square for the rodeo, or is taught how to milk goats on camera. It's what she's been doing. I could see her on CMT doing stuff like that, but not singing.

I could see her being CMT or GAC hosting things. She kind of does act like Nan Kelly.

Archived