IGNORED

Famy Duggar

Daenerys

What is she actually doing with her life? I can't believe that she's 25, she comes across like a teenager! I know she's got that fake-ass 'singing' career going on but that can't be bringing in much money, nor the TV show considering she's only a minor character. So WTF is she actually doing all day?

TBH if I was a Duggar and Famy was my experience of a 'normal' person in the outside world, I wouldn't be clamouring to leave home! I know they have seen otherwise now, but before the TV show started she must have been an awful advertisment of 'normality' to the older children!

She's 25?!? Wow, when I was 25 I was divorced, had a kid, a job, and a house! (I'm not saying that my choices were the best, but I was a grown up and she doesn't seem to be one at all!)

She's 25?!? Wow, when I was 25 I was divorced, had a kid, a job, and a house! (I'm not saying that my choices were the best, but I was a grown up and she doesn't seem to be one at all!)

I have none of the above, but still believe I am grown up ;)..well...most of the time

There was an article on examiner.com that said that Famy was recording an album in Nashville, but they weren't a lot of details. My bet is that she was recording at a small indie label. Famy isn't the type of singer that major labels would want and she really doesn't have the look either and I'm not trying to be mean.

I remember Famy saying last summer on FB that she was working at a Wal-Mart store.

TLC has also lied about Famy on the show. The tract house she lives in actually belongs to Mary Duggar. I think Deanna lives in that house too.

I have none of the above, but still believe I am grown up ;)..well...most of the time

Oh, no; I didn't mean that that is the only wat to be a grown up! I just re-read it and it does sound like that. I'm really sorry! What i meant is that at her age, I was an adult, not trying to be the fundie version of Snookie on TV. I wasn't that silly and annoying at 14.

Seriously, Amy needs to go to college or get a job, do something with her life!

Oh, and I think her ditziness is why the Duggar kids are alowed to hang out with her, kind of a "See how silly other people are? You don't want to be like her!".

I read somewhere (I think Facebook before she made it private) that she went to a Christian college in Missouri and she has a job as a nanny.

I call bullshit on Amy being a nanny. Nannies have to be reliable and not take off for long trips with extended family. Amy is no more a nanny than Josh is an entrepreneur or John-David is a towing company operator.

Guest Anonymous

If I were Amy, I would have a "Plan B" in place to sustain myself after Uncle Jim Bob's gravy train comes to a screeching halt. And I think that will happen a lot sooner than she thinks, since most people are already less enamored with them than they were even as recently as two years ago.

It's hard to believe she's 25.

She's hanging because TLC is paying her to be the "normal girl in jeans", but if she really were a normal "girl" she wouldn't be acting like a perpetual 15 year old. And a ditzy one at that.

I think the show will be ending sooner than expected. By now the general public has some sense that Michelle isn't leaving things to her God, but is instead actively seeking these pregnancies to keep the show, the books, the Today Show appearances, etc. going. It's either the money, the fame or some combination of both. Once the show deals with the miscarriage, I think people will turn away for good. Only their most ardent fangirls and boys won't be able to see that they should have learned their lesson with Josie and what's really driving these folks is hardly godly.

I don't believe Amy finished college; might have only attended for a semester or a year. Rather than being a full-time nanny, Amy babsits when it suits her schedule. She definitely acts much younger than 25. It doesn't surprise me that Mary Duggar owns the house they live in. Hoepfully Deanna pays her mom rent...

I just don't even understand why she calls herself Amy Duggar when that isn't even her real name - just another stretch to claim fame I guess. She annoys the heck out of me and I think that you can tell how when she is with the Duggar fam she is always sitting by, talking to, or hanging out with Joy - not the older girls closer to her own age. I think that shows a lack of maturity as well.

I just don't even understand why she calls herself Amy Duggar when that isn't even her real name - just another stretch to claim fame I guess. She annoys the heck out of me and I think that you can tell how when she is with the Duggar fam she is always sitting by, talking to, or hanging out with Joy - not the older girls closer to her own age. I think that shows a lack of maturity as well.

The story, as told by Amy, is that her parents weren't married when she was born (they actually did marry a few years ago). Typically (though not always) in the US, kids take the last name (surname) of the father (if he is known and in the picture). Deanna' maiden name is Duggar, as she is JB's sister. But she is now married to Terry Jordan. I guess that makes Deanna a "feminist" because we all know that feminists don't change their names when they get married. :roll:

(That's meant to be sarcastic.)

I think Amy using the Duggar name is just way for to get around in Nashville and to feel like she is famous. The big problem with Amy is that the Duggars aren't as popular as she thinks they are. Last summer when she was addressing Duggar haters on FB, she said that the show got high ratings partially because of the haters. 19 Kids and Counting isn't a ratings juggernaut. The ratings have been 1 to 1.5 million that isn't horrible for a cable show, but it isn't great when other cable reality shows get 4 million viewers or more. The Duggars are pretty much on bottom of reality show totem pole, many people don't pay attention to them that much and just know them as that "large family on TV. " The Duggars don't even any well known fans.

Amy made herself look stupid when she got a 1,000 twitter followers. She acted like she was an A-list celeb and I laughed at her because there are other reality show celebs that a lot more twitter followers than a 1,000.

I agree with others in this thread, the show is likely going to end sooner than expected for Famy and the Duggars. When the show ends, some people will unfollow Famy on FB and Twitter.

I'm her friend on FB and she's not in college. It also doesn't show her as ever attending a college. I had no idea she was 25, that's nuts. I'm 25 and I always felt like she seemed waay immature, like 19, maybe. She has a new boyfriend every week though it seems and then about 2 weeks later she's lamenting and quoting some dumb country song about how he broke her heart, etc. etc. Guess she should take a hint from the Duggar girls and choose the courting route! ;)

I also saw on FB, apparently her mom is always trying to make it in the singing industry: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Deanna-Du ... 09?sk=info :lol:

.....trying to be the fundie version of Snookie on TV....

I totally snorted at that! So true!!! :lol:

...Oh, and I think her ditziness is why the Duggar kids are alowed to hang out with her, kind of a "See how silly other people are? You don't want to be like her!"....

agree completely... you can just see the looks on a lot of the older girls faces when interacting with people that aren't in their 'circle' ...their eyes start rolling and the glare and tight lips, its oh so obvious, and not very Christian :naughty:

Amy made herself look stupid when she got a 1,000 twitter followers. She acted like she was an A-list celeb and I laughed at her because there are other reality show celebs that a lot more twitter followers than a 1,000.

My HOA has more than 1000 twitter followers... and we've only sent 2 tweets.

My prediction is that Amy writes a song to be sung during the J'fetus funeral ep. Then she'll put it on youtube and pray.

I thought Famy (AKA Cousin Oliver) was about the same age as Smugger? However, looking at her webpage, she is 25.

Hint to Famy/Cousin Oliver- if you're going to put artist's names on your website and gush how much you like them and how they influenced you, please spell their name correctly. I'm sure Martina McBride wouldn't think you were such a big devotee if she saw that you misspelled her name on your website. There is this search engine (have your Aunt Michelle say those words for you and then you can spell them back to her) called Google, Famy/Cousin Oliver. Use it.

Who told Famy/Cousin Oliver that she was the "total package"? Were they hit with the stupid stick or something?? Also, why does she have her weight listed on her website? Oh, and Famy/Cousin Oliver likes to read devotions at night..... I think I threw up in my mouth a little there.... I don't think she's reading devotions, maybe Cosmo or Glamour, but not the Bible.

For more sidesplitting laughter go to:

amyduggar.com/Amy Duggar Bio.html

HAHAHA

Amy Duggar, singer and television personality, has “Instant like-ability.†When you see her perform in person or meet her at her autograph table at a concert the Arkansas native will make you feel right at home. Her music and personality will make you want to “take off your shoes and stay awhile,â€

more like take your shoes off and hurl them ala Bush in Iraq style!

I thought Famy (AKA Cousin Oliver) was about the same age as Smugger? However, looking at her webpage, she is 25.

Hint to Famy/Cousin Oliver- if you're going to put artist's names on your website and gush how much you like them and how they influenced you, please spell their name correctly. I'm sure Martina McBride wouldn't think you were such a big devotee if she saw that you misspelled her name on your website. There is this search engine (have your Aunt Michelle say those words for you and then you can spell them back to her) called Google, Famy/Cousin Oliver. Use it.

Who told Famy/Cousin Oliver that she was the "total package"? Were they hit with the stupid stick or something?? Also, why does she have her weight listed on her website? Oh, and Famy/Cousin Oliver likes to read devotions at night..... I think I threw up in my mouth a little there.... I don't think she's reading devotions, maybe Cosmo or Glamour, but not the Bible.

For more sidesplitting laughter go to:

amyduggar.com/Amy Duggar Bio.html

I also think Famy lies about reading the Bible and being very religious. She probably says that crap as way to suck up to Boob.

Archived