IGNORED

Alte at Traditional Catholicism Flounces at Her Own Blog

GolightlyGrrl

Alte seems like a sad little woman with a sad little life. I don't know, the stuff about my husband expects three real meals a day/I was told to stop nagging... it's just not how my husband and I live and i'm glad for that. We're a team. we work together. There's no nagging, though I do remind him to do the important things he puts off (like going to the doctor) as he does me, and we appreciate each other doing so.

She's probably so anti-emotion because her husband tells her to shut the F up and rub his feet when she cries. I feel sorry for their children (especially the girls); three hot meals a day don't make up for growing up with that kind of mean as a mother.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, that was shocking. We really should invite Jane over here, for tea and sympathy if nothing else.

As for Svar; seriously little boy, if you ever speak to me that way I will rip you the biggest, shiniest new arsehole you have ever seen.

I wish Jane had a blog. I'd totally leave her a supportive comment.

ouch. that was downright painful.

the editor's comments, that chick BF sniveling and apologizing, and lordy me that svar. what a freakshow.

I believe Traditional Catholics deny Vatican II ever happened.

My younger sister's best friend growing up became one of these people: married at 18 (their china pattern was Disney), 6 kids by 27. If she had a blog FJ would love it.

I don't get how you can deny Vatican II. Either you believe Catholic doctrine that the Pope has a direct go to line to God and what he and the Council decrees is the word of God, or you don't. And if you don't, you don't believe in Catholicism. I mean, it's like the founding precept of the religion.

Vatican II was more about doing the mass in the vernacular (not Latin), women no longer having to cover their hair, etc. Mel Gibson is a pre-Vat2 Catholic. I used to teach in a Catholic school that had been pre-vat2, but the priest was murdered in the school hallway (never solved) and the new priest and nuns were "Liberals"--yeah, right. (The nuns still wore skirt habits (though knee length) and insisted on nylons with sandals for the teachers. I refused.) It was described as "almost like a Catholic cult" before they came in, with books from the 50's and the windows painted black and parents not allowed in the building. Kids would graduate 8th grade and then be "homeschooled" for a while and get married off around 16. Scary.

I don't get how you can deny Vatican II. Either you believe Catholic doctrine that the Pope has a direct go to line to God and what he and the Council decrees is the word of God, or you don't. And if you don't, you don't believe in Catholicism. I mean, it's like the founding precept of the religion.

Well, there are some out there who think Vatican II was a left turn, a bad thing. They like the fact that a Latin Mass is being encouraged again. Then there are those who think V2 was a bad thing, but don't like the current Latin Mass because it's not the Tridentine Mass from the 16th century. These people tend to head off to the SSPX (schismatic order founded by Archbishop Lefebvre). From there it gets progressively weirder, because everyone who has hived off from the SSPX tends to believe that there hasn't been a valid pope since before John XXIII (who opened V2). These guys are the sedevacantists (vacant seat or chair of St. Peter). I believe they spend their time comparing who has the better episcopal consecrations (since it takes bishops to make priests). Then there are the independent priests who got an ordination from somewhere and are running chapels and saying the Latin Mass without oversight from anyone. Some of these guys are also looking for episcopal consecrations so they can start their own little fiefdoms.

The current pope's been trying to get the SSPX back into the church for some time now, in large part because the SSPX has four validly but illicitly consecrated bishops who could conceivably make more bishops as needed. Apparently things have stalled since he lifted the excommunication of these bishops a couple of years back. One of the bishops, Williamson, paid Benedict back by proceeding to mouth off on TV how the Holocaust never happened. He's facing trial in Germany. Yikes.

Vatican II was more about doing the mass in the vernacular (not Latin), women no longer having to cover their hair, etc. Mel Gibson is a pre-Vat2 Catholic. I used to teach in a Catholic school that had been pre-vat2, but the priest was murdered in the school hallway (never solved) and the new priest and nuns were "Liberals"--yeah, right. (The nuns still wore skirt habits (though knee length) and insisted on nylons with sandals for the teachers. I refused.) It was described as "almost like a Catholic cult" before they came in, with books from the 50's and the windows painted black and parents not allowed in the building. Kids would graduate 8th grade and then be "homeschooled" for a while and get married off around 16. Scary.

I saw a woman on TV who was raised somewhat like this. It was kind of extreme Catholicism where they home schooled and even home-churched. How they did that, I don't know. Because with-out a priest, I don't see how they turned the Host and Blood in to Holy Sacraments. Then, at 18 she went into a convent for a little while to escape the extremism at home, then went out on her own. She said she felt trapped being that she had no access to the outside world, so she used the convent as a way out.

I guess there's extremists in every group. I find that it's more about control than it is about faith or beliefs. I've heard Mel Gibson has his own chapel on the grounds of his estate. So, maybe he "home churches" too, I don't know.

From Wikipedia:

The title is based on the Gnostic notion of an Æon[4] – emanations of God – specifically the Valentinian notion of a syzygy,[5] a sexually complementary pair of emanations, here the two main characters. The Gnostic influence is also present in the use of a demiurge in one episode.[4] To avoid the "Æ" ligature, the title is often spelled Aeon Flux

I thought it was kind of fitting. Aren't we all emanations of God? And I <3 her pose in that shot. I look EXACTLY LIKE THAT. :shock:

Mirele, WOW. That's really interesting. Where's the best place to find information about Catholic schisms like that?

Rosa, there's no one and only site, nor is there a really good history and basically you're stuck having to use your Google-fu on the usual suspects. You can start with Archbishop Lefebvre and the SSPX, moving through to the SSPV and CMRI and various other weird little offshoots and independent chapels. Then there are all the modern claimants to the papacy--oh my heaven (this Wikipedia link will give you the major participants: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antipope#M ... _to_papacy ).

I should note that the most famous "traditionalist" and "possible sedevacantist" in the world is one Mel Gibson. Yes THAT Mel Gibson. It's also worth noting that the 14th century saw popes, antipopes and what was called the "Babylonian Exile", where the papacy and curia (church bureaucracy) removed itself to Avignon to escape influence by notable Roman families. It's all very fascinating.

Hubby arrives home with groceries. Complains that I dress nicer for other people than I do for him — not true!

So she looks like shit for everyone then?

That husband is quite a catch there, btw.

Hm! They're really having a go at FJ (or fj, as they sometimes call it) and Lady Lydia is very "in" on the fun.

Click on the "about" tab on her homepage to see the riveting dialogue.

Srsly, when I read discussions like that, I feel very inclined to post only when I have something to say that is likely to amaze the room. As of 29 June they were simply "ain't it awful"-ing back and forth.

I'd like to think that most of the time, the discussion on FJ ... or fj ... actually is constructive.

(And then I think about posting a photo of the Reno911! guys in kilts and ... despair. :think: )

Hm! They're really having a go at FJ (or fj, as they sometimes call it) and Lady Lydia is very "in" on the fun.

Click on the "about" tab on her homepage to see the riveting dialogue.

Srsly, when I read discussions like that, I feel very inclined to post only when I have something to say that is likely to amaze the room. As of 29 June they were simply "ain't it awful"-ing back and forth.

I'd like to think that most of the time, the discussion on FJ ... or fj ... actually is constructive.

(And then I think about posting a photo of the Reno911! guys in kilts and ... despair. :think: )

Ha Ha Ha. That was great read!! They are truly a piece of work. BTW, this may have been before my time but what did FJ do to Lady Lydia. She sure has her granny panties in knot about us.

One of my faves from the awesomeness that is Svar:

Lydia, I think I am developing a new anti-femtroll tactic: acting like a mix between Roissy, Tucker Max and a Fascist German Dokter. Oh und not caring about what a bunch of useless, undesirable harlots think of me: their wunderbar hatred is just sooo refreshing!

Damn, if I'm a harlot, I demand to be getting far more action then I have! Also where is our wunderbar of hatred located, it sounds yummy!!

Eh, that blog is as interesting as watching a rock win a race. Let them have their fun over there as they really do smell and I don't want to have to use the frebreeze.

I just read that thread and all I can say is "Whatevs, beee-otches" Seriously this is such a diverse, insightful, productive and freakin' funny group. What have they got ? Squat, as far as I can see.

Oh noes, I can't find it. Does anyone have a link?

traditionalcatholicism.wordpress.com/about/

Some more words of wisdom for Svar

Thing is Lydia, the Free Jinger harpies are actually very sensitive. They may show some unbelievable amounts of cruelty when they flock to feed on the souls of Christianfolk, however, when you counter their little underhanded attacks, they melt like little snowflakes. I have learned from some of the best(Tucker, Roissy, Ferd, Chuck, Maddox, Keoni and even more) on how to deal with femtrolls. Also, I have learned about their standard shaming tactics-none of which work on me-due to the manosphere. So, in essence, none of their best attempts to keep me down will work and I can over power them in terms of sheer cruelty and brutality(on top of that I’ll find the whole deal to be amusing). The thing is, it doesn’t bother me when they attack people like me or Ferd or Alte, but it does bother me when they attack people like you-who just want to do their own thing in peace and don’t want to get into any of this.

I know one of us out there has a Tony Translator. I think we need a Svar translator.

Also, I think femtroll should be a new rank.

Heh. We're harassing them by simply reading their blogs apparently? But when they read here, they are BRILLIANT. Alte should start an anti-FJ. Except, that would be hella boring.

eta: hella boring like her blog and like that Svar guy who is obviously 12 as he thinks using a fake German accent is funny.

Also where is our wunderbar of hatred located, it sounds yummy!!

Wunderbar of Hatred is located on the top floor (beautiful view). We have a happy hour every night 5-8.

Wunderbar of Hatred is located on the top floor (beautiful view). We have a happy hour every night 5-8.

Let's do a shot every time a fundie verbs a noun.

Aww bless, someone in the comments seems to want a free jinger snark badge.

Posted by Chris on June 29, 2011 at 4:24 pm

Alte, today (Thursday where I am) has Jesus’ condemnation as the Gospel reading in the lectionary.

I read this after watching the news over breakfast with the boys. I’m struck, this time, as how raw the injustice was and how Pilate chose to pander to the mob. (Which is a very classical interpretation of this).

Linked to FreeJinger (and you, when you get going you are brilliant) this AM @ my place. The interesting thing will be if they try to comment, or just dismiss be as another man lobotomised by testosterone. And I hope you read what Terry said about you and the anchoress yesterday (which I agree with).

Sugar, if you're a misogynist dipshit, we'll get round to you in good time. But you have got to have something good. Anyway right now we've got a waiting list so would you like us to add your name?

Here's the post on his blog he is referring to. Not breaking the link because he knows about us and seemingly can't wait for us harlots to get started on him.

http://pukeko.net.nz/blog/2011/06/mobs- ... ucks-more/

Archived