IGNORED

Alte at Traditional Catholicism Flounces at Her Own Blog

GolightlyGrrl

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is one kuh-razy exchange. I have never read at that blog, and I can see that I don't need to. It sounds like Alte was looking for "OMGeez, you work so hard!" and totally flipped out when she got

And if I were Alte's mother, I'd smack her in the head. Ohhhhh, what a twunt Alte's mother was for working outside the home...

The funny thing is, they're all as bad as each other! Even the ones who are espousing women's rights only go so far.

I guess you have a right to edit comments on your own blog, but those

"Editor" notes in the middle of a comment are driving me nuts.

Holy shit, what a bitch! And that weird dude in the middle of it all advocating acting like an asshole because women just love it. Dang, that was insane. :shock:

Am I on crack without my knowledge or did the chick just use the phrase "take it up the ass?" Is that really good Christian talk? Maybe that's why fundies don't like Catholics - they're potty mouths!

Svar sounds dreamy. If only I could find such a godly man!!

“Also, emotional abuse is definitely a reason for abuse–let’s see how you like to be called stupid, a bitch, a whore, that you’re not good for nothing every day…then tell me if that’s not abuse!â€

Jane, I’m a guy. We are able to do something called “getting over itâ€. Also, after a while it toughens a guy up. My dad used corporal punishment quite a bit when I was a kid. I’m grateful; it has instilled discipline in me and prevented me from being a whiny, nasally-voiced bitch.

Jane, I wouldn’t call my wife a bitch unless I was really pissed off and lost control of my words. Also, I don’t care if she doesn’t get over it; she will sooner or later. As for apologizing, I’m not going to grovel; it’s just a word. I will admit that I made a mistake; sorries are for special eff ups on my part.

I wrote a comment:

Today was the first time I’ve stumbled across your blog. I read this entry and thought it was interesting and funny. And then I read the comments. Do you people really consider yourself Christians? Forgive my ignorance as I was raised an atheist, but I thought Christians were kind, even to those who respectfully disagree with them. Isn’t there a line in the Bible about loving one’s enemies? I’m just really, really surprised at the sarcasm, the derisiveness and the utter lack of charity towards Jane, who seemed to be trying to uphold a civil conversation from her perspective. She wasn’t writing things about “taking it up the ass†or calling people “drama queens†or “histrionic.†Now my ignorance of religion may be mucking up my understanding of how Christians are to behave, but aren’t you supposed to communicate with others in a peaceful and respectful manner? There’s so much vitriol against someone who doesn’t agree with everything you have to say and your response is not to engage in meaningful dialogue but to harangue her? I thought I was going to enjoy your blog. I guess I won’t be coming back.

Svar, I had a father who grew up in a very emotionally and physically abusive home. I have spent my whole life watching the results of that abuse. Emotional abuse is often times much, much worse than physical abuse.

Doubt it will get posted. Or, if it is, it will be even more fuel on their hatred fires. I just don't get it. What horribly mean and cruel people. Which, I know, she'd probably be crying persecution if she found us talking about her here, but Jane was trying to talk civilly. I just feel disgusted on her behalf.

I'm mad shocked that awesome guy Svar doesn't have to beat off female admirers. Oh, wait. He wouldn't beat them off. He'd just call them bitches.

What a bitch. Seriously. She's really, totally consumed with visions of witty repartee and intelligence, isn't she? I'll make fun of many of the fundies but at least they attempt to be somewhat kind for the most part. She's just downright mean for no real purpose whatsoever. Her sarcasm and entitled attitude makes Emily look downright sweet. I'm sorry I stooped to comment again on her blog but I just can't understand espousing Christianity and then go around treating someone as terribly as she and her minions did Jane. Just for no reason but because she's just a raging bitch.

I am disturbed that she pals around with MRAs, but not surprised. Well, a little. I guess men who are pick-up artists *snort* get a pass, but God forbid a woman want to work outside her home. Men like Svar there creep me the fuck out.

Honestly, I didn't say anything snarky to Svar because he's the type of man who will hunt a chick down and murder her for dissing him online. I get THAT creepy a vibe from him. Seriously disturbed.

Honestly, I didn't say anything snarky to Svar because he's the type of man who will hunt a chick down and murder her for dissing him online. I get THAT creepy a vibe from him. Seriously disturbed.

YES. Thank you for putting words to that feeling.

Men like Svar are also the reason why I no longer meet anyone alone. Screw it, if you really want to get to know me, I come with people.

I looked at a couple other posts, on which Svar was gracious enough to post. He's apparently 18. Nice. :roll:

Holy hell that was painful. What is so strange to me is the language she uses (don't get me wrong, I curse like a sailor but I also don't proclaim to be a model of Christianity) and the vile rhetoric spouted from some of her "followers." Strange little community they got goin' there....

I have a dumb question - how are the "traditional catholics" even Catholic? Like, do they believe they secretly know who the true Pope is (that's how the splinter group Mormons seem to run - they just believe their founder was secretly the real next Prophet and something happened that led the LDS to choose the wrong guy)

From what I've read (on Fisheaters, etc.), Traditional Catholics tend to identify as politically conservative first, Catholic second. So it's more important to make sure no more abortions happen EVURRRRR than to act in a Christian manner. And if they have to be crude, rude, and sexist to make points, so be it. Seriously, Fisheaters is kind of appalling for a "Christian" forum.

Wow, that was shocking. We really should invite Jane over here, for tea and sympathy if nothing else.

As for Svar; seriously little boy, if you ever speak to me that way I will rip you the biggest, shiniest new arsehole you have ever seen.

Guest Anonymous

I couldn't believe Butterfly Flower actually groveled to be allowed to stay. Who wants to be the target in a pissing contest?

The comment thread shocked me. Not only was the 'editor' input ridiculously rude, but the profanity threw me. Then I realized that most of the commentors were insane and if you tried to put something against what she wrote, you'd get bashed. I can't stand her anti gay drivel through the rest of the 'blog' so I am pretty sure that I won't read this one again. Not worth getting my blood pressure up for.

Svar isn't a fundie per se, he's more of a male rights advocate. Which is basically a movement where men get to act like entitled, rude, misogynistic little dicks who hate women and blame them for all the world's woes. Alte is sort of one of their minions, she bends over backward to prove how perfect she is, how she sets the standard for which other women should be judged. Notice how nakedly she seeks approval for being a perfect stay at home mom. Most fundie women try to make everything about serving God and their husbands.

Alteis just like Stinking Lousewife and Full of Bile (although I think full of bile and alte have butted heads because, surprise if you spend your a whole blogging career out of hating other women, you might start hating women who agree with you on most things. I'm sure the MRA dudes love a good catfight)

Am I on crack without my knowledge or did the chick just use the phrase "take it up the ass?" Is that really good Christian talk? Maybe that's why fundies don't like Catholics - they're potty mouths!

Svar sounds dreamy. If only I could find such a godly man!!

I wrote a comment:

Doubt it will get posted. Or, if it is, it will be even more fuel on their hatred fires. I just don't get it. What horribly mean and cruel people. Which, I know, she'd probably be crying persecution if she found us talking about her here, but Jane was trying to talk civilly. I just feel disgusted on her behalf.

Great comment. And yes it was posted, as were several other dissenting comments that didn't kiss Alte's ass. And naturally, she and her sycophants totally got their knickers in a twist.

And Svar is a misogynistic and hateful douchebag. He seriously has issues, and I pity any woman who gets involved with him. Actually, the only woman I can see him getting involved with is the kind you blow up.

As for Alte, yep, she's a piece of work. She seems quite fond of herself. She's such a special snowflake. And she really comes across as a bully who gets off on humiliating others while convinced of her own superiority. I bet she left the workplace not out of wanting to be a SAHM but because her co-workers couldn't stand her ass.

And the editor thing just kills me. I have worked as an editor and I have worked with editors. Alte is no editor.

Archived