IGNORED

Botkin Rewind: When Brothers Become Men

Deleted12

Our youngest brother, Noah, has just celebrated his 13th birthday, and according to Botkin family tradition, is considered to have now joined the ranks of the Botkin Men. The age of 13 has been traditionally considered the threshold of manhood, something that we as older sisters take very seriously when prayerfully considering how to relate to our brothers.

(snip)

It is sobering to watch a roly-poly little boy grow into a man of strength and stature, a man with big ideas and a mission, a man who will someday have great influence. We both remember helping baby Noah learn to lisp out our names; recently we heard him speak out about his willingness to die for his faith in front of a crowd of hundreds.

It’s interesting to now be grown women in a houseful of grown men, for all of our brothers have now (mostly) grown up. Instead of running to us to show us their latest Lego creations, they now come to us with their latest theological hypotheses. Yesterday they were picking out tunes on the piano and learning how to type — today they are writing books, making films, starting businesses and composing music professionally. Our childhood scheming together on how to build tree forts has matured into planning for projects that will impact the nations.

http://visionarydaughters.com/2008/06/w ... become-men

This post features a picture of lil' Botkins! Aww! Cute lil' dominionists planning to take over teh world!

forest.jpg

If he's 13, he would be half a man, and the Botkin males don't sound like men, they sound like clowns, and the women sound like self-righteous bimbos, like Bella Swan.

If he's 13, he would be half a man, and the Botkin males don't sound like men, they sound like clowns, and the women sound like self-righteous bimbos, like Bella Swan.

Tell us how you really feel. :D

Aww....I read Noah Botkin's "I am a Man" speech. Poor kid has been raised to take himself too seriously. One day you are playing with Legos and the next you are willing to die on the Titanic for your faith in Jesus Christ. All because you had your thirteenth birthday. :|

Tell us how you really feel. :D

All right I will,

These people are so obsessed with manhood and manliness, it makes me wonder if they actually worship a giant phallus. It so homoerotic of them.

And all the women in those groups, they're so bubble-headed and doll-like and castrated (if you know what I mean) its like they have no personality or a brain in their own heads, or even any soul of their own. They're like controlled puppets and act a little robotic. They're caricatures, cardboard females.

Aww....I read Noah Botkin's "I am a Man" speech. Poor kid has been raised to take himself too seriously. One day you are playing with Legos and the next you are willing to die on the Titanic for your faith in Jesus Christ. All because you had your thirteenth birthday. :|

They take themselves more seriously than anyone else I can think of--but who in their right mind would take a 13-year-old Botkin kid seriously when he says he's willing to die for his faith? What he's really willing to do is spout the party line.

And "planning for projects that will impact the nations"? THE EGO.

All right I will,

These people are so obsessed with manhood and manliness, it makes me wonder if they actually worship a giant phallus. It so homoerotic of them.

And all the women in those groups, they're so bubble-headed and doll-like and castrated (if you know what I mean) its like they have no personality or a brain in their own heads, or even any soul of their own. They're like controlled puppets and act a little robotic. They're caricatures, cardboard females.

GREAT!!

We should really send an e-mail to Dougie, Scottie, Petie, Stevie and all the other men of faith to suggest that.

Our childhood scheming together on how to build tree forts has matured into planning for projects that will impact the nations.

The overwhelming conceit and arrogance! None of them are truly doing anything that impressive or worthwhile. The only people that are impressed with them besides themselves are the fundie sheeple who follow them.

"Projects that will impact the nations"? At least some who are inclined to grandiose posturing have the decency (realism?) to make little caveats about how their actions will make ripple effects in a few generations, or they're not really doing that much but it affects the world spiritually, dontchaknow. That's not for the ATI crowd, though! The insistence that these pathetic dead-end projects are actually at all important is laughable.

See also: Doug's little whine about Steve Jobs ("Why is everyone talking about him? I've done way more important stuff with much more far-reaching effects on the world!")

eta - they don't realise how stupid this looks? nhedvd.jpg

Technically the art is actually really good for an amateur--I think gBot did it.

Thematically, it's like photoshopping yourself into a poster for an Indiana Jones movie, all for something that has the suspense and thrills of "What I Did Over My Summer Vacation."

Oh, silly Botkins. A 13yo is not a man, not even close. And what's this about being willing to for his faith? Is that even a remote possibility?

It's always the flipping Titanic! It's as if there was one time in history - just the one - when their laughable self-sacrificial promises would actually have been useful, and they're desperate to cling to it as if it could happen to them tomorrow. "In a baking-style situation, I would gladly sacrifice my free time to cook dinner so my wife could enjoy a glass of wine and a chick flick DVD" would impress me more - and would probably impress his future wife more.

That family is so full of themselves to think that what they do impacts nations. It impacts a small sect of loons. The real world doesn't even know who they are, and will never care to know who they are. The Botkins and other extreme fundies are either laughed at, yelled at, pitied, or ignored by the majority of people. Yesterday I was on the phone with one of my kids who was walking down the street in another state. All of a sudden I heard her yell "No! I'm busy! Can't you see I'm on the phone??? That is so rude!" I asked her who she was yelling at and she said "One of those crazy religious people who hand out papers asked me if he could talk to me and show me the Lord." Even people who believe in God think that the Botkins and others like them are "one of those crazy religious people."

Guest Anonymous
"Projects that will impact the nations"? At least some who are inclined to grandiose posturing have the decency (realism?) to make little caveats about how their actions will make ripple effects in a few generations, or they're not really doing that much but it affects the world spiritually, dontchaknow. That's not for the ATI crowd, though! The insistence that these pathetic dead-end projects are actually at all important is laughable.

See also: Doug's little whine about Steve Jobs ("Why is everyone talking about him? I've done way more important stuff with much more far-reaching effects on the world!")

They're Botkins. Of COURSE they don't know how stupid this looks. What they look, besides, is pathetic:

27zaelt.jpg

On the plus side, the Egyptians have them to thank for many hours of malicious amusement.

Did they actually do anything unusual on this trip? It sounded like typical American touristry, complete with criticizing Muslims in their own holy places.

Jesus Haploid Christ, it's not like they went on an archaeological dig or something.

Technically the art is actually really good for an amateur--I think gBot did it.

Thematically, it's like photoshopping yourself into a poster for an Indiana Jones movie, all for something that has the suspense and thrills of "What I Did Over My Summer Vacation."

ha, I'm not the only one who instantly thought "Indiana Jones"!

Did they actually do anything unusual on this trip? It sounded like typical American touristry, complete with criticizing Muslims in their own holy places.

Jesus Haploid Christ, it's not like they went on an archaeological dig or something.

I always wondered what the "H" stood for...

Archived