IGNORED

Trump 65: Dividing His Time Between Court And The Golf Course

GreyhoundFan

https://apple.news/ASSQFUEmVRzSFhu9iDx7Ebg

A Joe Biden presidency would be better for Russia than a Donald Trump one, Russian President Vladimir Putin told pro-Kremlin journalist Pavel Zarubin in an on-camera interview Wednesday.

Asked by Zuribin about the upcoming US presidential election, Putin said Biden would be better for Russia “because he is a more experienced person, he is predictable, he is a politician of an old formation.”

The Russian leader also expressed disappointment around his recent interview with far-right media figure Tucker Carlson.

“I honestly thought he would be aggressive and ask tough questions. I wasn’t only ready for that, I wanted that, because it would give me the opportunity to give tough answers back,” Putin said.

“To be frank, I didn’t fully enjoy that interview,” he said.

Uh oh. A couple of someones have fallen out of favor? Get ready for flying ketchup and a barrage of oddly capitalized (not)tweets. 

• Thank You 5

There was a mass shooting at the Chiefs Super Bowl parade. Of course TFG doesn’t care. 

• Disgust 5
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 3

and I'm sure his supporters believe that if trump had taken presidency then there would be no mass shootings ......(that affect white people)

We are so fucked up. When I saw out of the corner of my eye that there were "shooting" type headlines on my youtube that I set playing in the background for dinner. I didn't even respond mentally until after I finished eating because I just thought it was that OTHER shooting I heard about.  I know I'm not the only one  -humans just can't process it. How we can have such a mental disconnect from the fact that basically at this point it happens everywhere....not *just* schools......wait....I just realized what I'm typing....

My mind literally just thought "wow we've reached a new level of shootings, when they're not mostly at schools any more, maybe now people will care?" 

Because they didn't care when it was schools....maybe when your god damn precious football is affected?  

Ya know what my second thought was  when I did turn on the headlines - "I should probably up my exercise routine so that WHEN there is a shooting near me I can run away better. And these people aren't going to get back to their cars any time soon. lots of walking"

What is the society we have created doing to us!?

Edited by WatchingTheTireFireBurn
  • Upvote 9
  • Sad 2

Here's a good thread on what happened in Judge Merchand's courtroom in Manhattan today. TLDR: Another loss for Trump. The trial date remains fixed for March 25. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.5ee3907e08ebbf5d117decb7591e550d.png

image.thumb.png.8135f23a0aa1373e41070341fc0d756e.png

image.thumb.png.42259545aff99f508b195fa75fe5b9d0.png

image.thumb.png.af5fcd117ba2dcfdab1c5f658c3795a1.png

image.thumb.png.23daed67b725da417e6482c176e85d1b.png

• Thank You 10
  • Love 1

Ohhh myyyyyy...

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 2

:pb_eek: Judge Cannon denies motion to delay the documents trial!

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 7

image.png.5165aaeaa9ef162f619c7fd09e9991c0.png

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 2

Might've said this before but my message at this point to Branch Trumpvidians in my family is basically this now, "Fredo, you're nothing to me now. You're not a (insert relation here), you're not a friend. I don't want to know you or what you do. I don't want to see you at the DBQ taprooms when I'm in town, I don't want you near my parents house. When you see my parents, I want to know a day in advance, so I won't be there. You understand?"

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 4

On 2/15/2024 at 12:19 AM, AnywhereButHere said:

https://apple.news/ASSQFUEmVRzSFhu9iDx7Ebg

Uh oh. A couple of someones have fallen out of favor? Get ready for flying ketchup and a barrage of oddly capitalized (not)tweets. 

I think Putin has realized that his positive coverage of Trump isn't doing Trump any favors.  Now, he's going to pretend to want Biden to be president so that the rightwing can use it.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

https://apple.news/AubB-AT5iQWCQlwbdeaH8RA

The judge who presided over a civil business fraud trial against Donald Trump and his company has issued his decision in the case.

Judge Arthur Engoron ordered the former president and the Trump Organization to pay over $300 million in damages, and bars Trump "from serving as an officer or director of any New York corporation or other legal entity in New York for a period of three years."

The judgment is the second this year against Trump after he was hit last month with an $83.3 million verdict in writer E. Jean Carroll's defamation case against him. The former president could also face four criminal trials this year as his presidential campaign barrels toward the November election, with the first set to begin in New York state court on March 25th.

New York Attorney General Letitia James had been seeking $370 million from Trump, his company and its top executives, including his sons Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump, alleging "repeated and persistent fraud" that included falsifying business records and financial statements. James had argued those financial statements were at times exaggerated by as much as $2.2 billion.

James contended the defendants used the inflated financial statements to obtain bank loans and insurance policies at rates he otherwise wouldn’t have been entitled to and "reaped hundreds of millions of dollars in ill-gotten gains."

Trump had maintained his financial statements were conservative, and has called the AG's allegations politically motivated and a "fraud on me."

"This is a case that should have never been brought, and I think we should be entitled to damages," Trump told reporters when he attended closing arguments in the case on Jan. 11.

The months-long civil trial included testimony from Trump and his oldest children. The former president was combative in his day on the stand, blasting James as a "hack" and calling the judge "extremely hostile. 

Oh look - another loss. More money that he’s going to grift off of his followers.  How many more lost trials before at least a few of them notice? 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

13 minutes ago, AnywhereButHere said:

Oh look - another loss. More money that he’s going to grift off of his followers.  How many more lost trials before at least a few of them notice? 

The MAGATS better start opening their wallets! What will it be this time? More trading cards? 

• Upvote 7

4 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

The MAGATS better start opening their wallets! What will it be this time? More trading cards? 

Oh god. My eyes can't take any more of the imagery on those cards. Not enough bleach in the world...

• Haha 8
  • I Agree 3

1 minute ago, AnywhereButHere said:

Oh god. My eyes can't take any more of the imagery on those cards. Not enough bleach in the world...

Maybe prayer cards with him standing with Jesus? They would eat those up. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

364 million?

:evil-laugh:

Edited by fraurosena
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8

There's more too...

What else is in the decision: The former president is also barred from serving as an officer or director of any New York corporation or other legal entity in the state for three years, and he cannot apply for loans from any financial institution registered in New York for three years. Meanwhile, his adult sons, Donald Jr. and Eric, have been ordered to pay $4 million for their personal profits from the fraud and are barred from serving as an officer or director of any New York corporation for two years.

If I was a ketchup bottle in Mar-a-Largo I'd be very much in fear of my life right now because other bottles are probably flying all over the place now.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 4

image.png.bc830f5a5957a01685027771a72fdab4.png

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, AnywhereButHere said:

Unfortunately for Trump, campaign donations cannot be used to pay adjudicated judgments. Too bad, so sad.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 3

21 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Unfortunately for Trump, campaign donations cannot be used to pay adjudicated judgments. Too bad, so sad.

But no one ever said Trump followed any rules. He'll probably figure out a way to launder the money. And the judge in Florida will go right along with it.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

image.png.9fbdc7a2b0eab076c5dbea7772ae58d5.png

• Upvote 9
  • Disgust 1
  • Eyeroll 1

image.png.91f0c8187cf15011b9960e9f88257d24.png

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 8

16 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

image.png.9fbdc7a2b0eab076c5dbea7772ae58d5.png

Give it up Alina.  Go work in a legal aid office for people that need actual legal help but cannot afford an attorney instead of embarrassing yourself like this.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

2 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Give it up Alina.  Go work in a legal aid office for people that need actual legal help but cannot afford an attorney instead of embarrassing yourself like this.

But even if Alina did work in a law office like that the people would still need an attorney. She hasn't seemed very competent when she tried to defend Trump. That's reflection of her skill and not her age or gender.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 13

If trump can't use campaign funds I doubt that matters - aren't some of his PACS not campaign PACS - I don't understand all the terminology but I seem to recall this being discussed somewhere before that a lot of it isn't categorized as campaign funds and was exempt from that restriction....possibly I'm misremembering though?? Anybody know?

I'm sad they can only not do business for 2 years. 2 years is an easy span of time in rich people waiting. Shoulda been 10 years. This seems like that adage that for rich people fines are just the cost of doing what they want. 

• I Agree 9

1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

But even if Alina did work in a law office like that the people would still need an attorney. She hasn't seemed very competent when she tried to defend Trump. That's reflection of her skill and not her age or gender.

Well I thought about it some more and I wouldn't want to inflict Alina on legal aid clients.  I suppose she could take a contract document review position but she'd probably fornicate that up too. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

I didn't realize interest accrues daily!

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic