IGNORED

i officially hate The Bates family.

donks

My family's been known to break out into song musically. Usually it starts with one person and grows until everyone is involved though,

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes my boyfriend and I break into song during a conversation, but they're usually songs from Doctor Horrible and/or Flight of the Conchords, so it's not so bad.

I only break into song in the shower to save other people from plugging their ears. :music-listen:

Ok, I can see where it would be fun to break into impromptu song sometimes, but to line up like they do and sing Amazing Gace- that's just different. I've also seen video of some not very musically talented families (the Browns come to mind) singing hymns in front of a church gathering, or in casual settings with friends- it's strange to me.

I third the request for Suze to dish.

Wouldn't it be awkward to be visiting with friends and suddenly they trot out a long line of kids and make them sing for you? What a buzz-kill. I have one musically talented child and I still don't make people sit through that.

Never watch the show anymore. But thats one I wanna see! I hate the Bates so much :evil:

It doesn't take a genius to figure out why. Well I just dislike their beliefs.

I've always found them creepy. They just seem to want to ride on the back of the Dugger stuff to get some fame for themselves. Everytime they meet the Duggers, master Bates seems very submissive to Jim Boob. ;)

Michaela’s hair is so beautiful and thick. It brings back memories from back when mine was like that. Not that mine is thin, but the years do take their toll, even on hair. I think I will try sponge rollers, too, since I still wear my hair long, even at 68, and color it, too. Was it Shakespeare who said, “Vanity, thy name is woman?†Another thing, people who write mean and nasty blogs, get information from this site. I, personally, was ripped to shreds for trying to buy my way into your family with material for Michaela and gifts for the kids. Since I am 68 and know that is not what I am about, and I am positive you know it, too, I can take criticism, who cares? But just so others who write know what is going on, that Lawson is not supporting your family, you are not starving horses to death, etc. etc. Any personal information is up for grabs I am sorry to say. God bless and love to all of you.

Anyone else notice this comment on their website? Guess this fan of theirs' lurks here. Wonder if she is a fundy, if so I'm surprised she has read Shakespeare. Kelly's response was:

Thank you, but we understand that a lot of assumptions get made over the few minutes of air time that might be shown. Criticism can help us make needed changes or can help us learn to be more understanding and compassionate of others in response. We are certainly not perfect people and have much to learn. With that in mind, we ask ourselves “Is there any truth to what is being said? Can I improve myself by acknowledging what they are saying?†If there is any truth (even if it is said with the wrong intent), We can often still learn and be helped. If there is not any truth, We can choose to become bitter or forgive… of course, to forgive is a much better choice!! In our case, since much of what is seen of our family is only a small part of a whole picture (that we are often unable to make further responses about), it is understandable how many can make false assumptions… so the best response we can have is a loving one… and it’s always much more gratifying to look for the good in people!

Who did we rip to shreds over that? I can't even remember that one. Maybe it came before me, but I lurked a long time before posting.

Maybe she was referring to a recent thread where people were talking about the Duggars and the Bateses getting gifts and donations from viewers. Someone mentioned that one of the Bates girls had gotten cloth to sew clothes.

Chrislukas??? That post makes me think of her. She's never criticized the Bateses before this most recent episode.

There could different reasons to why Suze hates the Bates family. She probably disagrees with their beliefs or maybe she has encountered them while visiting the Duggars.

As for the Bates getting donations, I think some people have lost respect for them. On Primetime Gil bragged about how his family doesn't take government assistance but yet the family takes numerous donations of clothing and food. Also the family doesn't have health insurance and they get care from a free Christian clinic, which likely means someone is paying for their care. The Bateses in many ways are worse than the Duggars. At least Boob has health insurance for his family and they are less dependent now on the charity of others. The Bateses are going to be on the charity of others for at least the next twenty years or possibly more depending on if Kelly has other pregnancies.

I think that quote from the Bateses blog came from that woman called Kay who sends Michaela fabric to make clothing for the younger girls.

I would love to get some dirt from Suze too, but realistically I don't think that will ever happen. As much as she may dislike Josh and his family, Anna is still her sister, and she does seem to be hoping for her family to be at her wedding. While she may make the occasional cryptic comment, such as the fact that she hates the Bates family, or that the Duggars think they are going to save the world with their stupid show, I highly doubt we will ever get more detailed info,and I have to respect her for that.

It's passive aggression at work, though. I doubt Suze would tell Josh or Anna what bugs her about them, yet she makes a point of dangling carroty tidbits like "Anna is a sell-out" or "Bates are jerks" on the internet, so we will praise her for being strong and breaking away. I have no respect for that.

Dear Autum,

We learn about other beliefs, but from a Christian view point. Since we believe that God is the creator of the universe, we understand that He knows our needs and everything that is best for us. Thus, the Bible is our handbook on life; it contains answers for the problems we all face. Since man was created in God’s image, there is an unfulfilled void within us that cannot be satisfied by any other means than a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. All other religions fail to meet that need. Other religions are founded on the principles of good works redeeming mankind. Christianity is not based on what I have done, but what Christ has done for me. I cannot be good enough to earn my salvation or keep my salvation. It is a gift of God. As Christians, however, we are called to do good works because we are taught in Matt. 5 that they bring glory to God. Some of the best resources we have seen that explain other religions from a Biblical view are available through Living Waters publications by Ray Comfort (http://www.livingwaters.com/) and his DVDs called “The Way of the Master†(http://www.wayofthemaster.com/). We watched these DVDs for Bible study, having discussion about what we learned. Each are about 30 min. in length and star Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron. Love, Kelly

This just made me roll my eyes after reading it & sigh about 20 times. :roll:

0 kids n not countin, I LOVE your forum name!

That post does the same thing to me. I guess it would blow Kelly's mind to know that some religions don't have the concept of redemption or salvation.

darest I say that maybe someone is pulling a fast one on us, and our friend Suze K may not actually be THAT Suze K? Just a thought. SuzeK, is there some way we can verify who you really are? Not that I doubt you, dear, but we have been um-misled before.

If Gil Bates is self-employed, running a tree service, then how can he afford insurance for his family? Or do they use Samaritan Ministries because they can't afford anything else?

darest I say that maybe someone is pulling a fast one on us, and our friend Suze K may not actually be THAT Suze K? Just a thought. SuzeK, is there some way we can verify who you really are? Not that I doubt you, dear, but we have been um-misled before.

Suze came here before with boyfriend/now-fiancee in tow, totally pissed off about what we were saying. It's been a couple of months since those posts, but I think she's read enough to realize that we're on her side. If there's any doubts, Aletco can easily verify the IP addresses of the posts and vet Suze as real. However, the tone of her first post here, backed up by the boyfriend, the lull, and her take on the Bateses, especially being someone considering leaving ATI when she met that freakshow of a family, lead me to believe she's the real deal.

(PS: this is "Pauline." Glad to see you back in the saddle! :mrgreen: )

If Gil Bates is self-employed, running a tree service, then how can he afford insurance for his family? Or do they use Samaritan Ministries because they can't afford anything else?

I don't think they can even afford that. They probably use CHIP for the kids and get hospitals to write off their own expenses.

Let's face it: they probably have to do the above even if they *do* have SM. Waiting for people to send you money out of kindness is not exactly the most effective insurance plan.

I don't think they can even afford that. They probably use CHIP for the kids and get hospitals to write off their own expenses.

Let's face it: they probably have to do the above even if they *do* have SM. Waiting for people to send you money out of kindness is not exactly the most effective insurance plan.

But they somehow afford food and medical care for their horses.

I don't know much about horses, but I know a lot about teenagers, and it's like a badge of honor with country teen girls to wear flip flops in innapropriate situations. We've had many a battle here, and I've seen plenty of girls going here or there IN THE SNOW in flip flops. Mine's finally wising up and bought herself a pair of western style workboots for bad weather and when she's working with animals ( her friends have them, we dont, unless cats count as livestock). But it's a huge parent/teen girl conflict point in this area, at least.

Worldy Duggar girls! Copying your peers, for shame, LOL!

I hate people who talk all "I'm so Christian and rock solid" but their faith is so puny that they have to have everything from their worldview 0 and Ray Comfort "teaching" you about other religions? Please.

Archived