IGNORED

i officially hate The Bates family.

donks

Gotta resurrect the starving horse thread. Just as was predicted: the palomino horse we saw in 38 kids and counting-the yellow one for you non horsey FJers looked fine then.

I said it was probably new and it's decent condition was due to the former owners feed and care program.

Well it was on tonights Bates show (being fed, ironically) and you could clearly see ribs through a rough unthrifty looking coat.

I bet they are feeding shitty sweet feed and poor quality hay. Also I bet it hasn't seen a vet for teeth checks or been dewored.

Just wanted to post this in case they edit it out.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gotta resurrect the starving horse thread. Just as was predicted: the palomino horse we saw in 38 kids and counting-the yellow one for you non horsey FJers looked fine then.

I said it was probably new and it's decent condition was due to the former owners feed and care program.

Well it was on tonights Bates show (being fed, ironically) and you could clearly see ribs through a rough unthrifty looking coat.

I bet they are feeding shitty sweet feed and poor quality hay. Also I bet it hasn't seen a vet for teeth checks or been dewored.

Just wanted to post this in case they edit it out.

Doesn't dominion over the beasts mean you care for them, give them what they need? This is the kind of fundy shit that makes me nuts.

Hmm, I do believe that there is a Bible verse that applies to this situation:

"The righteous care for the needs of their animals, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel." (Proverbs 12:10) :geek:

I guess they've been to busy doing word studies on the quiverful verse...

is it true that the nursery of the bates babies if off the girls room

No, not true at all because the nursey is the girls room. They sleep with the babies in their beds.

There are plenty of resources for people who have been financially hit but still need to care for their animals. When I was unemployed both may cats were fixed at a discount place in Chicago. I have researched where to get discount or free pet food but thankfully it hasn't come to that.

My point is, I am sure the Bates could find an organization that would help them out with a few necessities for the animals.

In order to be financially hit I think you have to be afloat first...the Bates family

has never adequately proven that they can actually support themselves. Therefore

in my mind buying or even recuing an animal as expensive to care for

as a horse is the height of irresponsible behavior. Not that that surprises me about them

as critical thinking does not appear to be in their skill set.

Eta: Lady--my first statement wasn't meant as mocking what you said--your point

is both valid & humane--but as a comment on the Bateses poor financial planning. When I reread it

It sounded a bit snarky.Sry!

I'm pretty sure that Erin's brother, not sister, had to chaperone her to "college". And she never actually attended college like a student working toward a degree; she only attended a few classes (or maybe just one).

In order to be financially hit I think you have to be afloat first...the Bates family

has never adequately proven that they can actually support themselves. Therefore

in my mind buying or even recuing an animal as expensive to care for

as a horse is the height of irresponsible behavior. Not that that surprises me about them

as critical thinking does not appear to be in their skill set.

Eta: Lady--my first statement wasn't meant as mocking what you said--your point

is both valid & humane--but as a comment on the Bateses poor financial planning. When I reread it

It sounded a bit snarky.Sry!

I didn't take it personally. You have a valid point, they have never been financially okay, and should never have taken on the responsibility of one horse, let alone more than one. Going forward, I would like to see if they could contact an organization for quality food, hay, and equipment. With the economy being so unstable they could get some aid from that.

Watching the rerun of their tv series, episode 1... When the happy anniversary couple are heading out, why is the neighbors house blurred out now? It wasn't when it 1st aired. It was shown blurred several times so far. Weird.

Watching the rerun of their tv series, episode 1... When the happy anniversary couple are heading out, why is the neighbors house blurred out now? It wasn't when it 1st aired. It was shown blurred several times so far. Weird.

Neighbors likely complained.

Isn't that unusual, though? It wasn't a close up. I know I wouldn't recognize it if I saw it (the house). The big blur is very conspicous (sp?).

God, when we've been tightest on money, we made sure our daughter and animals ate before we did. I don't know how adults can eat while the animals they chose to get and/or the children they chose to have are hungry. If they can't feed the horses, if they can't tend to the flock or provide for the dominion, then they are failing and need to give the animals to someone who can. I'd rather see those horses in the care of the Duggar boys.

Isn't that unusual, though? It wasn't a close up. I know I wouldn't recognize it if I saw it (the house). The big blur is very conspicous (sp?).

The neighbors might be pissed about their own privacy being violated. Imagine living next to the bates with a bazillion kids, buses in and out and now camera crews.

Archived