IGNORED

CarVan 14: The Abeka Boxes Have Started to Arrive

nelliebelle1197

37 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They have a white dress line now. Which I guess is a good idea. Because the people they sell to are obsessed with getting married and they all need white dresses to wear to their engagement parties, bridal showers, and rehearsal dinners. 

I wore khakis and a sweater to my rehearsal dinner. I figured I'd be dressed up enough the next day. Weddings are so dang extra anymore. 

• Upvote 9

26 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

I wore khakis and a sweater to my rehearsal dinner. I figured I'd be dressed up enough the next day. Weddings are so dang extra anymore. 

It really is so much more than it used to be. I got married in 2009 and I’ve seen weddings become much more “extra” and I assume it’s because of the popularity of social media. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

12 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Is she pregnant ot is it an old picture?

It's an unflattering empire waist dress. Making a size 0 look 6 months pregnant. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

19 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Is she pregnant ot is it an old picture?

New pic, bad dress. But you never know with these girls either. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

New pic, bad dress. But you never know with these girls either. 

Shroedinger’s (sp?) baby bump 

• Haha 7

Please tell me this a filter and Carlin hasn't put false eyelashes on her not-quite-four year old daughter.  image.png.3d0cb5328b6cc1f09699dfcb23bf6707.png

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 4
  • WTF 2

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Please tell me this a filter and Carlin hasn't put false eyelashes on her not-quite-four year old daughter.  image.png.3d0cb5328b6cc1f09699dfcb23bf6707.png

Even if it is a filter, just why? No four year old needs a filter. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

My kids like to play with filters for fun. I assume Layla was excited about the hair color in the filter so Carlin posted it. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

20 minutes ago, gobucks said:

My kids like to play with filters for fun. I assume Layla was excited about the hair color in the filter so Carlin posted it. 

That doesn't explain the eyelashes.

• Upvote 2

Those filters have makeup and mascara and all of that built into it. It's just digital imaging. It has nothing to do with her actual eyelashes. You can find vanity filters for all sorts of body changes. It's creepy to me. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

13 hours ago, gobucks said:

Those filters have makeup and mascara and all of that built into it. It's just digital imaging. It has nothing to do with her actual eyelashes. You can find vanity filters for all sorts of body changes. It's creepy to me. 

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Edited by Coconut Flan
animated gif
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Her daughter may find the filters fun, but Carlin does not need to post this for the world - for clicks-only objectives

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

10 hours ago, marmalade said:

That doesn't explain the eyelashes.

It just comes with the pink hair filter. My nieces also love these kind of filters.

• Upvote 2

Sorry wrong thread 🙄

Edited by JermajestyDuggar

• 2 weeks later...

This week's video. Layla got to go to Chuck E Cheese for her actual birthday day with the fam. Carlin said Gil is always trying to get a deal/coupon wherever they go. They go thrift shopping for I Love You Day theme costumes. This year's theme is Little House on the Prairie. They go to Zach's house to help him film his first YouTube video, even though he has a friend with a media company helping. Carlin gets her hair done and opens some photos for their wall by the kitchen table. 

Edited by gobucks
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

15 hours ago, gobucks said:

This week's video. Layla got to go to Chuck E Cheese for her actual birthday day with the fam. Carlin said Gil is always trying to get a deal/coupon wherever they go. They go thrift shopping for I Love You Day theme costumes. This year's theme is Little House on the Prairie. They go to Zach's house to help him film his first YouTube video, even though he has a friend with a media company helping. Carlin gets her hair done and opens some photos for their wall by the kitchen table. 

Couple of notes:

1. Do they only know Little House on the Prairie as a television show? I know Carlin isn't really a reader. 

2. Which character is she wanting Evan to be that he needs to shave his head? 

3. Carlin said he needs to wear pinstripes. Is she thinking a conductor, banker, or what? 

4. Evan says Carlin and her family watched LHOTP growing up. I'm guessing they skipped a few episodes. 

5. When Layla was an infant, Carlin loved to put her in bonnets. Here we go again. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

Of course they are doing a LHOTP theme. They used to dress like extras on LHOTP everyday. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4

Here’s the shave the head video

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

2. Which character is she wanting Evan to be that he needs to shave his head? 

3. Carlin said he needs to wear pinstripes. Is she thinking a conductor, banker, or what? 

I'm thinking Nels Oleson. Maybe Carlin is going as Harriet and the kids as Nellie and Willie.  

image.png.1341e2b0f1d439ad3d366d91f3d28699.png

• Upvote 2

The Bateses have always cosplayed LHOTP. Just dig out a bunch of your old homemade dresses everyone. No need to go to goodwill. 

B4605A62-717B-4202-B088-97A26C26887C.jpeg

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

The blurriness of the photo helps, but Carlin, Josie and Katie all seem to have strong resemblances to Layla, Willow and Hailey which I don’t see now.

On 2/4/2024 at 6:55 PM, HeartsAFundie said:

I'm thinking Nels Oleson. Maybe Carlin is going as Harriet and the kids as Nellie and Willie.  

image.png.1341e2b0f1d439ad3d366d91f3d28699.png

You might be right, but that would be so meta at this point. Evan as the henpecked husband. Carlin as an insufferable woman who thought she was God's gift. Layla as the spoiled and prissy older daughter. Zade as the misbehaving and often rejected/overlooked younger son. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

You might be right, but that would be so meta at this point. Evan as the henpecked husband. Carlin as an insufferable woman who thought she was God's gift. Layla as the spoiled and prissy older daughter. Zade as the misbehaving and often rejected/overlooked younger son. 

That is really good!  I never thought of that but it all surely fits!  All I was doing was trying to figure out who had little to no hair and wore pinstriped clothing, and Nels fit the bill.  But the whole thing actually works.     

• Upvote 4

If I had a LHOTP party to go to, I would just head on over to target. I swear they’ve had some very frumpy looking dresses the last couple of years. Then I would put my hair up in a bun and call it a day. 

Amazon also has some with matching bonnets:

6E8E8DCA-2BE6-4E4A-9D23-2F85778DC14B.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 5