IGNORED

CarVan 14: The Abeka Boxes Have Started to Arrive

nelliebelle1197

Some commenters are saying that the  calculated display of a Hint water bottle in this Easter photo are a clue that she's expecting, and that this was also a baby announcement photo shoot. But Carlin also had an influencer story on IG where she showed off a set of L'Occitane products and a case of Hint water* she had received. 

So I can't decide if this Hint is indeed a "hint"

* I wish the universe would send me L'Occitane gift boxes and Hint water!!

image.png.563f6248c25e3ed719ba6bb0b0f4d20f.png

• Upvote 5

Dumbass Lawson posted a video of himself driving alone in a snowstorm, complaining about bad drivers. Meanwhile he's videoing and narrating the whole time. And only wearing what appears to be a teeshirt and a lined corduroy jacket. No hat, no gloves, no scarf in sight. 

image.thumb.png.5f8ec58680d09c3dcf5b414d03de94d6.png

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 5
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Dumbass Lawson posted a video of himself driving alone in a snowstorm, complaining about bad drivers. Meanwhile he's videoing and narrating the whole time. And only wearing what appears to be a teeshirt and a lined corduroy jacket. No hat, no gloves, no scarf in sight. 

I was going to post about that in the Lawson thread. He keeps talking about “a foot of snow.” Uh, no. As someone who lives in the upper Midwest and has actually experienced snowfalls of more than a foot, I would guess that’s more like 4-6 inches. In Chicago, we just shovel out and go about our business, but  Nashville isn’t equipped for that level of storm. Lawson and Tiff should be staying put until the snowplows have come through, not going to an ultrasound which can easily be rescheduled or driving to Knoxville for a birth announcement photoshoot which could also be rescheduled. And Lawson has no business criticizing the admittedly stupid drivers who are fishtailing through the storm while he’s yammering on at the camera from behind the wheel. 

And yes, none of them - Lawson, Tiffany, Evan and Carli. - are properly dressed for a snowstorm. They may not have the level of winter clothing I’m accustomed to, but surely they each own a sweater, a lightweight down coat, gloves and a hat? 

• Upvote 8

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Tbf when I'm driving I never have a scarf, gloves or hat either. I usually won't have a coat on either. I'll wear it to warm up the car but I hate driving in a coat so I'll typically take it off before I start driving. I'll give him crap for filming while drivinng, though. That's the height of stupidity!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, Giraffe said:

Tbf when I'm driving I never have a scarf, gloves or hat either. I usually won't have a coat on either. I'll wear it to warm up the car but I hate driving in a coat so I'll typically take it off before I start driving. I'll give him crap for filming while drivinng, though. That's the height of stupidity!

He should have those items with him, though, in case he gets stuck--or needs to help someone else who is stuck in the snow. He wasn't wearing gloves when he was cleaning off his truck, either. He also didn't clean off the roof of his truck, and a number of commenters have given grief for that, though.

I guess Alert Academy and Medicorps don't cover "how to be prepared in a snowstorm"

• Upvote 5

I can understand not rescheduling an ultrasound because it might be a month before you can get another appointment but I don’t understand driving through a blizzard for a photo shoot (and I live in a Prairie Province where blizzards are common). 

• Upvote 5

30 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

He also didn't clean off the roof of his truck,

I’d forgotten about how poorly he cleaned snow off the truck. There was a point where I wondered if he was going to brush snow off the windows or just rely on the wipers. I can’t give him too much grief for not cleaning off the roof, as I’ve been guilty of the same. However, when the snow cascades off the roof and blocks the rear window, I always regret not taking the time. 

Long story short, Lawson demonstrated his lack of awareness of safe driving in snow in every possible way. 

• Upvote 6

13 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Some commenters are saying that the  calculated display of a Hint water bottle in this Easter photo are a clue that she's expecting, and that this was also a baby announcement photo shoot. But Carlin also had an influencer story on IG where she showed off a set of L'Occitane products and a case of Hint water* she had received. 

So I can't decide if this Hint is indeed a "hint"

* I wish the universe would send me L'Occitane gift boxes and Hint water!!

image.png.563f6248c25e3ed719ba6bb0b0f4d20f.png

Zade's face is all "I just pooped!"

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, postscript said:

I’d forgotten about how poorly he cleaned snow off the truck. There was a point where I wondered if he was going to brush snow off the windows or just rely on the wipers. I can’t give him too much grief for not cleaning off the roof, as I’ve been guilty of the same. However, when the snow cascades off the roof and blocks the rear window, I always regret not taking the time. 

Long story short, Lawson demonstrated his lack of awareness of safe driving in snow in every possible way. 

My husband actually got pulled over one day for not dusting off the few cm of snow on the roof of his car! 

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, postscript said:

"Tell me, what's the difference between a blizzard and a snowstorm?" he asks while it is clearly not a snowstorm and the "blizzard" is caused by the snow from your hood flying onto your windshield. (My eyes were rolling so hard!)

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 4

Some parts of Nashville did get around 9 inches, so I'm sure it looked like at least a foot to him. It would to me.

If he could handle two thoughts at the same time he would have looked for space heaters on the first trip, just in case he couldn't fix the heating system.   Oh well, more time to drive with one hand, video with the other and complain about bad driving.   I didn't realize that some 4-wheel drive systems still needed to have the hubs locked in place.

• Upvote 2

Carlin posted a story on instagram today where she is telling Papa Bill her name. She is so kind about it. It has to be heartbreaking though. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 4
  • Love 10

6 minutes ago, gobucks said:

Carlin posted a story on instagram today where she is telling Papa Bill her name. She is so kind about it. It has to be heartbreaking though. 

Yeah, so sad. She had to tell him who Layla and Zade were. And he didn't acknowledge a picture Layla drew for him. Poor Jane.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 8

This week's video~

They are fixing up their front landscaping because some of the bushes didn't come back after winter. They go to Lowe's and get some weed killer and mulch. Thrive Market sponsorship. They meet up with Zach and Whitney and their crew at the zoo. Zade answers some animal sound questions "ROAR" so he is seeming to add new words to his speech. They head back to Whitney's house. Zach takes Bradley to soccer practice. Carlin says Whitney should put Khloe in the same ballet class in the fall as Layla. "Enjoying Seasons of life together with them" Jump to ballet recital costume picture day. The recital is in May. Off to Papa Bill's farm; they will be helping Lawson film something there as well. Lawson is telling Jane about "push presents" and how they can cost up to $10,000. Evan fills the coffee maker with bottled water... I hope the water supply is okay at the farm for Papa and Jane. They cook breakfast for the grandparents and mention how they are sleeping a lot. Carlin tears up saying how she is treasuring every moment of her kids with Papa Bill. Evan says that it is hard to be there when your grandpa doesn't know you but it also makes Carlin want to focus even more on it. Lawson tells Papa Bill who everyone is. Drone footage of the farm. New baby cows. Zade says "Moo". Carlin loses it in the car on the way home. She doesn't want to leave and she doesn't think Papa Bill knows who she is because he asked "who is this pretty girl" every time she came into the room. Evan says they will come back and see them a lot. She said he would have glimpses of his old self and telling old stories. She says it is so nostalgic and brings out her inner child. Evan offers to turn the car around and go back to the farm (and skip Zade's swim lessons in the morning) but they decide not to and will come back soon. 

Screw dementia!!!

Edited by gobucks
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 11

"Lawson is telling Jane about "push presents" and how they can cost up to $10,000."

I have no idea what this means!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

I think it's getting the mother a present for pushing out a baby.  I mean, it is a lot of work so I guess that's reasonable if she wants something specific but 10k is a lot of money when you're about to embark on the money suck that is parenting.  I was just glad I could drink wine again, haha.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

People my age didn't do push presents. The gift was the baby! Yes, these young influencer types are asking for and receiving very expensive gifts from their spouses when they deliver the baby. Think diamond necklace, personalized ring, etc. 

Edited by gobucks
  • Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, gobucks said:

People my age didn't do push presents. The gift was the baby! Yes, these young influencer types are asking for and receiving very expensive gifts from their spouses when they deliver the baby. Think diamond necklace, personalized ring, etc. 

FFS.  Must everything become a financial transaction?  [although I know this has long been a tradition among some in India and among orthodox Jews, I also don't like the idea of a reward for childbearing--why not just give them a Soviet-era medal?]

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

6 hours ago, HereticHick said:

"Lawson is telling Jane about "push presents" and how they can cost up to $10,000."

I have no idea what this means!

The first time I heard about a push present was when Rachel Zoe gave birth to their son and her husband gave her a ten-carat diamond ring that he referred to as a push present. I'm including the Glamour article here from 2011. I remember thinking oh this might be something rich people do. According to this 2011 article by Bravo her ring was speculated to be worth $250,000. 

Edited by ifosterkittens
Added value of the ring
  • Upvote 1
  • WTF 4

IMO push presents are even more stupid than sex reveals! I'm sure it started with celebrities who had more money than they knew what to do with. 

• Upvote 9

Yeah, push presents are a rich-people thing, which is why “up to $10,000” is ridiculous. They’re often fine jewelry and well above $10K.

• Upvote 5

Good god. If I remember right mr fluffier might've brought me flowers. This whole 10K concept feels a wee bit contradictory to the teachings of the Bible...  🤔

• Upvote 4

I can't afford to become a homeowner in the city I currently live in. No way I want to waste my money on a 10k ''push'' present. If Mr. Music ever did that, I would actually be mad he didn't save up that money for better use.

Sure buy me a plate of sushi, flowers or even stuff related to the baby, but that's it.

Also, there is something I don't get. Of course becoming a parent is a huge moment in a person's life, but giving a present just feels like you do it... to get stuff? To me, if my husband gave me a 10k piece of jewelry, I'd feel like he'd buying me off. Sort of like a ''thank you'' for pushing out his baby. Maybe my perspective is weird, but I don't like it.

Also the expression ''push present'' is icky.

Edited for clarity.

Edited by Vivi_music
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 11

5 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Good god. If I remember right mr fluffier might've brought me flowers. This whole 10K concept feels a wee bit contradictory to the teachings of the Bible...  🤔

It’s so odd as well. My husband and I don’t do finances separately ever since we’ve moved in together and he a kid, so a 10k gift would come out of our joint money, which means it’s basically me gifting myself from my own money. If one of us wants something expensive (and 10k would definitely be in that category!) we discuss if it is worth it and makes sense financially. I’d be pretty mad if he took 10k out of our joint account to buy some stupid necklace for me.

These kinds of gifts are not just a waste of money, they show a pretty skewed financial dynamic in those families as well.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

12 hours ago, gobucks said:

It's not really new. But I always found it a bit... I don't know how to explain it, no offense but it's like paying for the job. Women gives a child to her husband, then he (or his parents!) rewards her. Very patriarchal. For me, the child is the reward for a mother. It's nice to bring the new mom flowers or food she likes or whatever, to make her feel fine, but an expensive jewel? Wow, were is the 50000 dollar jewelry Alyssa and Erin *pushed*? Giving birth is hard, pregnancy is hard, but what a new mom needs is to be cared, so she can rest and heal and enjoy the baby. Instead of buying a ring, make diner and laundry every single day for weeks... That is a present.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2