IGNORED

CarVan 14: The Abeka Boxes Have Started to Arrive

nelliebelle1197

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If I had a LHOTP party to go to, I would just head on over to target. I swear they’ve had some very frumpy looking dresses the last couple of years. Then I would put my hair up in a bun and call it a day. 

Amazon also has some with matching bonnets:

6E8E8DCA-2BE6-4E4A-9D23-2F85778DC14B.jpeg

The fuck-me pumps with that one dress, lolol!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12

Layla looks really cute in jeans and a ponytail, good to see her dressed to play sometimes.

• Upvote 5

I Love You Day party video is up. Let’s see how much I can remember as I’m not sitting through that twice. 

We start at a boutique photoshoot. How many photo shoots do they do? Seems like they’re constantly filming. 

Evan picks up Katie and Travis at the airport. Some drama involving their luggage which I don’t quite follow. It got put into some office rather than onto the belt? 

Layla comes in wearing a princess dress and saying “surprise.” She wants to hold Hailey, who’s getting big. 

Dentist appointment for Layla and Zade. It’s Zade’s first time. They keep asking him if he’s excited, which seems like a ridiculous buildup for a dentist appointment. The kids do well. They’re able to watch video while the dentist is working on them. Wish they’d had that option when I was a kid. Then we see Layla at dance class. She’s as good as can be expected for a four year old. 

Drama about Evan’s costume. They had it shipped to another place which has better Amazon service and Nathan was supposed to fly there for some other reason and pick it up. First world problems, Evan. Then the other reason fell through and Nathan didn’t fly. No fear, Carlin had a second costume shipped to their home and it’s arriving early. It’s out for delivery now. Evan attributes this to an answered prayer. 

Couples night at the bowling alley. They rent out a really nice private space with four lanes and lots of food. A little weird to see this without everyone holding beers. I entertain the thought that some of these couples actually drink when not around Gil and Kelly. The women are more into sitting and chatting, the guys are super-competitive. Evan is pleasantly supportive of Carlin. Oh, no, it’s Lawson, in full dudebro mode! Go away, Lawson. He and Evan have some sort of a bet going. Lawson doesn’t get a spare on the next frame, thus Evan wins. 

I Love You Day party. Little House on the Prairie theme. Evan, Carlin and family are the Olesons, as some FJers guessed. They have what look to be the most elaborate costumes, though I can’t help thinking Evan could have assembled that costume with any dress suit plus an apron and sleeve garters. Gil and Kelly are also the Olesons. Some of the families are more into it than others, and most of them change into normal clothes later on. Evan introduces his family and Zade pulls off his hat and wig just as he’s introduced. Michael (whom Gil announces as “Michael Bates” and has to be corrected; how long has she been married?) wins the “Heart Award.” Nice to see her family appreciates her one day of the year. Silly games. 

Evan and Carlin may be having a Super Bowl party after church. Good thing Bro Gary isn’t around to scold them. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 10

57 minutes ago, postscript said:

I Love You Day party video is up. Let’s see how much I can remember as I’m not sitting through that twice. 

We start at a boutique photoshoot. How many photo shoots do they do? Seems like they’re constantly filming. 

Evan picks up Katie and Travis at the airport. Some drama involving their luggage which I don’t quite follow. It got put into some office rather than onto the belt? 

Layla comes in wearing a princess dress and saying “surprise.” She wants to hold Hailey, who’s getting big. 

Dentist appointment for Layla and Zade. It’s Zade’s first time. They keep asking him if he’s excited, which seems like a ridiculous buildup for a dentist appointment. The kids do well. They’re able to watch video while the dentist is working on them. Wish they’d had that option when I was a kid. Then we see Layla at dance class. She’s as good as can be expected for a four year old. 

Drama about Evan’s costume. They had it shipped to another place which has better Amazon service and Nathan was supposed to fly there for some other reason and pick it up. First world problems, Evan. Then the other reason fell through and Nathan didn’t fly. No fear, Carlin had a second costume shipped to their home and it’s arriving early. It’s out for delivery now. Evan attributes this to an answered prayer. 

Couples night at the bowling alley. They rent out a really nice private space with four lanes and lots of food. A little weird to see this without everyone holding beers. I entertain the thought that some of these couples actually drink when not around Gil and Kelly. The women are more into sitting and chatting, the guys are super-competitive. Evan is pleasantly supportive of Carlin. Oh, no, it’s Lawson, in full dudebro mode! Go away, Lawson. He and Evan have some sort of a bet going. Lawson doesn’t get a spare on the next frame, thus Evan wins. 

I Love You Day party. Little House on the Prairie theme. Evan, Carlin and family are the Olesons, as some FJers guessed. They have what look to be the most elaborate costumes, though I can’t help thinking Evan could have assembled that costume with any dress suit plus an apron and sleeve garters. Gil and Kelly are also the Olesons. Some of the families are more into it than others, and most of them change into normal clothes later on. Evan introduces his family and Zade pulls off his hat and wig just as he’s introduced. Michael (whom Gil announces as “Michael Bates” and has to be corrected; how long has she been married?) wins the “Heart Award.” Nice to see her family appreciates her one day of the year. Silly games. 

Evan and Carlin may be having a Super Bowl party after church. Good thing Bro Gary isn’t around to scold them. 

Thanks for this. Every time we go to the dentist, I tell my kids how lucky they are. The only good thing about going to the dentist when I was a kid was the Highlights magazine in the waiting room. And someone always circled the objects in the search and find 🙄 But my kids not only get to watch tv while they are in the chair, but they always get to pick from the prize bin. We never got prizes and there wasn’t even a tv in the waiting room when I was growing up. Plus there are usually things to play with in the waiting room. Their old dentist even had a slide! 

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, postscript said:

This is where they were in downtown Knoxville: https://maplehallknox.com/ it looks fun.  So who got stuck with babysitting all the kids (other than the couple of babies who attended)? The three teen Bates girls, I guess.

I frankly think its a little weird that Gil and Kelly always attend these couples events. Please go let the younger generation have their fun and babysit your grandkids for once.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

14 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

This is where they were in downtown Knoxville: https://maplehallknox.com/ it looks fun.  So who got stuck with babysitting all the kids (other than the couple of babies who attended)? The three teen Bates girls, I guess.

I frankly think its a little weird that Gil and Kelly always attend these couples events. Please go let the younger generation have their fun and babysit your grandkids for once.

The single teen boys got to go but not the teen single girls. It’s so unfair that they have to be the babysitters while their brothers who are similar in age got to go. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 9

1 hour ago, postscript said:

Did Carlin and Evan ever follow up on Layla’s growth issues? Didn’t they at some point years ago make a video or give an interview saying she was really small for her age and getting checked by doctors? I have no idea how tall “regular” 4 year olds are and how Layla compares, I just hope they are getting her whatever medical attention she may need to address any issues she may have! They do go to the dentist, so that’s probably a good sign.

• Upvote 2

So Carlin's 2nd costume arriving on time is an answered prayer? Oh FFS, they really think God was concerned about her costume for Valentine's Day? 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

Here is the video.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

On 2/4/2024 at 6:55 PM, HeartsAFundie said:

I'm thinking Nels Oleson. Maybe Carlin is going as Harriet and the kids as Nellie and Willie.  

image.png.1341e2b0f1d439ad3d366d91f3d28699.png

Way to call it. The fact that they embraced the negative side of themselves is cracking me up. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

Way to call it. The fact that they embraced the negative side of themselves is cracking me up. 

And your description of each of them embodying the Oleson family's outstanding negative qualities was priceless and so spot on!  

They completely parodied themselves.  It reminds me of when "Wacky Packages", the 70s trading cards and stickers showcasing parodied products, spoofed themselves as "Wormy Packages".  

Edited by HeartsAFundie
  • Upvote 4

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Carlin sounds like she’s praying to the God Bezos. 

#JesusLovesTheMall

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

#JesusLovesTheMall

I know I'm not alone in this but it took me forever to realize @freethemall ...wasn't. 😂

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

On 2/11/2024 at 11:44 AM, GreenBeans said:

Did Carlin and Evan ever follow up on Layla’s growth issues? Didn’t they at some point years ago make a video or give an interview saying she was really small for her age and getting checked by doctors? I have no idea how tall “regular” 4 year olds are and how Layla compares, I just hope they are getting her whatever medical attention she may need to address any issues she may have! They do go to the dentist, so that’s probably a good sign.

I am pretty sure they did a long time ago and were told that nothing was really wrong. That Layla will probably just be a petite person.

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, dawn9476 said:

I am pretty sure they did a long time ago and were told that nothing was really wrong. That Layla will probably just be a petite person.

Who's the tallest Bates sister? They all seem really petite to me.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Kiki03910 said:

Who's the tallest Bates sister? They all seem really petite to me.

Carlin, at a hair under 5'4", might be the tallest. Unless Addee or Ellie have surpassed her. Many of them are in the 5''1"- 5'3" range. 

Edited by marmalade
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

12 hours ago, dawn9476 said:

Just stopping by to say that I've noticed that Layla is a lot shorter than Khloe (?), Whitney and Zac's girl. I'm not sure, but aren't they rather close in age? With that said, kids are different. Evan isn't that tall, either, is he?

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Cupcake79 said:

Just stopping by to say that I've noticed that Layla is a lot shorter than Khloe (?), Whitney and Zac's girl. I'm not sure, but aren't they rather close in age? With that said, kids are different. Evan isn't that tall, either, is he?

Yeah, Layla, Khloe, and Holland Paine were all born within a couple months. 

• Upvote 4

I think Evan isn’t super tall either so they will just have kids on the smaller side. 

• Upvote 2

Evan and Carlin being not that tall is why they weren't surprised that the doctor told them Layla would be on the shorter size.

Layla is also much smaller than the girls in her Ballet class. Though I am not sure of her class's age range and if she's in a class with girls a couple of years older than her.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, EmiSue said:

Yeah, Layla, Khloe, and Holland Paine were all born within a couple months. 

That's probably why Carlin and Evan asked about Layla being on the smaller side. Seeing her around other kids her age and how much bigger they were than her.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 4

Shorter than average parents have shorter than average kids. Not everyone can be average height or tall. There has to be some short people in the world. 

• Upvote 8

There is scattered "tallness" in my family line somewhere.  I'm 5'7", my ex was 5'8", our son was 6'3".  My daughter is 5'7", her husband is 5'9", their son is 6'3" and their oldest daughter is 5'10".  I remember a great uncle who was really tall, but I was a kid so how tall was he really?  My kids don't have the same father, so it has to be in my genes. 

• Upvote 4

My hubs and I are super average height (I’m 5’4 and he’s 5’10), and yet our toddler has been in the 95th+ percentile for height since she was born. Super interested to see what height she ends up at! Genetics are so interesting. 

• Upvote 5