IGNORED

Baby Name Thread 5

Coconut Flan

Nurthan:

Nicodemus or Nathaniel

Nevaeh Lillie or Naomi Lillie

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...

Jessa had the baby looks like a girl based on hat. I haven’t clicked on the video. I came straight over here to get the details lol  IMG_9732.thumb.jpeg.5a0bab5d01e7d4fc8fc428b66cc2f343.jpeg

1 minute ago, AussieKrissy said:

Jessa had the baby looks like a girl based on hat. I haven’t clicked on the video. I came straight over here to get the details lol  IMG_9732.thumb.jpeg.5a0bab5d01e7d4fc8fc428b66cc2f343.jpeg

Edit. I see I was wrong lol boy. 

Edited by AussieKrissy
  • Thank You 1

Just now, JDuggs said:

That’s the standard U.S. baby hat in hospitals. It’s pink and blue stripes, but it looks more pink in photos.

Australia has standard hospital baby blankets. But for me the beanie my baby girl was given looked like a donated hand made one and it was pink. I’m unsure if that is standard practice or if there is a standard baby hat in Australia. Our blankets are pink and blue stripes (if I remember correctly) but photograph way more gender neutral than that hat. It’s no biggy really except to foreigners who don’t know who then assume incorrectly that the baby is a girl. :) my vagina is sore just thinking of that chubby baby. I’m glad both are ok and Jessa is not stupid enough to home birth. 

• Upvote 1

Jessa and Ben welcomed their biggest baby yet. A 9lb 14oz boy they named George Augustine. No one guessed George for a first name. Props to @Radish on guessing Augustus for a middle name, very close. Special mention to @AussieKrissy for her guess of August (for first name). Here you go: 🥈🥉🍷:redwine:

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

On 12/25/2023 at 2:04 AM, justmy2cents said:

Jessa and Ben welcomed their biggest baby yet. A 9lb 14oz boy they named George Augustine. No one guessed George for a first name. Props to @Radish on guessing Augustus for a middle name, very close. Special mention to @AussieKrissy for her guess of August (for first name). Here you go: 🥈🥉🍷:redwine:

Omg I was only thinking the other day that it was my aim to get a baby name mention. I can tick that off my list along with making a thread title out of my comment. Yipeee happy me!!!  

• Upvote 8

• 2 weeks later...

Nurie 

Naomi Jill 

Noah Nathan 

edit to add I also think that may be a bit main stream so Natania Jill (apparently feminine for Nathan) or Naiara 

weird boy Nebuchadnezzar

Edited by AussieKrissy
Add stuff
  • Upvote 2

I have a terrible feeling that Nurie will go for Nimrod, if not this time round then at some point. I thought Nehemiah was a joke name for their pregnancy but nope. And nobody could have predicted Newman. I think they'll be keen on the macho old testament vibes of Nimrod.

Also, she would choose Noadiah over plain old Noah.

For a girl... I do think Nevaeh is a potential, and she might choose trendy names for her girls like her own mother did, but I'll throw in

Naarah
Nehushta

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, AprilQuilt said:

I have a terrible feeling that Nurie will go for Nimrod, if not this time round then at some point. I thought Nehemiah was a joke name for their pregnancy but nope. And nobody could have predicted Newman. I think they'll be keen on the macho old testament vibes of Nimrod.

Also, she would choose Noadiah over plain old Noah.

For a girl... I do think Nevaeh is a potential, and she might choose trendy names for her girls like her own mother did, but I'll throw in

Naarah
Nehushta

I actually have two Israeli friends named Nimrod- in Hebrew it’s pronounced Neem-road. I’m sure if Nurie were to use it, that poor kid would be called Nim-rod. 

• Upvote 4

Nurie really seems to want to virtue signal her extreme religiosity through the names of her kids. So that’s why I would guess she will go all biblically related names. So Nevaeh, Naomi, Noah. I basically think she will choose names that people know are biblical. I think a lot of people don’t know Nimrod is biblical so I don’t think she will use it. She must show everyone how very godly she is just like precious mama. I’m sure when people at church ask about Newman’s name, she explains the full name in great detail. And if she pick’s Nevaeh, she will always say it’s Heaven spelled backwards. 

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I basically think she will choose names that people know are biblical. I think a lot of people don’t know Nimrod is biblical so I don’t think she will use it.

It depends who her audience is. She's not addressing her kids' names to worldly people, and she has zero means of gauging what people in the mainstream do or don't know. She's pitching the names to her own fundie circle, whose reference points are similar to her own. I mean, her Nehemiah is not the only one in their family!

She has been taught all her life that Christians - real Christians like her family - should be proud to be set apart, to look different, to even be ridiculed. She's not worried about whether her kid would be teased for their name, because a) that would be a righteous badge of honour and b) the kids are not going to school or sports clubs or scouts so who will they encounter to tease them in the first place?

I think she's going for performative goddy names that are maybe a little more out-there than her peers would choose but still in the same vein. Similar in tone and content to the Shraders, perhaps - I have a feeling that Nurie is dumb enough to be extremely impressed by John Shrader. Before she had the boys I'd have expected her to go with things like Noah and Nevaeh but now I'm less convinced. She might do a bit of a climbdown like the Seewalds have, but the babies are gonna keep on coming so there's probably room for weird names and pedestrian one, over the years.

• Upvote 1

I don’t think Nurie has been the dominant opinion at all in the naming of her first two boys. I think she 100% supports whatever Biblical scholar/theologian Nathan comes up with. Girl names might be different because I don’t think Nathan will place as much importance on their names, so Nurie might have an opportunity to choose girl names that she likes. My guess for their girl name is Nadine because it’s “old fashion” which I think will appeal to Nurie.  The name Nadine came to my attention recently watching the latest season of Fargo.

• Upvote 7

• 3 weeks later...

Karissa Collins:

Atlas Candor

Annora Brystol 

I don’t think these are “out there” enough, but it was the best I could do.

• Upvote 5

On 1/10/2024 at 11:07 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I basically think she will choose names that people know are biblical. 

But Newman doesn’t fit that pattern. I think they’ll  

continue making up biblical connotations for non-biblical N-names they like.

Edited by GreenBeans
  • Upvote 3

Karissa Collins:

Boy: Arrow Canaan

Girl: Alora Bailey

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...
Spoiler

IMG_0487.thumb.png.7309735c43a8882ca945d8921bf55ca6.pngIMG_0487.thumb.png.7309735c43a8882ca945d8921bf55ca6.pngIMG_0486.thumb.png.2b94862d5f747621dd4c7fa8b96aef4e.png

Pricilla Pecan Thief, just announced with a side of anti transgender. Due July. 
 I can’t remember all their kids names 

do they have a Peter yet? If not I go with that.  If they do Patrick and Palmer are my next  

girls do they have a Deborah yet? If not that’s my guess. If they do daisy and Delilah are my next. 

Edited by AussieKrissy
Fix autocorrect add pics.
  • Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

IMG_0487.thumb.png.7309735c43a8882ca945d8921bf55ca6.pngIMG_0487.thumb.png.7309735c43a8882ca945d8921bf55ca6.pngIMG_0486.thumb.png.2b94862d5f747621dd4c7fa8b96aef4e.png

do they have a Peter yet? If not I go with that.  If they do Patrick and Palmer are my next  

girls do they have a Deborah yet? If not that’s my guess. If they do daisy and Delilah are my next. 

They already have a Peter and a Deborah. 😀

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

25 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Pricilla Pecan Thief, just announced with a side of anti transgender. 

I just watched her announcement and it was more like an anti-trans video with a little pregnancy announcement thrown in. It was pretty pathetic. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Colleen Mcgrath asking the real questions

Anyway my guesses -

For a girl Dinah Prudence or Prudence Dinah because both meanings have to do with judgment and the Waller's sure are judgmental.

And for a boy Phineas Brian

Also coming up with these guesses reminded me that the Pecan thief has named 3 children after himself. Maybe I should've guessed Pride as a boy name...

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

Priscilla & David

Boy: Patrick Joseph

Girl: Danielle Hope, Dinah Hope, Dorothy Hope

• Upvote 3

Priscilla and David:

Girl - Danielle Hope. Dinah as a second choice.

Boy - Parker Michael, though they’ll come up with some weird biblical reference for Parker. Phineas as a second choice. Autocorrect tried to make that Phone, which would be appropriate for so many of these oversharers. Patrick seems too Catholic for them. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1