IGNORED

Doomsday Redux: Prophet Says World Will End Friday

celestial

Hell no, I'm working friday- sunday and I really need that money since i'll FINALLY buy an Iphone.

Not now. Maybe right before christmas, when my family goes crazy once again. That would be a good time.

endtimes.jpg

"srsly, like any day now" :lol:

Saw this on Tumblr :D sorry it's kinda big.

I sometimes feel a tingle of sympathy for his followers, many of them have dumped all their money into funding his awareness campaign. But then I remind myself these people want the world to end and everyone who is different from them and refuse to believe the same things they do to die :?

I wonder what they'll all do when nothing happens, again.

I was blissfully unaware of the new message until this morning. One of the guys in my World of Warcraft guild is a minister (!!). He was assuring his folks that some event was still on in spite of Mr. Camping's prediction. I could feel the minister's snark - lol

Oh but after work on Friday nights I like to stay late with my co-coach and do back handsprings and back tucks and things. Damn. Guess I'd better stay late tonight instead.

Hasn't Camping been predicting the end of the world regularly since he was my age (early 20s)?

My question is, if Jesus himself said he didn't know, what makes Camping more worthy of knowing than Jesus? Ah, the arrogance.

Guess I don't have to go to work Saturday morning then. Seriously, how many times can someone predict the end of the world, be wrong, and not realize how crazy they are? If Jesus doesn't know, should be good enough for the non crazies. This can be seriously damaging for children however. Some of my extended family thought Y2K would be the end of the world (later realized, there is some crazy there), and at 9 years old I believed them and was terrified. I'm hopeful that most kids can realize predicting the end of the world doesn't work the first time the world actually didn't end when they were told it will.

Guest Anonymous

It's all a big scam to siphon money from the pockets of the gullible. Why would someone whose rapture is imminent need money? If you ARE being raptured, you're going where money will be unnecessary, And if you aren't, your money will be useless once society has collapsed around you.

I used to be afraid. Now I'm just angry. How can parents do this to their kids? How can it not occur to them that their kids will be terrified, likely grow up emotionally traumatized, with no hope for the future even after the date comes and goes?

Archived