IGNORED

George Santos—Is That Really His Name?

GreyhoundFan

I really hope the names are released. The public, especially the people in his voting district, deserve to know who exactly is willing to bail this crook out of jail. 

Any idea how soon we will know?

• Upvote 7

17 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I really hope the names are released. The public, especially the people in his voting district, deserve to know who exactly is willing to bail this crook out of jail. 

Any idea how soon we will know?

Judge has ordered that the names will be unsealed. Santos has until Friday to appeal. So, either late Friday or early Saturday-- or would that be Monday because of the weekend?

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7

Of course he's filed an appeal:

image.png.b1a51bc433bd4cb50f424a7cb4486919.png

• Thank You 6

What job is Santos doing?  If he's afraid that detention will stop him from doing his job, would he mind telling us if he's doing anything useful at all?

I'm also doubtful that it was family who came up with the money.  I suppose he could refer to his deep pocket donors as "Uncles"...

• Upvote 11

25 minutes ago, Xan said:

I'm also doubtful that it was family who came up with the money.  I suppose he could refer to his deep pocket donors as "Uncles"...

Maybe when he was drag queen Kitara, he had sugar daddies...

• Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently it was family. I'm surprised.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Apparently it was family. I'm surprised.

So am I. What's so bad about family helping him in a time of need that he found it necessary to keep that a secret, and attempt to prevent it in a court of law from becoming public knowledge?

On the other hand, if one is used to lying, cheating and being secretive about everything, it might just have been a reflexive reaction.

• Upvote 8

7 hours ago, fraurosena said:

So am I. What's so bad about family helping him in a time of need that he found it necessary to keep that a secret, and attempt to prevent it in a court of law from becoming public knowledge?

On the other hand, if one is used to lying, cheating and being secretive about everything, it might just have been a reflexive reaction.

Yeah, I think it was just another opportunity to mess with people.

• Upvote 4

More:

Spoiler

• Thank You 7

Wow:

• Upvote 7

image.png.0b7cfcc7bc232d9c891fdef7d55db066.png

• Eyeroll 4
  • Thank You 3

image.png.6b7c0d7170d4d014a1189d519bb313e3.png

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 3
  • WTF 1

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

image.png.6b7c0d7170d4d014a1189d519bb313e3.png

If you change the word "won" to "lied" in the last sentence, it makes perefect sense. 

• Upvote 7

11 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

image.png.0b7cfcc7bc232d9c891fdef7d55db066.png

How putrid an R does one need to be in order to alienate McCarthy?  We now have a data point.

That said, Santos can run all he wants (the farther the better), though he may be getting the boot well before that opportunity arises.

• Upvote 5

But he’s totally innocent. /s

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

I love when the right wing jerks go after each other. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, for fuck’s sake:

image.thumb.png.ee4ca9f6845c181fab3daab43bfde206.png

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 4

Show of hands, who is surprised?

• Upvote 7

I’m tired of the “tears in their eyes” lie:

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 5
  • I Agree 2

So now he can get to multiple airports.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

So now he can get to multiple airports.

I live within that radius, though I rarely go into DC.  I'm sorry his leash was loosened - I'd very much prefer to not encounter him.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I live within that radius, though I rarely go into DC.  I'm sorry his leash was loosened - I'd very much prefer to not encounter him.

I don’t go into DC since I started working from home and I’m highly allergic to shopping malls. I think I’m good. 

• Upvote 6

• 4 weeks later...

Birds of a feather... "Fundraiser for Rep. George Santos accused of defrauding donors"

NEW YORK — A fundraiser for Rep. George Santos (R-N.Y.) was indicted in federal court on charges of defrauding donors while impersonating a top aide to House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) two years ago during a push by Santos, then a candidate, to win his district.

Prosecutors unsealed wire fraud and identity theft charges Wednesday against Samuel Miele, 27, in U.S. District Court in Brooklyn, alleging that he solicited donations using his fake identity from more than a dozen potential contributors. He pleaded not guilty at his arraignment and was released on a $150,000 bond.

The case follows an indictment filed against Santos in the same federal court district, also for defrauding contributors.

On Wednesday, prosecutors filed a letter to the Long Island federal judge overseeing Santos’s pending case to suggest the related matters be joined for efficiency.

Santos, a freshman congressman who represents parts of Queens and Long Island, earned national notoriety for winning his seat after lying repeatedly about his background, his credentials and his personal history. Before and after his indictment he has refused to resign, and he has already announced plans to run for reelection.

Among a number of lies that made for shocking headlines once his falsehoods were revealed, he said his mother survived the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks and that he is descended from Holocaust survivors.

Miele, of New Jersey, was part of a fundraising push to get Santos elected in 2020 and 2022, when he won his district without the public knowing that his biography had been fabricated and that he had been looked at over alleged financial crimes in the past.

Working on commission for the campaign, Miele allegedly took to impersonating a veteran political aide, Dan Meyer, who had been working for McCarthy. Miele made a fake email account purporting to belong to Meyer. The email signatures also displayed the McCarthy adviser’s name.

Miele’s attorney Kevin Marino said in a written statement that his client is not guilty and “looks forward to complete vindication at trial as soon as possible.”

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5